Enclaveforum.net Bookmark and Share
May 01, 2017, 02:18:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: See that little gray camera icon in a member's post? Click it to go directly to their Photo Gallery

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OnStar renewal  (Read 206195 times, 630 Replies)
firebird

Ignore
« on: June 27, 2008, 02:40:27 PM »

I did a search & didn't find much on this topic so thought I would post something as my OnStar was about to expire. We decided we couldn't justify the "Directions & Connections" but would consider "Safe & Sound" if we could get it at the right price. I called this morning & mentioned I would consider renewing at a lower price than $199/yr but if not, I was canceling. I was immediately transferred to another person who answered & and offered the Safe & Sound for $148.92/yr. I also asked that my remaining phone minutes be transferred & extended until the end of my Safe & Sound time in 2009. They said no problem even though she said they don't usually transfer minutes. So, anyone renewing make sure you ask that your minutes, if you have any, be transferred. It was so simple I couldn't believe it!

2008 CXL FWD Sunroof 19" chrome wheels Platinum/Titanium
KMunch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 07:19:27 PM »

Hmmmm....cool...they didn't give you a reduced quote for the Directions and Connections plan, did they?? 

2008 Enclave CXL AWD Cocoa Metallic/Cashmere - Luxury Package, Driver Confidence, Navigation, Entertainment Pack 4, Trailering, Chrome 19" Wheels, 7 Pass - 05/23/08

2007 Subaru B9 Tribeca LTD AWD Diamond Gray/Gray Leather - Navigation/Entertainment Package - 7 Passenger - Diamo 18" Chrome Wheels
firebird

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 07:29:33 PM »

I really didn't ask for a discount for D&C. Directions & Connections is really cool but we didn't really feel it was necessary for the way we drive. I would be surprised if they didn't discount that plan by $50 as it was extremely easy to get my discount. We can always upgrade to that plan if we feel that its needed down the road. I was one of the beta test people in the Mapquest/ Directions & Connections offering for almost a year & thought it was really neat. Could be very helpful to people who travel a lot but right now we don't.

jdens

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 01:41:51 AM »

We used the turn by turn on our last two long road trips and really loved the feature.  Like many of you though, we do not travel anywhere near enough to justify the cost.  Sure would be nice if you could have some options to buy as needed...I would be willing to pay, say, $9.99 for each use (2 to 3 times per year max, I would bet)  Likewise, it would be nice if you could even buy it in 30 day blocks, for when you know you are going to be on vacation and needing it.  Of course, it would be less expensive to sign up for long term, but for those of us that only really need it a few times per year, it would be nice to have access, even at a high individual use price.

2008 Enclave CLX Silver...new off the lot!
2008 Mazda Miata GT PRHT...new to me in Nov 12'
jacko

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 05:52:11 AM »

Just renewed the Safe and Sound plan for $148.92/yr, and they threw in 100 free phone minutes without me even asking!  Smiley

2008 Enclave CX AWD, Platinum/Ebony, Drivers Confidence Pkg., 8 Passenger
desgnconcpts

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 09:03:57 AM »

Thanks to Firebird (this thread) and *Enclave* (older thread) --
I just saved $50 off the "rack rate" renewal of Safe & Sound; 1 yr for $148.92 and had my 200+ minutes still remaining extended for another year as well.  My suggestion is to call from a land line and select the option that you want to cancel.  I simply said I couldn't justify the renewal cost with the rising price of gas and everything else.  The Onstar advisor immediately offered the lower rate so it really was no hassle at all.  It pays to read this forum!

2008 Enclave CXL FWD (08-08-2007 build date): Blue Gold Crystal/Ebony: Driver Conf, Lux Pkg, Towing, Ent#4, Sunroofs, Cargo Net/Shade, 19" Chromed Wheels
khansen30

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 12:50:14 AM »

The person that told you they don't transfer the minutes fed you a line.  When I renewed, the operator told me that they were going to transfer my minutes and gave me a good discount on some additional minutes.  Every thread I have read on this topic says almost the same thing.  As long as you renew, your minutes don't expire, I even think I read that on the Onstar web site once.

Signature:
2009 SLT2 Acadia FWD (Mine)                  2011 Chevy Camaro (Wifes)
QuickSilver - Titanium Leather                  Yellow - Black Interior
Everything
coop
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 08:41:54 AM »

I got a call from OnStar last week to remind me that my subcription has expired and they offered me the discounted price of 199/yr so I told them I can't renew at this rate, however if they can bring it down a little bit i may. Up on this the guy said it is already reduced, and told me all things I will loose by not having OnStar... blah blah, but at the end he refused to reduce the subscription and I got ticked off and ended the call...... haven't received another call Sad

Proud owner since 7/21/07 - Red Jewel CXL, AWD, Ent #4, Moonroof, Driver Conf, Lux Pkg,Trailer Pack, Cargo stuff,  Ebony Interior, 7 Passenger.
NOLA Saints

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 11:17:57 AM »

I just got Safe and Sound for $148 a year, and they rolled over my existing phone minutes and threw in 100 extra minutes.  blob

CX, Cocoa Metallic exterior, Cashmere cloth interior, FWD, Entertainment Pkg #4, Machined aluminum 18" wheels.
jacko

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 03:24:46 PM »

I just got Safe and Sound for $148 a year, and they rolled over my existing phone minutes and threw in 100 extra minutes.  blob

As I have previously posted, I got the same deal. I called them and talked to a customer service rep. That might make a difference. When they call you it's probably a sales rep working on commission.

2008 Enclave CX AWD, Platinum/Ebony, Drivers Confidence Pkg., 8 Passenger
ggans

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 04:26:48 PM »

I spoke to Onstar to activate on Saturday.  They offered 100 phone minutes in addition to extending my 30 introductory minutes for the full year for $15.  130 minutes for $15 how do you turn that down?  Personally, I won't use them with the bluetooth readily available but my wife who is technologically challenged will enjoy them.

2009 CXL White Diamond/Ebony
Drivers Confidence, Luxury Package
Dual Sun Roofs, Heated and Cooled Seats
Trailering Provision, NAV
rocketman

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 12:25:44 AM »

I had a hundred-plus minutes due to expire next month, renewed on my 09, and they extended my old minutes to expire along with the new minutes next year.

Sep 08 2008 Traded  Immaculate 08 Enclave WDT CXL AWD with 2180 mi, for a 2009 CXL, White Diamond, FWD, Cashmere Interior,Fully Loaded,  Rear Console, Cooled Seats,Ent #4 and 19" Chrome with Hit the Road Pkg.
2011 Buick Lacrosse CXS, fully Loaded with Sun Roof and Rear DVD's,WDT/Cashmere.
coop
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 12:43:17 PM »

As I have previously posted, I got the same deal. I called them and talked to a customer service rep. That might make a difference. When they call you it's probably a sales rep working on commission.

Now that make sense  thumbs up I will give them a call. If it was for me I would have lived without OnStar (actually living without it on my Pathfinder) but since thats the family vehicle I think it doesnt hurt to be extra protected.

Proud owner since 7/21/07 - Red Jewel CXL, AWD, Ent #4, Moonroof, Driver Conf, Lux Pkg,Trailer Pack, Cargo stuff,  Ebony Interior, 7 Passenger.
Enclavious

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 01:47:06 PM »

I renewed my Onstar with the Safe and Sound today.  I spoke with Andre and mentioned this forum.  He stated that if anyone is interested to call Onstar ask for the renewal dept and then ask specifically for him.  He will give the $148.92 rate with an additional 100 minutes for free and rolling over any unused minutes.  If you want the directions/connections it is offered for an additional $9.95/mth on an as needed basis so you can call and have it added immediately if you are lost and in need of directions.   I needed to speak to three people prior to receiving Andre who allowed this promo to go through so it will be the easiest to ask for him.
firebird

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 03:25:56 PM »

Good news Enclavious!!

coop
Global Moderator

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 04:36:24 PM »

Amzaing!!! Thanks a bunch man, I will call be calling Andre soon.

Big Daddy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 01:21:50 AM »

I hope Andre is still there in 11 months when my renewal comes up! Thanks for giving us the contact.
Bd

2009 CXL FWD Enclave. 7 passenger. Quicksilver Metalic, Titanium interior, Entertainment Pkg 3, Luxury & Driver Conf. Pkgs and Heated & Cooled front seats. Delivered 8/22/09. Am told first 2009 in Tulsa.
43sbest

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 08:01:25 PM »

It still works.
Received my second letter today (my On Star expires on the 12th). Called the 800 number and told them I wanted the $148 deal and wanted to keep my 130 mins. They said no way so I said "no renewal"; transfered to a nice Canadian lady and in about 5 mins. it was a done deal.

08 CXL FWD - WDT, titianium, lux pkg, conv pkg, ent 3, 19 inch chrome, sunroofs, 8 pass. Love it!
Big Daddy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 09:31:11 PM »

My Onstar is not due for renewal until August of 2009.  Got an email today from OnStar offering me 100 minutes of talk time for $14.99 plus tax, fees....  Decided, why not?  Bottom line total cost $17.61. 
Will use what you all have posted next August to assist in reducing regular cost of Safe & Sound.  Thanks for keeping us up to date.  Who knows, might get another 100 minutes then for no cost!
BD

2009 CXL FWD Enclave. 7 passenger. Quicksilver Metalic, Titanium interior, Entertainment Pkg 3, Luxury & Driver Conf. Pkgs and Heated & Cooled front seats. Delivered 8/22/09. Am told first 2009 in Tulsa.
Kman63

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 10:12:59 AM »

It still works.
Received my second letter today (my On Star expires on the 12th). Called the 800 number and told them I wanted the $148 deal and wanted to keep my 130 mins. They said no way so I said "no renewal"; transfered to a nice Canadian lady and in about 5 mins. it was a done deal.
  Are you from Canada? My OnStar Safe and Sound renewal is due in a few months, just wondering if I could get that same deal of $148 instead of the $289 they ask here in Canada? Has anyone on this forum from Canada signed up for $148 a year for Safe and Sound?

Ordered Enclave CX in White Opal,with Ebony Leather interior,SUN Roof,18"Polished Aluminum Wheels.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories