Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
April 23, 2014, 04:50:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking at used enclaves, good or bad idea?  (Read 955 times, 2 Replies)
buyused?

Ignore
« on: November 19, 2012, 12:39:12 PM »

Hi, my wife and I have been looking at used Enclaves and are not sure if it is or is not a reliable car.  From reading the forum it seems like there are some problems is the consensus to avoid this vehicle?  What have been the biggest pain points?

Thanks.
Suave1477

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 01:30:52 PM »

Hi, my wife and I have been looking at used Enclaves and are not sure if it is or is not a reliable car.  From reading the forum it seems like there are some problems is the consensus to avoid this vehicle?  What have been the biggest pain points?

Thanks.

Well the consensus is that the problems occurred to new vehicles that over time became used lol There is nothing wrong with buying a used vehicle you just want to make sure you do your homework on it. Make sure it was maintained / repair history and if the notable problems have popped up on an Enclave you are looking at, that it was taken care of. I would definitely check as another member pointed out during these times right now that its not a flood vehicle. Between Katrina & Sandy your gonna have a lot of flood vehicles popping up from down south and the north east.

Do a records check of the vehicle you are looking at where it was shipped too and location of where it was purchased from as this will give you a geographic idea if it was potentially in a flood zone.

Personally I think knowing what we know about the Enclaves already on the road I already know what to expect as far as problems coming up. If you purchase a new vehicle you dont know what to expect yet and of course the huge depreciation value you incur.

2008 ENCLAVE CXL, 7 PSGR ( WISH IT WAS 8 ) BLACK ON BLACK LEATHER, 2 SUNROOFS, BOSE SYSTEM, DVD, NAVI, 19 CHROME RIMS
Crystalblue08

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 01:38:10 PM »

Well the consensus is that the problems occurred to new vehicles that over time became used lol There is nothing wrong with buying a used vehicle you just want to make sure you do your homework on it. Make sure it was maintained / repair history and if the notable problems have popped up on an Enclave you are looking at, that it was taken care of. I would definitely check as another member pointed out during these times right now that its not a flood vehicle. Between Katrina & Sandy your gonna have a lot of flood vehicles popping up from down south and the north east.

Do a records check of the vehicle you are looking at where it was shipped too and location of where it was purchased from as this will give you a geographic idea if it was potentially in a flood zone.

Personally I think knowing what we know about the Enclaves already on the road I already know what to expect as far as problems coming up. If you purchase a new vehicle you dont know what to expect yet and of course the huge depreciation value you incur.

Ditto

The only thing I would add is make sure buy an extended warrenty. I would get the longest they are willing to sell you weather its to 100k or 120k just get the warrenty. That way if a problem should arise your covered.

Current Fleet:
Buick Replacement for Metro-Sometime in Feburary
2008 Buick Enclave CXL AWD-Crystal Blue
2006 Buick Terraza CXL AWD-Ming Blue
2004 Chrysler Sebring Base-Silver
1999 Oldsmobile Silhoutte-Green(Doesn't Run)
1998 Ford Crown Victoria-White
1998 Chevrolet Metro -Red(Doesnt run)
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories