Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
October 25, 2014, 07:33:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Enclave Sales Numbers:     Mar: 4,899      YTD Total: 14,445     All Time: 187,013   (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Squeaky Noise in Rear of Car  (Read 1696 times, 11 Replies)
flannbarr

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2007, 06:40:42 PM »

I am turning into a very dissatisfied Enclave owner. I won't bore you with all the problems I have already had on my Enclave with 5200 miles on it. I have it in the dealership twice for a squeaky noise in the left rear wheel well area. Sounds like a squeak in the spring area when I am going under 30 mph and on uneven parts of the road (undulations). They have lubricated it twice but have little confidence it will fix it. Well the noise is back only 500 miles after it was "fixed" two weeks ago. Anyone else having this problem? I am taking it back in again on Monday and they will be calling GM technical service since they can't seem to solve it themselves.
ccaats
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 09:25:15 PM »

Try emailing Don Willems (member on this forum).  He is a GM employee at the factory that builds the Enclave and has helped others with "quality" issues in communicating directly from the factory to the dealership's service dept. to get to the root of the problem.  I think he will be more than happy to "mediate" for you and get to the bottom of what is probably a MINOR problem, even though it is a MAJOR annoyance to you.  Good Luck!   thumbs up

Her Lambda: 2008 Red Jewel Tintcoat Enclave CXL AWD, Cashmere/Cocoa Interior, Driver Confidence, Luxury Pkg, Towing, DVD/Navigation, 19" Chrome Wheels, Sunroof.

His Lambda: 2008 Deep Blue Metallic Acadia SLT-2 FWD, Titanium Leather, Sunroof, Towing, Hit The Road Pkg. 100K miles on 7/31/12!
En-Clave

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 08:53:23 PM »

wonder if you got the noise fixed.  I just noticed the exact same noise yesterday evening.  Will have to take it to the dealership.
ARGH!  Don't start already GM, I went American for ther first time in YEARS and dn't want to have any issues!

CXL White Diamond, cashmere, Ent pkg4, Texas,Calif., Florida chrome pkg. FED
John M

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 09:04:07 PM »

You sound like me!

2 2009 Enclaves CXL AWD WDT
Both are cashmere, captain chairs, luxury package, drivers confidence, towing, sunroof, Ent. #3 Nav, chrome wheels.
2004 Lexus LS-430 Ultra White / Ivory Leather (14,000 miles)

(Think we link white cars?)
En-Clave

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 09:05:58 PM »

flaming mad

ae7456t

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 08:41:55 AM »

I have what sounds like a similar squeak...Through some investigation, I found that the squeak in my Enclave is coming from the driver's side 3rd row seat (the larger one).  Specifically, it seems to be coming from the latching mechanism...When the seat is folded down, no squeak.  When the seat is up and I lift the lever, no noise either, but if the seat is up and "locked" and I shake the seatback, I get a significant squeaking sound...Can anybody else confirm this in their vehicle?
ksenclave

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 03:19:01 PM »

I traded a 2006 Toyota Avalon with 53,000 miles on it for my new Enclave on New Years Eve. I had it in several times for rattles and squeaks. The most annoying one was in the dash board. If you want to read some interesting comments go to the Avalon forums on Edmunds website. My sister in law also had a 2006 Avalon and the service manager told her they had so many problems with rattles in these cars that she should just trade it. Unlike me, she traded hers for a 2008 Avalon. I never really understood why, but she said she loved the car. I obviously dont have many miles on the Enclave yet, but loving driving it so far. Good Luck.
buster5

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 09:34:46 PM »

Bang Head

Well, I have 5500 mile on my Enclave and this squeaky noise is starting to drive me crazy !  I traded in my Cadillac SRX with the Ultraview roof for the Enclave.  The SRX with that big sunroof had many rattles that I thought I would never here again do to the fact that I did not get a sunroof with my Enclave.  Now, the squeaking is worse in the Enclave then my SRX  ! Come on GM/UAW , can't you get this right for once !!
caddycruiser

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 05:31:37 PM »

Bang Head

Well, I have 5500 mile on my Enclave and this squeaky noise is starting to drive me crazy !  I traded in my Cadillac SRX with the Ultraview roof for the Enclave.  The SRX with that big sunroof had many rattles that I thought I would never here again do to the fact that I did not get a sunroof with my Enclave.  Now, the squeaking is worse in the Enclave then my SRX  ! Come on GM/UAW , can't you get this right for once !!

It's a complex car and little things, completely unseen before, creep up from time to time.  This seems like a simple latch issue, and being common (at least from the few here) hopefully can be sorted out by the engineering team and a fix released ASAP.  Noises happen with a lot of cars, even with such exacting tolerances and better quality anymore...it's complex.  And especially when everything else is so quiet.  Still terribly annoying, yes.

Seems like the hinge/latch maybe has some free or unintended motion when the seat's up, that it doesn't otherwise.

Almost bought an Enclave, before deciding to downsize further and going Malibu.  Still love the Enclave...the ultimate Lambda!

'08 Malibu 2LT 4-cyl
'09 G8 GT (traded '09 Malibu 2LT V6)
Smokin SRX
Enclave Freak

'08 CXL, AWD, All Opts except DVD, eng htr.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 10:50:43 PM »

Don't have any squeaks at 10 K miles but I know exactly what you mean. A "loaded" seat can be quiet but a upright unweighted one squeaky.  Hey got some Vise-grips to "adjust" the latch a little??

I would confirm with a suitcase or other weight, in 3rd seat, to see if ae7456t astute observation is same in your E  thumbs up
En-Clave

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 11:16:20 PM »

I fopund the squeak a while back, I thought I posted, but perhaps it was on a different thread.  Although I was sure it was the 3rd row latch, upon further investigation, found out the noise was being produced by the jack.  It seems it had losened just a smidge but just enough to allow it to vibrate ever so slightly to cause the squeak.  I tightened it, squeak is gone.
Ck it out. blob

Smokin SRX
Enclave Freak

'08 CXL, AWD, All Opts except DVD, eng htr.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 11:48:56 PM »

Good detective work En-Clave   !!  hear that guys/gals?  I will remember just in case...........
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories