Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
October 23, 2014, 09:03:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2-Way Advanced Remote (New Info from GM)  (Read 44515 times, 218 Replies)
PrairieWind

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2008, 02:16:25 PM »

You can order anything from anybody, but if it still isn't available directly from GM sites or dealers, why would you even want to? And do you really want to own the first car in town to have one installed? Not me, especially not for what really is a new toy. Several other threads on this forum suggest that reprogramming any of the Enclave's computers seems to involve some risk.

I want this as much as most of you, but I'll wait until it is priced and available directly from GM accessories. Only then will I ask my service manager what it would cost for him to order and install it for me.

2008 (Built 01/16) AWD CXL Red Jewel/Cashmere, everything but block heater.
bondguy

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2008, 02:36:30 PM »

Spoke to my local parts dept today. She said she has the remote showing up as able to order (special order only). She was reading the description to me. It comes with an antenna, 8 ft of cable, hw (whatever that is), 1.4 hours labor to install and a scanner needed for install. Not sure I want them opening up my car to run another antenna and 8 ft of cable through the car somewhere. My car is the AP3 because I have remote start from factory.
badney

Belle

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2008, 06:35:35 PM »

hw (whatever that is),

Hardware  Grin

'08 CXL AWD Crimson Metallic-Cashmere w/Ent.#1, Drivers Confidence, Luxury, Sunroof, Towing, 19" Chrome Wheels, Cargo Shade/Net & Dual Headrest DVD Players
Smokin SRX
Enclave Freak

'08 CXL, AWD, All Opts except DVD, eng htr.

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2008, 10:46:49 AM »

Spoke to my local parts dept today. She said she has the remote showing up as able to order (special order only). She was reading the description to me. It comes with an antenna, 8 ft of cable, hw (whatever that is), 1.4 hours labor to install and a scanner needed for install. Not sure I want them opening up my car to run another antenna and 8 ft of cable through the car somewhere. My car is the AP3 because I have remote start from factory.

Interesting!  Extra internal antennas are common with Auto alarms, to get the distance required. The 1.4 hours labor would cost me about $165 at my dealers rate. But I have the factory Remote Start already, so only actual remote fob, antenna and hardware should be extra?  Maybe about $200 parts/$165 labor for 1 remote. Total $365??

Not sure I need it for that price.  Mine works from about 10-15 car lengths most of the time.........
mbunch52

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2008, 11:09:26 AM »

I guess if we can afford a $40k vehicle, an extra $.75 cents for it to idle a bit isn't much.  My issue is that I'm planning on retiring next year...every penny may count!  I don't know that I would use it much.  I keep it in the garage most of the time.  We have mild winters here in VA.  I might use it on occasion in the summer.  I'd never make it with you folks up there in the north where a mild winter day would be 32...more power to you!

2009 WDT Luxury, Driver's Con.,Heated/Cooled Seats, Trailering Pkg. Delivered Aug. 6, 2009
Smokin SRX
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2008, 11:17:30 AM »

LOL..................yes I visit the Blue Ridge Mts. VA,  often.  God's country! 

Yes ,at retirement you must watch your pennies a little. I see it coming.  But as you say, use it when you deserve a treat!  And if you get in after only 5 minutes........maybe that's about $. 35 in gas thumbs up  Worth it on a blistering hot day Grin
Enjoy!
mbunch52

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2008, 12:25:58 PM »

We are actually in eastern VA, but we have a small cabin just off the Blueridge Parkway.  I'm looking forward to the enclave since we go up several times a month.  Hubby's truck is diesel and it costs a fortune to fill it up.  I currently drive a SLK320, which is fine to drive up in the summer, but I'm not happy about taking it in the winter when we are unsure about what the weather will be.  It would never make it off the mountain if it were icy.  So, the price of diesel is making for some expensive trips to the cabin!

2009 WDT Luxury, Driver's Con.,Heated/Cooled Seats, Trailering Pkg. Delivered Aug. 6, 2009
caddycruiser

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2008, 01:06:31 PM »

The need for an extra/new antenna is simple--increase the operation range beyond what the stock remote can.  If it's necessary, it is, and being that one of the features of this is increased range (at least from what I've seen), hence the antenna.

Goes a bit beyond the simple programming--which is what most expected alone--but not that much more difficult than any other accessory install for a dealer.

Almost bought an Enclave, before deciding to downsize further and going Malibu.  Still love the Enclave...the ultimate Lambda!

'08 Malibu 2LT 4-cyl
'09 G8 GT (traded '09 Malibu 2LT V6)
Smokin SRX
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2008, 12:23:41 PM »

We are actually in eastern VA, but we have a small cabin just off the Blueridge Parkway.  I'm looking forward to the enclave since we go up several times a month.  Hubby's truck is diesel and it costs a fortune to fill it up.  I currently drive a SLK320, which is fine to drive up in the summer, but I'm not happy about taking it in the winter when we are unsure about what the weather will be.  It would never make it off the mountain if it were icy.  So, the price of diesel is making for some expensive trips to the cabin!

Been all over the Blueridge parkway! I'm by Forest, out of Lancancaster.  WOW! some crazy 200' drop-offs!! The E took it beautiful, I put it in Manual Mode several times and it climbed & braked beautiful in 2nd & 3rd gear! 

Yeah, both diesel and gas prices are insane now. Guess I'll show my age (wisdom??) when I say diesel was always cheaper than gas!!  Sheesh!
mbunch52

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2008, 03:15:45 PM »

I'm glad to know that the Enclave did okay up there.  After reading all the posts about the transmission, I was a bit concerned.  We are really flat around here, so it's not an issue, but we go up to the mountains several times a month.  It's really pretty up there.  Fall is my favorite time of year.  Spring is nice, too.

bondguy

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2008, 04:02:24 PM »

Spoke to another dealer yesterday. Regarding remote and problems with distance. He sent me a fax about a known problem with the Enclave remotes not working...doesn't mention not working far....just says not working. One of the fixes is to reprogram the remote at the dealer. #808-08-52-001A- Intermittent, Inoperative Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)  (Engineering Information) - (Feb 14, 2008)
Models:  2008 Buick Enclave
            2007-2008 GMC Acadia
            2007-2008 Saturn OUTLOOK

Attention:  Procedd with this bulletin ONLY if the customer has commented about this concern AND the EI number is listed in GMVIS. If the customer has not commented about this condition or the EI does not show in GMVIS, disregard the bulletin and proceed with diagnostics found in published serivce information. THIS IS NOT A RECALL -refer to TSB 04-00-89-053B for more detail on the use of Engineering Information bulletins.

This bulletin is being revised to change the engineering contract information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-08-52-001 (Section 08 -- Body and Accessories).

CONDITION:  Some customers may comment that one or more key fobs are inoperative. A number or warranty claimks have been submitted that show relearning the key fobs has corrected theis concern.

CAUSE:  GM Engineering would like to understand what may be causing the key fobs to need to be relearned. PRIOR to any repairs being made, complete the following steps and document the information on the repair order:

1.  Ask the customer if the key fob has worked previously?
2.  Use the J-43241 (Keyless Entry Tester) to determine which (if any) buttons on the fob are transmitting a signal.
3.  If the fob does not appear to be transmitting, document the fob's battery voltage on the repair order.
4.  Using a Tech 2, navigate to the remote control door lock receiver menu.
5.  Scan for and record any current DTCs.
6.  In the Data Display screen, select "Key Fob Information" and record the following information for all key fobs:
     -Program
     -Function
     -Battery Status
7.  In the "Module ID Information" screen, record the following information:
     -End Model
     -Calibration
     -Software P/N
8.  Reprogram the key fob(s). Did this correct the customer's concern?
     *Yes --proceed to step 9
     *No -- continue to diagnose and repair the customer's concern. Proceed to step 9.
9.  Contact the Engineer -- fax a copy of the completed repair order (front and back) to Brian at 248-685-6140.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 04:50:18 PM by bondguy » Logged
Tralfaz

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2008, 04:25:26 PM »

Finally got the installation kit today for our demo, WOW is this remote huge. You fellas better be ready for the "do you have extended range 2-way remote or are you just happy...... :Smiley" comments. Also comes with a huge secondary antenna, so that's how it doubles the range.

I'll post a report after we get it installed tomorrow.

Installation instructions attached.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 04:51:45 PM by Tralfaz » Logged
zman
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2008, 05:19:28 PM »

Finally got the installation kit today for our demo, WOW is this remote huge. You fellas better be ready for the "do you have extended range 2-way remote or are you just happy...... :Smiley" comments. Also comes with a huge secondary antenna, so that's how it doubles the range.

I'll post a report after we get it installed tomorrow.

Installation instructions attached.

Please include a photo with the standard remote so we can compare sizes if possible.

Thanks.

2011 Enclave CXL-2 AWD Gray Green Metallic/Ebony, 20" Chrome Wheels, Sunroof, Trailering Package, Splash Guards, Engine Block Heater

2014 Audi A4 Prestige - Ice Silver Metallic
Tralfaz

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2008, 05:50:40 PM »

Please include a photo with the standard remote so we can compare sizes if possible.

Thanks.

Had to put them in my gallery-too big for the board. There are 3 photos from different angles. Looks like about 3x the volume of the std remote.
kloogee

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2008, 06:03:47 PM »

Thanks for posting the pics.  It is pretty much as big as I thought it was going to be based on pics released long ago.  I was really hoping they would have shrunk them, but I guess not.  Sad

2008 Acadia SLE AWD w/ tow package, 7-passenger, 6-disc Bose/tri-zone climate, remote start/backup sensors, power seats, Liquid Silver, Ebony Cloth (Nov 2007 build date)
zman
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2008, 07:11:58 PM »

Thanks man.  You're the best!!

The footprint does not seem that bad, but is that thing fat.

2011 Enclave CXL-2 AWD Gray Green Metallic/Ebony, 20" Chrome Wheels, Sunroof, Trailering Package, Splash Guards, Engine Block Heater

2014 Audi A4 Prestige - Ice Silver Metallic
Top Dog

CXL FWD Red Jewl Tint NoDVD Or Sunroof/BLK HTR

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2008, 09:05:01 PM »

Looking at the Instructions it seems like a lot of work. When might local dealers get trained on how to install this?
I will probably wait a while until an installation is actually done!!
orion007

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2008, 02:28:30 PM »

My kit is on the way. It shipped this morning direct from the manufacturer. I will hopefully have the kit installed either tomorrow or saturday. I will try and post up videos of it in operation after I get it installed.
orion007

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2008, 04:55:49 PM »

Thought you guys might want this in case you have other GM vehicles and you want to add this accessory...

PrairieWind

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2008, 05:04:23 PM »

Mine will be installed by noon tomorrow.

There are three fob designs to support all those cars. All have remote start (so if you don't have it already, you have to upgrade now, as we deduced here.) The visible difference is in how to handle the trunk/gate. Either none, one button (Enclave), or two button. Anyone have a recent GM vehicle that uses separate buttons for handling the trunk/gate?

2008 (Built 01/16) AWD CXL Red Jewel/Cashmere, everything but block heater.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories