Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
November 25, 2014, 05:46:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Enclave Sales Numbers:     Mar: 4,899      YTD Total: 14,445     All Time: 187,013   (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buick encore forum  (Read 2690 times, 12 Replies)
REDCXL

Ignore
« on: November 08, 2012, 05:10:16 PM »

With gas prices sure to rise I was considering trading one of my enclaves for an encore. The mileage looks good. I haven't driven it yet, but thought I would do a little research.
I found the encore forum, went through the registration process and THEN?
There are no entries! Happy Bang Head

11 Ming Blue AWD CXL1 Owned 22 months 10,000 miles.
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 09:35:18 AM »

facepalm

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
Sailfish
Enclave GOD!

Volunteer with Sheltie rescue organizations

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 09:45:34 AM »

Hummm....I didn't think the Encore was going to make an appearance until next year sometime.  Perhaps that is why no one has signed on.  Anyway....being built in Korea makes it off our list of vehicles.

11 Enclave CXL2 WDT FWD 20" Wheels build 11/10 purchase 2/11
05 Nissan 350Z convertible - husband's
03 Saturn VUE V6 AWD - was my Mother carry around vehicle

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein
REDCXL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 01:03:29 PM »

You're probably right about the debut.  It is in all the web sites, but no dealers have it in stock.  It appears to be the buick  version of the chevy equinox, but with a turbo that gives better performance and better economy.
The Korean assembly does not bother me as Hyuandi has become a top quality vehicle, meaning quality control can be exercised there, too.
We used to have an 05 Honda Pilot. Some were assembled in Canada, some in the US.  The quality performance of the canadian built vehicles was much better.
NOt to knock US built, but my point being that quality control is the key, not the location.
Obviously, we have not even seen an Encore yet.  It was the same with our 08 Enclave.  I fell for it before it was available. I chased all over looking for one, finally driving the Acadia and OUtlook and pracitcally rejecting the idea based on those two.
I held out my final opinion until the finally finding an Enclave. They were rare in N. California.

Crystalblue08

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 09:24:45 PM »

You're probably right about the debut.  It is in all the web sites, but no dealers have it in stock.  It appears to be the buick  version of the chevy equinox, but with a turbo that gives better performance and better economy.
The Korean assembly does not bother me as Hyuandi has become a top quality vehicle, meaning quality control can be exercised there, too.
We used to have an 05 Honda Pilot. Some were assembled in Canada, some in the US.  The quality performance of the canadian built vehicles was much better.
NOt to knock US built, but my point being that quality control is the key, not the location.
Obviously, we have not even seen an Encore yet.  It was the same with our 08 Enclave.  I fell for it before it was available. I chased all over looking for one, finally driving the Acadia and OUtlook and pracitcally rejecting the idea based on those two.
I held out my final opinion until the finally finding an Enclave. They were rare in N. California.

The Encore is much smaller than the Nox/Terrain. It is based on the sonic. For a better comparison on size I would say look at the Nissain Juke, the buick is 3 inches longer than that.

Current Fleet:
Buick Replacement for Metro-Sometime in Feburary
2008 Buick Enclave CXL AWD-Crystal Blue
2006 Buick Terraza CXL AWD-Ming Blue
2004 Chrysler Sebring Base-Silver
1999 Oldsmobile Silhoutte-Green(Doesn't Run)
1998 Ford Crown Victoria-White
1998 Chevrolet Metro -Red(Doesnt run)
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 10:30:14 PM »

When I performed a Google search for Buick Encore forums, I found a few. One of them had several dozen threads with some active participation. wink

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
sklunk

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 10:13:02 AM »

The Encore is much smaller than the Nox/Terrain. It is based on the sonic.

You are correct on the size -- it actually comes from the Opel Mokka.  Here is the website for the Mokka:
http://www.opel.com/microsite/mokka/#/start

And of course here is the Buick site:
http://www.buick.com/encore-luxury-crossover-suv.html

The Encore is more upscale than the Mokka.  It isn't supposed to hit Buick dealerships until April or May 2013.

2009 CXL, White Diamond Tricoat, Cashmere, with absolutely everything except AWD, "re"-contented with some 2008 features ...
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »

I find it odd that Buick will be introducing the all-new 2013 Encore so late into the 2013 production year. By comparison, the all-new 2008 Enclave entered production much earlier, in March 2007.

REDCXL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 04:15:08 PM »

Thanks for the enlightenment. I am disappointed.  The Encore looked great and I guess wishful thinking, that it was big enough for us to get in and out of confortably.
I am still looking, but doubt that I can find anything that will signifcantly beat the Enclave town mileage that we can get in and out of with our limitations.
The Equinox/Terrain sounds good, but the reviews by owners are very critical of the mileage as opposed to the advertised specs.
 Bang Head

Crystalblue08

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 09:00:35 PM »

Thanks for the enlightenment. I am disappointed.  The Encore looked great and I guess wishful thinking, that it was big enough for us to get in and out of confortably.
I am still looking, but doubt that I can find anything that will signifcantly beat the Enclave town mileage that we can get in and out of with our limitations.
The Equinox/Terrain sounds good, but the reviews by owners are very critical of the mileage as opposed to the advertised specs.
 Bang Head

Well part of it is I think they went in expecting to have 32 mpg on the hwy but that is out of the 4-banger with front wheel drive. most opted for the AWD with a V6. The american comsumer only remembers the biggest number when it comes to specs like that.

My understanding is that GM is working on more crossover overs for buick they trademarked the name "envision" Speculation is that when the nox/ Acadia shrink next generation there will be a buick crossover to bridge the gap between what will be the compact terrain and the now mid-size Acadia. So like a sub-midsize.

Current Fleet:
Buick Replacement for Metro-Sometime in Feburary
2008 Buick Enclave CXL AWD-Crystal Blue
2006 Buick Terraza CXL AWD-Ming Blue
2004 Chrysler Sebring Base-Silver
1999 Oldsmobile Silhoutte-Green(Doesn't Run)
1998 Ford Crown Victoria-White
1998 Chevrolet Metro -Red(Doesnt run)
cRaZyRoSiTa
Enclave Freak

Senorita Rosita Carlitta Juanita Herold

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 01:44:12 AM »

I was wondering if there was anyone on here who had seen and driven the Encore. I drove one the other day and since I am looking for something smaller than my Enclave now, I didn't mind the smaller size. I like that it will be easier to drive and have better gas mileage. I need a better look at it, I think. It is not as luxurious as I would like. I have gotten used to all the great things about the Enclave, many of which are not on the Encore. But I like that they have kept the price down. They should be out just about everywhere by now...let me know if any of you have seen it!  shrug

~Gray is the new blonde~

♥Proud owner: Gold Mist Metallic, cashmere leather, CXL, FWD, 7 pass., entertainment package #1, confidence, luxury, sunroof/skylight
TAZ427

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 11:54:20 AM »

How much does this thing weigh?  It has a 1.4L DOHC Turbo Charged engine that puts out 138HP only.  I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I can drive anything that weighs more than a Miata which only has 138HP.

The styling looks nice, but I'm thinking this thing is going to be > 3K lbs and needs > 200HP to even be considered.  Toss a 2.8L GM High Feature DI V6 engine in it first.

2012 Buick Enclave - Leather Group, Hit the Road Package, 19" 9 Spoke Chrome Wheels.
dzs3fz

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 01:11:51 PM »

http://money.cnn.com/video/pf/2013/04/03/pf-w-buick-encore-review.cnnmoney

08 cxl-awd  7 seat WDT, titanium interior, nav, bose radio, sunroof, towing pkg, 19" chrome wheels
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories