Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
November 28, 2014, 04:27:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for something smaller than the Enclave? Check out the all new Cadillac SRX at http://www.SRXForum.net

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heated seat question  (Read 3014 times, 2 Replies)
ravenh6

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2013, 01:35:45 PM »

I recently bought a "new" used 2009 Buick Enclave and absolutely love it..... except for one small problem.  I tried researching previous posts in regards to heated seat failures and found several discussions in regards to heated seats but am not sure if the problem is similar to mine.

The driver side heated seat on the Enclave is acting funny.  When I turn it on (regardless of which temperature setting), it only stays on for a few minutes and then shuts off.  I can turn it back on again but it will shut off again.  After about 5 times of turning it back on the seat will have warmed up and then I can set it to low and it will stay on.  Iím assuming that this is not a problem with the heating element in the seat since it does eventually get warm.  Is this possibly a problem with the switch or some type of relay?

Of course the only warranty left on the vehicle is the drive train warranty and I am really trying to avoid a trip to the dealer.
Buick Customer Service
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 11:33:43 AM »

ravenh6,

Iím sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. This may be due to a connection issue. This is just a possibility and is not meant as a diagnosis. We encourage you have the vehicle inspected for an official diagnosis. A certified technician will be able to offer more information after doing so.

If you need assistance locating a technician near you, please PM your zip code for a listing.

Louis (assisting Stacy)
Buick Customer Service

~Buick Customer Service

my.buick.com
ravenh6

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 01:27:36 PM »

Just in case anybody has the same problem and is wondering what the fix is...........

Although I didn't think it was the heating element since the seat did warm up, lo and behold, it was.  I replaced the lower seat element and the problem is fixed.  I now have a nice warm seat which comes in very handy in Pennsylvania.

I'm the type of person who turns on my heated seats on cool mornings even in the summer. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories