Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
March 24, 2017, 11:54:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: See that little gray camera icon in a member's post? Click it to go directly to their Photo Gallery

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OnStar renewal  (Read 203890 times, 630 Replies)
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008, 12:49:44 AM »

Has anybody gotten a discount on renewal of the Directions and Connections plan? I use the GPS service once every month or two, so I would like to maintain continuous coverage for immediate convenience when needed. I like the up-to-date mapping information that OnStar provides versus the non-updatability of other GPS systems.

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
lewisr

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008, 09:00:52 AM »

Has anybody gotten a discount on renewal of the Directions and Connections plan? I use the GPS service once every month or two, so I would like to maintain continuous coverage for immediate convenience when needed. I like the up-to-date mapping information that OnStar provides versus the non-updatability of other GPS systems.

I have not seen any discounts other than the $100 per year as opposed to $9.99 per month. Sounds like you are aware of the immediate activation, where you can call and get activation immediately for 30 days for the $9.99, and then not renew until you need it again.
rocketman

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2008, 11:50:07 PM »

When I traded for the 09, I open the new OnStar Acct. and my old minutes were rolled over. I received another call stating that my minutes were going to expire soon and I could renew my subscription for a Sep 09 expiration. I had previously renewed. Today I received another call trying to sell me more minutes, but he didn't have a record of my minutes in front of him. After that encounter, I don't think I will be hearing from them again, however, I did call from the car to check my remaining minutes and I had 259 min that won't expire until Oct 09. I also received in the mail today a refund check for $18.94. I get so much BS from them, I don't even know what the refund is for but I don't think I will receive anymore calls for awhile either.

Sep 08 2008 Traded  Immaculate 08 Enclave WDT CXL AWD with 2180 mi, for a 2009 CXL, White Diamond, FWD, Cashmere Interior,Fully Loaded,  Rear Console, Cooled Seats,Ent #4 and 19" Chrome with Hit the Road Pkg.
2011 Buick Lacrosse CXS, fully Loaded with Sun Roof and Rear DVD's,WDT/Cashmere.
gmf101

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 09:11:10 AM »

I just got this email.

As your renewal date of 12/10/08 approaches, we want to remind you that your Directions & Connections Plan will be automatically renewed at $28.90. After this date, the credit card you've placed on file with us will be charged $30.63* per month. Please take a moment to review your OnStar billing statement below.

Can anyone tell me how to better this price please?  I don't want to let it lapse as I have a Verizon cell number married to OnStar.  Thanks

GMF

"Brown Bess" is a 2008 CXL FWD, cocoa/ cashmere seven passenger  w/ driver confidence package, 19 in. spoked chrome wheels, sunroof, towing package, rear cargo net, and shade.
lewisr

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 10:49:52 AM »

I just got this email.

As your renewal date of 12/10/08 approaches, we want to remind you that your Directions & Connections Plan will be automatically renewed at $28.90. After this date, the credit card you've placed on file with us will be charged $30.63* per month. Please take a moment to review your OnStar billing statement below.

Can anyone tell me how to better this price please?  I don't want to let it lapse as I have a Verizon cell number married to OnStar.  Thanks

GMF

I think you can get it for $249 if you pay for the whole year up front. try onstar.com
rpasetto
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 12:48:27 PM »

I just got this email.

GMF

Expecting this would happen, I removed my credit card info from my Onstar account.  Let 'em email or call and offer me a lower price.

.. RP
08 Enclave Cocoa/Cashmere, Sunroof, Nav, Driver Conf.
“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
― Stephen Hawking
JJDUNKLE

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2008, 05:01:42 PM »

I love this forum!  Just had to renew my onstar, and saw this post.  I called Onstar's 1-888 number from home, pressed the option for renewals and when the operator answered, told her I saw on the enclaveforum that I could get the $148.92 reduced rate for the safe and sound plan.  She said "no problem" and renewed my plan. No questions asked!  I would never have thought to ask otherwise!  Thanks again everyone!
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2008, 11:35:30 PM »

JJDUNKLE, that's great! I would like to get a better rate on the Directions and Connections plan, but I do not want to commit to an annual membership to get a lower rate until I am convinced of the solvency of GM and OnStar. I hope that there is some plan to insure GM survives the current fiscal crisis soon.

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
gmf101

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 02:27:23 PM »

Just renewed OnStar. Switched to the Safe & Sound for the $148.92 + tax rate.  Operator first stated that this rate was a "promotional rate mailed to select customers".  I mentioned the Forum and quoted enclavious' post and got the aforementioned rate.  Belonging to the forum just saved me $51.00. Way to go.

"Brown Bess" is a 2008 CXL FWD, cocoa/ cashmere seven passenger  w/ driver confidence package, 19 in. spoked chrome wheels, sunroof, towing package, rear cargo net, and shade.
cableguy
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 04:52:36 PM »

Just called to renew as my renewal date is January 4.  Wife has the Directions & Connections plan and would like to keep it even through she has the factory navigation.  Sometimes its easier just to make the call and let them do the rest based on circumstance.  They offered me the Safe & Sound Plan at $148.92 or the D&C Plan at $249 versus $299.  Saved $50 on the D&C and just got off the phone a happy camper Cheers

Thanks guys Cool

2010 Diamond White Tricoat Enclave CXL2 AWD loaded with NAV; DVD Entertainment; 20" Chrome Wheels; Sun Roof w/Rear Skylight; Luxury, Convenience, Hit the Road & Towing Packages plus 3M paint protection.  Tan Leather with Captain's Chairs in 2nd row.

"Old" Clave was an 08 CXL AWD Loaded w/34K mile
jbradfor

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2008, 01:12:24 PM »

WOOHOO!

Just renewed the D&C plan for $249.  Was no problem, just called, said I heard they were having this special, and they gave it to me.  Thanks for the information!

[They wouldn't roll over my minutes.  Since we pretty much never use that, not a big deal, we'll probably just drop it.]
docnlaw

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 02:29:05 PM »

Just renewed for directions and connections for $249 for 14 months (two months free) and rolled over minutes for no charge.

Cocoa AWD CXL,  cashmere, drivers conf, luxury, 19 inch chrome,
assist steps, Ent #4
Rodder77

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2008, 02:36:27 PM »

Also Renewed yesterday for the $77  thumbs up

2008 Enclave CXL, AWD, Ebony on Ebony, Sunroof (purch 9/08), Hidden Hitch, Cooper CS4's
docnlaw

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2008, 03:19:46 PM »

Rodder: $77 was for XM not Onstar Huh?

Cocoa AWD CXL,  cashmere, drivers conf, luxury, 19 inch chrome,
assist steps, Ent #4
Rodder77

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2008, 06:33:35 PM »

oops!  my apologies, sorry for the wrong post (my brain is fried)

2008 Enclave CXL, AWD, Ebony on Ebony, Sunroof (purch 9/08), Hidden Hitch, Cooper CS4's
Blakeintosh

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2009, 09:56:12 PM »

Just called Onstar and selected renewals.  Told the guy I wanted the promotion that I heard about on the Internet and described it to him.  He said he'd have to transfer me to another department.  After a couple minutes on hold, and woman came on and said that they would be happy to accommodate the request  I was able to renew the Safe & Sound plan on my 2003 Aurora for $149 for 14 months and 100 bonus handsfree minutes.  My Enclave doesn't expire until next November, but I'm curious about what kind of price I could get for the Directions & Connections package.  Anyone have better luck than $249 for Directions & Connections???
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 10:26:18 PM by Blakeintosh » Logged
cableguy
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2009, 07:38:31 AM »

D&C package is $249...wouldn't hope for any more.

2010 Diamond White Tricoat Enclave CXL2 AWD loaded with NAV; DVD Entertainment; 20" Chrome Wheels; Sun Roof w/Rear Skylight; Luxury, Convenience, Hit the Road & Towing Packages plus 3M paint protection.  Tan Leather with Captain's Chairs in 2nd row.

"Old" Clave was an 08 CXL AWD Loaded w/34K mile
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2009, 02:18:14 PM »

Has anybody renewed OnStar recently? I have been going month-to-month on the Directions and Connections plan for the last 3 months since I am a little concerned about OnStar's long-term financial stability, but if there is a better deal than the $249 annual renewal I would take the chance since I am currently paying at a monthly rate that adds up to about $350 annually.  Undecided

Tuckermech

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 09:57:35 AM »

I renewed my Safe & Sound today. After discussion with the person on the other end I made it clear that I would only renew if they gave me the $148.92 rate, rolled over my remaining minutes and gave me 100 additional minutes. She said she would have to talk to her Supervisoar. A few minutes later she came back and said OK. Total with tax was $152.++ my minutes would be rolled over and 100 minutes added. Great to have the Enclave Forum as that is where I first found that it was possible to get the reduced rate and extra minutes. Did not ask about Directions & Connections as I don't use it often enough to justify the cost even if it were for $100.00 a year.
Thanks,  Richard
SkiForLife

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 06:45:04 PM »

I renewed my Safe & Sound today. After discussion with the person on the other end I made it clear that I would only renew if they gave me the $148.92 rate, rolled over my remaining minutes and gave me 100 additional minutes. She said she would have to talk to her Supervisoar. A few minutes later she came back and said OK. Total with tax was $152.++ my minutes would be rolled over and 100 minutes added. Great to have the Enclave Forum as that is where I first found that it was possible to get the reduced rate and extra minutes. Did not ask about Directions & Connections as I don't use it often enough to justify the cost even if it were for $100.00 a year.
Thanks,  Richard

Thanks Tuckermech, I have a ways to go on my free first year (new 09 in December), however I will remember this tip in the fall.

2009 Enclave CXL AWD - Carbon Black - Ebony Int; w/ 19" Chrome Alum Wheels, 7 pass Bucket Seating w/o 2nd row console, Enter Pkg #3 (Nav, Bose, Bluetooth, 110VAC Outlet, Rear Audio Ctls),  Sunroof, Driver Conf Pkg, Lux Pkg, Trailer Package, Crossbars and Mld Mud Flaps.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories