Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
November 22, 2014, 07:31:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Enclave Sales Numbers:     Mar: 4,899      YTD Total: 14,445     All Time: 187,013   (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Extended Warranty?  (Read 20247 times, 121 Replies)
lewisr

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2008, 08:40:02 AM »

Check gmoutlet.com for pricing as well.
Clave Man

Brad to my friends..

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2008, 09:29:29 AM »

Geez, they list a ph nr 4 any ?s... Give 'em a buzz...

877-494-6964
Ya.. I know.  I think too much about these things.
On the other hand, I filled out a detailed form for getting an "online quote" on a GMPP plans to a dealer website.   My phone rang 20 times in the next 10 days, and I received 3 emails a day for 2 weeks.  I provided all the info they asked..  Just was trying to avoid this a second time.  I thought my question was simple and hoped someone who had done this could answer.

[sold in 2010] 2008 Enclave CXL FWD with Ent Pkg #4, Towing, Confidence, Luxury, 7 Psgr. Red Jewel/Cashmere, 20 inch RV025 chrome wheels
2010 Honda Insight
2011 Mazda CX-9
wait4me
Enclave GOD!

Southern Cal

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2008, 11:12:58 AM »

Ya.. I know.  I think too much about these things.
On the other hand, I filled out a detailed form for getting an "online quote" on a GMPP plans to a dealer website.   My phone rang 20 times in the next 10 days, and I received 3 emails a day for 2 weeks.  I provided all the info they asked..  Just was trying to avoid this a second time.  I thought my question was simple and hoped someone who had done this could answer.

Yeah, well, I can relate to that... I've had to politely & then not too politely request that folks not continue ad nauseam calling me regarding an inquiry I'd made - open the door just a skosh & someone will plant a size 15 brogan in the gap...

Good luck...  thumbs up

2011 Audi Q7; 2009 Audi A8L
2008 Enclave CXL - still in family - sold to son
goldmistcxl

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2009, 05:09:01 PM »

Fellow Enclave owners - thanks for the wealth of information in this forum. I will be joining you all when I drive out with my brand new 2009 Gold Mist Enclave CXL tomorrow. blob Have been submitting responses to multiple poll questions in this forum since I joined yesterday!

I searched for information on warranty options and have seen several options in various prior posts (again thanks for sharing):
1. GMPP through dealer
2. GMPP through www.gmoutlet.com
3. GMPP through www.gm-auto-mall.com (Bob Pion)
4. Warranty Direct - www.warrantydirect.com
5. Extended warranty (mechanical breakdown only) through Geico when insurance is purchased (about $60/year; covers upto 100K)

GMPP through dealer seems to be the most expensive option and Geico the cheapest (though I wouldn't go that route given that I have to file claims with an insurance company and risk my insurance going up; it's an unknown which I would prefer to avoid). Warranty Direct seems like the best value for money - 7 years, 100K miles @ $1432 ($0 deductible). It also includes wear and tear failures, seals and gaskets, can be serviced at any place of warranty purchasers choice, etc. Is this too good to be true? Should I pay more for GMPP to be certain I get good, no hassle service and refund for expenses is case there are issues in future. Please advice as I need to make up my mind before taking delivery (or can I wait till just before 12 months and 12K miles and then purchase extended warranty - have seen that posted as well in this forum).

Thanks. Looking forward to your responses ... and ... the 'beauty' I'll pick up tomorrow!

2009 Gold Mist Enclave CXL, Ent Pkg #1, Luxury Pkg, Driver Confidence Pkg, Trailer Pkg, 19" Chrome Wheels
43sbest

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2009, 06:20:31 PM »

For the first time ever I purchased an extended warranty (The GM plan) on our last car; a  Buick Rendezvous and actually recouped less than 20% of the cost over a five year period. Considering the Enclave has a 4 year 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warrant we passed on the extended warranty.
It's a crap shoot in most respects and depends on how many miles you plan on putting on the car and how long you plan on keeping it.
I would only purchase the GM plan had I chosen to buy an extended warranty.

08 CXL FWD - WDT, titianium, lux pkg, conv pkg, ent 3, 19 inch chrome, sunroofs, 8 pass. Love it!
cableguy
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2009, 06:36:47 PM »

I agree whole heartedly with 43sbest...I thought about the same but the Buick has the 4 year / 50K mile versus 3/36 so it really doesn't make sense unless you are driving 20K+ miles per year.

2010 Diamond White Tricoat Enclave CXL2 AWD loaded with NAV; DVD Entertainment; 20" Chrome Wheels; Sun Roof w/Rear Skylight; Luxury, Convenience, Hit the Road & Towing Packages plus 3M paint protection.  Tan Leather with Captain's Chairs in 2nd row.

"Old" Clave was an 08 CXL AWD Loaded w/34K mile
womps

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2009, 07:22:48 PM »

You don't have to buy the extended warranty now. Before your original warranty expires you can then make the decision to extend your G.M. waranty. By then you will have a better idea on how long you plan to keep the Clave & how reliable it has been up to that point.

My bad Habits:  2008 Buick Enclave CXL AWD, 2006 Chev.SSR & 2008 Toyota Tundra SR5.
KCorey

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2009, 10:10:40 PM »

...and make sure your servicing dealer accepts that insurance! A lot of dealers only accept GM. Also, a lot of "service plan companies" go out of business.

2008 Enclave CXL, Red Jeweltone, Driver Confidence Package, Luxury Package, Cargo Net & Cover. Retired; replaced with...
2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury in Red, no extra options.
goldmistcxl

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2009, 07:24:20 PM »

Thanks for the prompt responses. I picked up my vehicle today and did not purchase the extended warranty. As suggested, I will be able to make a more informed decision after having driven it for a year or two.

Thanks 43sbest, Cableguy, Womps, and KCorey.

2009 Gold Mist Enclave CXL, Ent Pkg #1, Luxury Pkg, Driver Confidence Pkg, Trailer Pkg, 19" Chrome Wheels
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2009, 11:10:24 PM »

goldmistcx, welcome to the forum, and best of luck with your new Enclave. Enjoy the ride.  Cheers

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
Lonestar

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2009, 09:47:35 PM »

Forgive me if this has been previously posted.

A few days ago I decided to get some quotes for Extended Warranties before I hit the 1 year point. I found a GM dealership offering GM Extended Warranties for what I felt was almost too good of a price as compared to others. I called my selling dealership and told the finance guy the quote I had and that if he could match it I would purchase from him because they had made me a heck of a deal on my Enclave. The closest his boss would let him get was approx $250. more so I thank him for the effort and purchase my Extended Warranty from Black Cadillac GMC in PA.

Online transaction, painless, and within a week I had my ID card and etc. The website is:  http://www.gmoutlet.com/gmpp.htm  It is not a fancy site by any means but does that matter if you are saving $$$? As an FYI if you own a 2008 or 2009 Enclave either FWD or AWD it is considered a Class C8. 2010 Enclaves are Class D8. Pricing is determined by the class. 

Go to the site and select Pricing. That will kick you to another page and on that page select GMPP Major Guard Pricing. This will kick off an email that you send and almost instantly you will get an email back that contains the pricing. I think you will be please at the prices if you have shopped other places for GM Extended Warranties.     
Lonestar

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2009, 09:30:18 AM »

By the way, this dealership is offering $50. off their best price through 12/15/09.
zman
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2009, 10:00:09 AM »

I was wondering what your dealer was offering.  I went to the webpage last night and was personally underwhelmed by the discount.  I don't know what I expected but I figured the mark-up on warrantees was huge so I expected a larger discount.

2011 Enclave CXL-2 AWD Gray Green Metallic/Ebony, 20" Chrome Wheels, Sunroof, Trailering Package, Splash Guards, Engine Block Heater

2014 Audi A4 Prestige - Ice Silver Metallic
Lonestar

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2009, 11:13:18 AM »

If you were underwhelmed with the pricing then I suspect you have not priced GMPP or you have been given exceptional pricing already.

I purchased the 84 month / 70K mile with $100 deductable. When I purchased my Enclave the finance guy offer this for approx $2K and I laughed. He dropped his price to $1,600. I purchased the 84 month / 70K mile with $100. deductable from the place noted in my post for under $1,100.  My selling dealer best price was $1,340.

If you price genuine GMPP Major Guard I would be surprised if you found a price less than at the site noted regardless of what option you selected.   
Nate

2009 CXL, Ent Pkg 1, Driver Confidence, Trailer

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2009, 11:27:37 AM »

I purchased the 84 month / 70K mile with $100. deductable from the place noted in my post for under $1,100.  My selling dealer best price was $1,340.

If you price genuine GMPP Major Guard I would be surprised if you found a price less than at the site noted regardless of what option you selected.   

I bought GMPP Major for 72months/100k miles with $100 deductable from Greg Bell for $1,325 on my 09 Enclave about two months agove before the GM pricing went up about 10%.  It was the cheapest I was able to find at that time.

The other nice thing about not buying the warranty when you purchase the car is that the warranty date and mileage starts from the day you buy the warranty, not when you bought the car.  The pricing is the same as if you bought it at delivery as long as you buy it within the first 12months/12,000 miles.

http://www.gmpp-online.com/

Nate
Lonestar

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2009, 11:47:47 AM »

I found Greg Bell pricing to be very good as well - a little more than Black Cadillac but far less then then some of the internet pricing I received. The highest quote I got was $2,300. and if the retail price on Black's wesite is accurate then that is just sad. I mean these guys are in business to make money & they have to make monet to stay in business but charging over retail as bad business.     
zman
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »

Hey, don't get me wrong - they may be giving a heck of a deal.  And no, I have not shopped around so I have no idea what the going rate is.  I was simply saying that given the price they listed on the left hand side (retail price ?) I personally would have expected a greater discount due to what I assume is a huge mark-up.  That's it, nothing more.

2011 Enclave CXL-2 AWD Gray Green Metallic/Ebony, 20" Chrome Wheels, Sunroof, Trailering Package, Splash Guards, Engine Block Heater

2014 Audi A4 Prestige - Ice Silver Metallic
MrsLavender

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2009, 10:30:53 AM »

I found Greg Bell pricing to be very good as well - a little more than Black Cadillac but far less then then some of the internet pricing I received. The highest quote I got was $2,300. and if the retail price on Black's wesite is accurate then that is just sad. I mean these guys are in business to make money & they have to make monet to stay in business but charging over retail as bad business.     

I too went exploring when I bought my Enclave. Varying pricing online and at the dealer. I really don't think there is a set Retail price. When I asked my dealer he said that they can mark up or discount the plan any which way.  Well coincidently he didn't do very well on the discount side. I finally went with the only company that actually responded to my email request http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com  Their listed price was a bit more than others but that didn't stop me from getting a good deal. I bought the 7 year 100k mile with no deductible.  Took me about 5 minutes with a phone call after I had gathered all my info. Pays to shop, better yet to talk to a real person.

PARKAVE

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2009, 01:17:10 PM »

I have not looked at any extended warranty because my dealer has an in-house program that extended the powertrain warranty to 10 years 100,000 miles, no charge..........the catch is I do all recommended maintenance there along with oil changes.  We'll see how that goes for now.
I know they will have records of the work performed and for those extended warranty programs you better have all your paper work in line to get the warranty.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 09:09:53 PM by PARKAVE » Logged

2009 CXL FWD
redvett

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2009, 06:47:21 PM »

With the GM Bumper to bumper warranty 4yrs/50K, Powertrain 5yrs/100K and the average mileage that drivers d 12000 mi  = 8.33 years. You most likely replace your vehicle before that. Bad choice on an extended warranty.

2014 Enclave Premum Quicksilver
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories