Enclaveforum.net Bookmark and Share
May 29, 2017, 09:24:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: door pillar vinyl curled up  (Read 8759 times, 26 Replies)
JaviCXL

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 11:33:58 AM »

It is under the floor mat......what's the big deal?

If you get snow and salt down there that exposed lug nut starts to build corrosion.
I have the WeatherTechs, But I think it'll eventually start to get nasty down there.

2008 CXL AWD Enclave
·8 passenger
·Quicksilver Metallic
·Black leather interior
·Nav system
·Tow Package
·Heated Seats
·Dual sunroofs
·Power Fold Away Mirrors
·Articulating Headlamps
·Weathertech Front & Rear mats
·OGM1 upgrade
·LED White Lighting Interior
·LED Rear and Plate Lamps
kidsenclave
Enclave GOD!

Trying to please 100% of people 100% of the time.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 12:18:19 PM »

If you get snow and salt down there that exposed lug nut starts to build corrosion.
I have the WeatherTechs, But I think it'll eventually start to get nasty down there.
True, but if it starts to get bad....clean it out, and hit it with that rust inhibitor (Extend...if it's still called that).  Problem solved.  I'm with MR Buick, I never think about that bolt until I read of it on the forum.  My rubber Buick mat covers it, and so far in the 5 years I've owned my vehicle I don't see any evidence of corrosion in that area.  Also, I never go without my mats in place, why would you?  Someone else on here had found a plastic or rubber cap that would fit over that to make it look better, but I still don't get all the hype over it.....it's something that can be fixed if you want to take the steps to do so....every car has something that's not perfect, and owners quite often have ways to modify their rides to meet their expectations.

I'm not going to tell others how they should view it, but my opinion....it's not at all something to spend so much time thinking about.  Start poking around any vehicle, you will see exposed screws/bolts somewhere.  But if you really want to see exposed screws, take a look at a vehicle from the 70's (like my GTO).  There are tons of exposed fasteners on my ride, so perhaps that's why when I look at the Enclave with next to NO visible fasteners in sight in regards to normal daily use, I can totally accept one little bolt that's hiding under my mat 99.99999% of the time.

Traded in June 9th 2016: 2009 Enclave CX FWD 8 passenger, silver green metallic, ebony cloth, driver's conf. package, tow package.  (Was an order, built July 28th 2008, delivered  July 31st 2008)

Currently have:
2016 Impala 2LT V6, since June 9th 2016

1972 Pontiac GTO.  Owned since 1998
gostate

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 12:26:09 PM »

True, but if it starts to get bad....clean it out, and hit it with that rust inhibitor (Extend...if it's still called that).  Problem solved.  I'm with MR Buick, I never think about that bolt until I read of it on the forum.  My rubber Buick mat covers it, and so far in the 5 years I've owned my vehicle I don't see any evidence of corrosion in that area.  Also, I never go without my mats in place, why would you?  Someone else on here had found a plastic or rubber cap that would fit over that to make it look better, but I still don't get all the hype over it.....it's something that can be fixed if you want to take the steps to do so....every car has something that's not perfect, and owners quite often have ways to modify their rides to meet their expectations.

I'm not going to tell others how they should view it, but my opinion....it's not at all something to spend so much time thinking about.  Start poking around any vehicle, you will see exposed screws/bolts somewhere.  But if you really want to see exposed screws, take a look at a vehicle from the 70's (like my GTO).  There are tons of exposed fasteners on my ride, so perhaps that's why when I look at the Enclave with next to NO visible fasteners in sight in regards to normal daily use, I can totally accept one little bolt that's hiding under my mat 99.99999% of the time.
Kids,
I think it's just the attention to detail or lack thereof, that get's people with the exposed bolt.  Generally when someone spends $40k on a vehicle you'd expect things like that to be non-exposed.  No one from GM (I talked to the orignal plant manager of Lansing Delta) could ever explain why the bolt was exposed.  Same goes for the rear wiper motor on all three.  If you look at the Traverse, it goes a different direction than the sisters Acadia and Enclave.  That means two different part numbers, no cost savings there when you have two diffferent part numbers for like vehicles going down the line.
rbarrios
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 12:27:37 PM »

It is under the floor mat......what's the big deal?

+1

I see it when I vacuum-- other than that-- out of sight...

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    60,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-  127,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-180,000
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 01:58:47 PM »

Ditto

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
TSS

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 06:30:26 PM »

I vacuum 1 to 2 X per week.....maybe that's why I care more???

2010 CXL 1 FWD, White Diamond, Roof, BOSE/Rear DVD, 19 Chromes
2010 Lincoln MKS AWD Ecoboost V6 Twin Turbo (Livernois Motor Sports Tuned/ MDesign CAI: 0-60 in 3.94 seconds)
2014 Impala Limited LTZ
MONK

JESUS FREAK

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2017, 03:10:52 PM »

...the guys at the factory during our tour confirmed that it is completely painted and clear coated underneath.

I have some minor damage on the drivers side door and plan on removing all of the vertical sections.  I'd rather have the factory color (Gold Mist? Misty Gold? Gold Tan?).

(I know this is an old thread but I just registered (just bought a 2010 Enclave) and am in the middle of reading through all 72,486 threads.)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories