Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
February 21, 2017, 01:50:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Enclave Sales Numbers:     Mar: 4,899      YTD Total: 14,445     All Time: 187,013   (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OnStar renewal  (Read 199861 times, 630 Replies)
cfedor
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: June 15, 2015, 06:52:54 PM »

designconcepts, Totally understand all that frustration! Good Luck, Keep us posted as to what you work out.

Oh and I am envious of your '08 "have yet to hit 26K on it and it is in pristine condition"!!!  Pristine condition..... BWAAAHHHAAAHHAA  It still sounds like yours JUST rolled off the assembly line. Smiley  My "Cherry-Ot" has 102,8** on it as I type this.

HIS: 2008 Enclave CXL AWD Red Jewel/Titanium Leather, Premium package 19" Chrome 7-spoke, AM/FM/CD/DVD/NAV 10 speaker Bose, LED upgrades inside and out.  124K Miles

HERS: 2009 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD Black/Tan Loaded. 93K Miles
desgnconcpts

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: June 17, 2015, 09:15:49 AM »

designconcepts, Totally understand all that frustration! Good Luck, Keep us posted as to what you work out.

Oh and I am envious of your '08 "have yet to hit 26K on it and it is in pristine condition"!!!  Pristine condition..... BWAAAHHHAAAHHAA  It still sounds like yours JUST rolled off the assembly line. Smiley  My "Cherry-Ot" has 102,8** on it as I type this.

cfedor, thanks, yes the Enclave still smells like new. Grin

It took forever for them to get back to me and I am having an internal debate about the value of OnStar for a vehicle that is driven on average a few times a month.  Don't want anyone to get too excited about the pricing because it is NOTHING to write home about.

As others have mentioned, they have re-shuffled the deck of services and what they are called.
Lowest level of "service" is Protection Plan.  "Regular" price is $199.90 for 12 mo, the "big" offer is $149 for 12 mo.
Next level is Security Plan. "Regular" price is $249.90 for 12 mo, the "big" offer is $189 for 12 mo.
The Guidance plan "Regular" price is $359.78 for 12 mo, I didn't bother to ask about this service level.  Between our Enclave having the Nav and our phones, I felt this was/is completely unnecessary.

Security Plan comes out to $15.75 mo, Protection Plan comes out to $12.42 mo.
Honestly, I don't know if either is worth it.

They have also changed the whole minutes thing for the phones.  Long time ago I had bought 100 minutes, then every renewal, they would add 100 as a bonus.  I have over 400 minutes but they don't shift the expiration date to coincide with the OnStar renewal date -- and it used to be you could call up and have them simply extend/change the date when the minutes were going to expire.

Apparently they "can't" do this any longer!  Of course, they can't do it unless you BUY another 100 minutes for $40.
And with our family phone plan I have UNLIMITED minutes, so seriously, why would I want to spend another $40 to simply extend the phone time?Huh?

OnStar has made their services an incredibly expensive luxury IMO -- either of the Protection Plan and Security Plan are crazy expensive.  IMO, if you can get this "security blanket" for less than $10 month, at least the way in which I think about it, it is inexpensive and a no-brainer.  When you get beyond this cost per month, you've got to be doing something/giving me something more in terms of service(s) that would make me want to keep this.

A HUGE FAIL from this customer's point-of-view.
OnStar, if you are reading this, you need to do a better job of hiring your consultants to do research.  A quantitative study won't get it done -- you need to do some in-depth Qualitative research to dig down and understand your customers better because you have really missed the mark with your re-branding/re-naming and re-pricing of what you offer. Lame

2008 Enclave CXL FWD (08-08-2007 build date): Blue Gold Crystal/Ebony: Driver Conf, Lux Pkg, Towing, Ent#4, Sunroofs, Cargo Net/Shade, 19" Chromed Wheels
ls973800
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: June 17, 2015, 03:54:28 PM »

I was able to renew Onstar at $149.90 for 12 months for the Protection level (formerly Safe and Sound). I do like the extra layer of security and I also really like the RemoteLink App for remote starting and unlocking of my vehicle (from anywhere in the world). Unfortunately, the RemoteLink App requires an active Onstar connection to function. Good luck! Only took 30 minutes of my life to do this! Also, ask for a free notification 90 days prior to the expiration of your plan and I was told I could renew the promotional rate at that time. Full disclosure: I have 2 vehicles with Onstar, so I had a bit more leverage. Good luck, fellow Enclavers!

That actually depends on the year model you have.  My 2015 came with 5 years free Remote Link App which allows locking, unlocking, and remote start.  I can not send directions to the car or have any of the other services such as tire pressure, car locator, etc unless I subscribe to an OnStar Plan.

Reading the OnStar plans, I found that the 2016 models are going to allow directions to be sent to the car without a paid plan along with the other app services of locking, unlocking, and remote start.

2010 Summit White Traverse LTZ,  SOLD 4/2012 
2015 Traverse 2LT Siren Red Tintcoat-36 Month Lease
cfedor
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: June 17, 2015, 08:11:49 PM »

desgnconcpts, Yeah, I hear you. C.S. is like out the window with OnStar. At least XMSirius works with people on pricing. I can handle the $5.00/mo for 6 months. But, not the price I have been quoted for OnStar.

HIS: 2008 Enclave CXL AWD Red Jewel/Titanium Leather, Premium package 19" Chrome 7-spoke, AM/FM/CD/DVD/NAV 10 speaker Bose, LED upgrades inside and out.  124K Miles

ls973800
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: June 22, 2015, 03:49:47 PM »

Got an email today from OnStar services offering me the Protection Plan for 35% off for 6 months.  The terms would be $12.99 a month plus taxes, and the cost would increase to the regular price after the 6 month period.  I think they are using the same program that Sirius/XM uses to get you in at low cost and hope you forget to cancel when the period is up.  Only thing is, $12.99 a month is NOT low cost in my opinion.

The Protection Plan offers

1)  24/7 Roadside Assistance

Sorry, I already have that with the 36/36 Bumper to Bumper Warranty and also under the 5 year 100000 mile power train warranty.  So this benefit is worthless for me or anyone else still under the power train warranty

2)24/7 Specially trained advisors

I have access to a phone number which gives me business search address's, POI's, weather, movie times, gasoline prices, turn by turn directions, and many more items to choose from.  It is associated with a free account that came with my other vehicle.  The services are good for 3 years, then  I can renewal for $60.00 a year after the 3 years of free service are up.  I also have 57 remaining free calls to a live operator for any thing I need within those 3 years.  Each year of renewal comes with 20 additional free service calls, and they accumulate.

3) Auto crash notification

Although the services I mentioned above also include "911" notification IF I am in a crash and I have my cell phone in the car, I can not carry that service over into the Traverse because of how the other car and cell phone integrate to provide the call in case of an accident.  So this would be the one and only service I would get by buying a Protection Plan from OnStar.  I will take my chances and hope that if an accident does happen, it is seen by others if I am unconscious or unable to use a phone.  I guess it does happen, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

What is NOT included from what I read in the email is down-loadable directions to the navigation, search for POI's, stolen vehicle assistance and/or recovery assistance, and being able to book hotels.  These services show to be available only with the higher cost plans.

I know there are those who depend on OnStar for some of the features, or just for the feeling of safety for them or a loved one.  I just don't think the cost of the service is worth it for me.  If the prices were brought down to a much more reasonable price then I would consider a plan. 

2010 Summit White Traverse LTZ,  SOLD 4/2012 
2015 Traverse 2LT Siren Red Tintcoat-36 Month Lease
cfedor
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: June 22, 2015, 07:43:33 PM »

$12.99 a month is NOT low cost in my opinion. Not in my checkbook either hilarious2
And I have caught onto the XM pricewar game. And always get the $5.00/mo plan or I leave....

kenthurgood

2008 CXL AWD Red Jewel/Titanium Leather; Ent. Pkg

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: June 23, 2015, 10:02:05 AM »

cfedor,

I just bought the OnStar one year renewal with the upgrade ( software flash ).

I guess I should have inquired more as my first year is $265 ... ouch!

I thought with the upgrade that I may be able to use the iPhone intellilink app.

Apparently, I was wrong

Still only available with the 2010 model year and up.

Bummer  Sad

If OnStar will not cut the annual rate nearly in half next year ... I am gone.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 02:29:50 PM by kenthurgood » Logged
cfedor
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: June 23, 2015, 01:19:46 PM »

cfedor,

I just bought the OnStar year renewal with the uograde ( software flash ).

I guess I should have inquired more as my first year is $265 ... ouch!

I thought with the upgrade that I may be able to use the iPhone intellilink app.

Apparently, I was wrong

Still mainly available with the 2010 model year and up.

Bummer b Sad

If OnStar will not cut the annual rate nearly in half next year ... I am gone.
Yeah, I learned that the hard way too. I should have kept looking for a newer E. But. I am happy with my '08 none the less.

kenthurgood

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: June 23, 2015, 02:32:15 PM »

I have found some really nice 2013's.

Red with grey or cocao interior.

I love my grey interior, but the dark browns really make the interior look rich.

Girlfriend still says no to a new one  so sad

GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #609 on: June 23, 2015, 02:48:16 PM »

I have found some really nice 2013's.

Red with grey or cocao interior.

I love my grey interior, but the dark browns really make the interior look rich.

Girlfriend still says no to a new one  so sad

Go for it. You said "girlfriend", not "wife". wink

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
dzs3fz

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: July 02, 2015, 04:38:36 PM »

I received an email for 6 month renewal at $12.99/month. Has anyone gotten a better deal?

08 cxl-awd  7 seat WDT, titanium interior, nav, bose radio, sunroof, towing pkg, 19" chrome wheels
JerseyDevil
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: July 02, 2015, 06:13:26 PM »

I received an email for 6 month renewal at $12.99/month. Has anyone gotten a better deal?

12 months for $12.49

2010 CXL Silver Green No Sun Roof, No NAV
kenthurgood

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: July 02, 2015, 06:23:29 PM »

GoldEnclave

I like the way you think  Grin
dzs3fz

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: July 02, 2015, 08:18:47 PM »

12 months for $12.49
Recent?

08 cxl-awd  7 seat WDT, titanium interior, nav, bose radio, sunroof, towing pkg, 19" chrome wheels
DAK60

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: September 02, 2015, 10:24:23 AM »

Renewed for 12.49 per month for a year. Had to say I wanted to cancel service to get this price.

2015 Enclave Leather AWD
Trailering Package, NAV
Molded Assist Steps
Tim

Ignore
« Reply #615 on: September 10, 2015, 11:39:21 AM »

I just renewed my Mom's Onstar subscription via the Customer Loyalty Department (877.616.0577) for $149.90 for the year for the Protection Plan.

She's 86 so it's gives me peace of mind.

P.S. I now see I could have renewed online for the same price.

2008 Saturn Outlook XR FWD
cfedor
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: September 10, 2015, 10:46:11 PM »

I still can't justify that amount out of my pocket..... Am tempted to call them and ask for another trial though...

HeatherA

2016 Ebony Twilight Convenience

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: February 26, 2016, 08:35:51 PM »

I want to keep Onstar at the end of my trial period, but for the cheapest amount I can find. If I work one of the deals I read about, do I still retain the ability to send directions to my car via the Onstar App? I do not have a Nav, I tend to use Waze or Navigon when traveling but like the ability to just shoot an address to the car. Is it a must to have the Guidance package to do this? I don't see many deals on the Guidance Package out on the interwebs.

For some reason I can not wrap my head around the value of paying for the Guidance package (and truthfully I'm shocked Onstar is still so expensive. I've been away for 6 years and hoped the prices were more reasonable by now.)

-Heather
mifronte

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: April 16, 2016, 12:57:14 AM »

Just activated OnStar for the first time on my 2011.  I received an email from my Buick dealer informing me of a 3 year free promotion for the basic plan.  I believe this is the same plan as the standard 5 year that is included in all 2014 and up vehicle purchase.

The basic plan is not listed on the OnStar web site, but at least it includes the Remote Link app to provide the key fob features by a smartphone.  This is basically all I need from OnStar.  Now I am ready for the next time I lock my key in the car.

I once tried to activate OnStar within the first six months of ownership to remotely unlock my vehicle when I locked myself out during an out of state road trip and the spare key was still back at home 5 thousands miles away.  On the phone, the OnStar representative was very helpful until the point where I was asked to push the Blue button to complete the activation  facepalm
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:03:16 AM by mifronte » Logged

2011 Enclave AWD CXL-2, Carbon Black/Titanium, Towing, 20" Chrome Wheels, Sportwing Body Side Molding (removed summer 2014), 3M 18" Clear-bra Paint Film, 3M Color Stable 35 Window Tint (front side windows)
Bayner66

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: April 16, 2016, 12:42:03 PM »

I received an email from my Buick dealer informing me of a 3 year free promotion for the basic plan.

I got the same 3 yr offer for the basic plan from my Buick/GMC dealer. Wondered why, then read further down the page where I notices that part of the offer included the dealer getting copies of the monthly diagnostic reports on my Acadia so they can email me about servicing my vehicle.

Still haven't decided if I will sign up or not. The only useful feature is remote door unlocking and I tend not to have a problem of locking myself out.

Bayner66
writing from the Lone Star State
2014 Acadia SLT2 FWD summit white, tow pkg
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories