Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
July 26, 2014, 09:09:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013 Blue Tooth Issues  (Read 10393 times, 19 Replies)
adgilbert1

Ignore
« on: February 28, 2013, 11:43:12 AM »

We just purchased our new Buick 2013 Enclave and love the car but we have a huge issue with the quality of Blue Tooth microphone.  It's incredibly tough for others to hear us when we're talking to them through our Enclave dashboard Blue Tooth system and the sound is extremely muffled.  We've brought the car in twice to try to fix it and they cannot figure out the problem.  Has anyone else experienced this?
Buick Customer Service
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 03:16:04 PM »

We just purchased our new Buick 2013 Enclave and love the car but we have a huge issue with the quality of Blue Tooth microphone.  It's incredibly tough for others to hear us when we're talking to them through our Enclave dashboard Blue Tooth system and the sound is extremely muffled.  We've brought the car in twice to try to fix it and they cannot figure out the problem.  Has anyone else experienced this?

adgilbert1,
I would like to apologize for the issues that you are experiencing with your Bluetooth. I would like to look into this further for you. Can you please send me a PM with your full name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage and the name of your VIN? I look forward to your response as well as being able to assist you with your concerns.
Thank you,
Stacy Buick Customer Service

~Buick Customer Service

my.buick.com
bjwerti

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 11:11:43 AM »

I also agree with this concern.  I have both a 2009 Enclave and now a 2013 Enclave.  My new 2013 Bluetooth audio is muffled so much that when my wife call me from the vehicle I have a hard time understanding her.  When she calls from my 2009 Enclave, it is very clear.  Obviously Buick changed the microphone/system with the new Intellilink and they need to release a fix.
PaPas Truck

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 12:59:10 PM »

After 39 months, I finally linked my iPhone to Blue Tooth on 5/18, and only because I was traveling with family in two cars.  I had two incoming calls
and the audio seemed to be OK.  But with only two calls, I guess that was not really enough to rate the quality.  Don't know when I will be linking
again, probably not soon.  Don't do much phoning when driving, even with some one else in the car to do the calling.  If I'm by myself, I ry to find a place to stop,
rather than try to make calls or take calls, which means finding a place to stop and call back.

2010 Enclave CXL2, FWD, Gold Mist, Cashmere leather, SunRoof/Skylight, Captains Chairs 2nd row, Nav Pkg, Rear DVD, 20 in. Wheels, Trailering Pkg., 12/09 build.

There are two kinds of people in this world.  SAILORS!.   And those who wish they were.
grampsbf42

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 10:08:36 AM »

Having same issues with 2013 Enclave. Dealer has replaced microphone, didn't fix; replaced Intelligent system,didn't fix. Factory rep is supposed to look at it tomorrow. I'll let you know results.
Buick Customer Service
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 03:53:21 PM »

Having same issues with 2013 Enclave. Dealer has replaced microphone, didn't fix; replaced Intelligent system,didn't fix. Factory rep is supposed to look at it tomorrow. I'll let you know results.

grampsbf42,

Truly sorry that you're experiencing the same concerns, although we are happy to hear that a factory representative is taking a closer look at it for you. By all means, keep us posted and don't hesitate to private message us anytime if there is any additional assistance you feel that you may need.

Kind regards,

William R. (assisting Kelly & Jessica)
Buick Customer Care

~Buick Customer Service

my.buick.com
cbl1

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 09:01:59 PM »

I am actually having the same muffled audio issue with my 2013 Enclave
grampsbf42

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 01:14:40 PM »

Factory rep can out a went over My 2013 Enclave today. Well according to factory rep there isn't anything really wrong. The Enclave being a very Large vehicle which  has more internal area too listen for sound so it will tend to sound a bit  buried in background sounds.

The reason my Verano sounds so my better is the sound deadening quailty of the Verano and the interior size is also smaller which apparently really helps.

His solution which did help was turn up the radio volume and talk a bit louder.  IF the person on the other end of the call has  a speaker phone with the sound up a bit it also sounded better than just listening to phone.

He was also driving a 2014 GMC Arcadia  which he allowed us to try also and to me the Hands free sound quality  was still  better than the EnClave.
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 01:31:42 PM »

facepalm

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
Tralfaz

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 03:59:52 PM »

Remember folks that the microphone is in the ceiling, too, and it is directional. I've noticed that when we have customers come in with this complaint, they invariably are "talking to" the dashboard, rather than directing their voice upwards to the mic. Try that and see if it helps.

T.
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 11:55:01 PM »

When I use OnStar's phone service in my 2008 Enclave, I can talk in virtually whatever direction I want with very good results. I assume that it would be the same microphone that would be used for Bluetooth.

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
grampsbf42

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 07:03:31 AM »

Remember folks that the microphone is in the ceiling, too, and it is directional. I've noticed that when we have customers come in with this complaint, they invariably are "talking to" the dashboard, rather than directing their voice upwards to the mic. Try that and see if it helps.

T.
No!

If I turn off Bluetooth and call directly from phone voice is heard clearly so it isn't anything with size of interior as I was told by factory rep.
grampsbf42

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 06:57:30 PM »

Well since Buick couldn't fix  my 2013 Enclave and my wife needs it every day, I resorted to an aftermarket Parrot  Mki9100, installed today and voice quality is superb!!

Mutes radio , call comes thru car speakers, doesn't slow down ac fan but I can live with that because it works!!! Wouldn't surprise me if Buick comes out with a new design next month!!
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 07:12:19 PM »

That's good news. Too bad that the factory unit was poorly designed.

ChuckR

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 04:52:33 PM »

I continue to be really disgusted with the Bluetooth cell phone connection in the 2013 models.  My wife just called me to get clarification on something related to the NAV system.  She is in a strange city and the NAV should be of great help.  It was nearly impossible to hear her even though she was going very slow.  I asked her to speak more softly and then more loudly and it didn't help at all.  Buick Enclave certainly laid an egg on this one.  We must forget the wonderful feature of safety using hands free calling because it simply doesn't work at all.  No one from the dealership or from Buick has called me when any solutions.  I am VERY disappointed.
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 06:27:02 PM »

It seems that someone or some group at GM really dropped the ball on this one.  :Smiley

cfedor
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 06:54:47 PM »

Folks, BlueTooth is one word. The way I see it posted here "blue tooth" with a space, makes me think someone is eating too much blue icing on a cake, and not brushing their blue teeth very well. Happy  Happy

2008 CXL-2 AWD Red Jewel/Titanium Leather; Ent. Pkg 4;  Prem. Pkg. w/19" - 7 Spoke Chrome Rims; Build date APR 24, 2007 Delta Township, Lansing, MI
2009 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited AWD - Leather & Loaded.
bobboots

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 11:12:05 AM »

I also had better microphone sound quality with my 2010 enclave.

If this is an unbalanced condenser mic,  it's possible that the cable is just too long because high frequencies are attenuated with increased cable length when a high impedance mic is at the end of a long cable.... running into a high impedance mic input.   Nobody should need to talk to the ceiling with a properly configured electret mic.   GM may need to source a lower impedance electret mic.
123ablack

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 01:49:02 PM »

Having the very same problem on my 2013 Enclave. People on the other side of the line can barely hear me. I'm always on the road and totally rely on phone communication so that's a huge minus for me  so sad

I've officially stopped using the enclave's Bluetooth a while ago (using the apple earphones with microphone instead) that really sucks though.. Had a 2010 Chevy Traverse and the Bluetooth there was perfect!

In addition I'm experiencing constant intellilink (with Nav) reboots... Typical problem a lot of enclave users experience too where the intellilink shuts down and restarts by itself and the inserted audio CD ejects at the same time.. I've noticed that it happens mostly (although not exclusively) when in reverse mode with backup camera on.. That's really annoying too..

I have taken it to dealer to address those issues they say everything seems fine and perhaps a software/firmware update might fix those Bluetooth and power recycling problem.

Is there really a chance a software/firmware update would fix these problem?? For some reason I really doubt that it will.. Especially the Bluetooth problem..

2013 Enclave - FWD - Leather Package - Crabon Black - Choccachino
bz94z28

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 11:18:18 AM »

I have this issue in my 2013 Cadillac ATS - had it looked at and no resolve.  2011 Enclave works fine.  confused
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories