Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
April 24, 2014, 09:06:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Enclave Sales Numbers:     Mar: 4,899      YTD Total: 14,445     All Time: 187,013   (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Onstar Directions and Connections renewal rate promo  (Read 3340 times, 11 Replies)
Enclavious

Ignore
« on: September 03, 2008, 02:22:40 PM »

Anyone have a discount code or reduced price offer?  My renewal rate is $28.90/mth.  Hoping to find a discount option.
firebird

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 03:12:32 PM »

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=3355.0

2008 CXL FWD Sunroof 19" chrome wheels Platinum/Titanium
Enclavious

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 03:19:56 PM »

I read that thread before but it seemed to only answer the safe and sound promo.  I saved a lot with the XM promo so hopefully one will show up soon.
scobre

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 10:56:43 PM »

When I looked online it said (in Canada only?) $24.95.
I have 78 minutes left of phone time and they want me to purchase another 100 minutes for $60. I said that as I'd only used about 30-40 minutes all year why would I want more minutes and they informed me that minutes do NOT ROLL OVER to new contract but expire after one year whether used or not! I was furious and may cancel my OnStar.
The Directions program stinks. Directions come too late to make the turns.

Do you turn on your car - Or does it turn you on?

B.U.I.C.K.:  Bold Understated Intelligent Car Kick-ass
ENCLAVE: BIG BOLD BEAUTIFUL BEAST
scobre

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 10:57:33 PM »

I saved a lot with the XM promo so hopefully one will show up soon.

They offer promotions for XM??? I've never been offered anything.

Do you turn on your car - Or does it turn you on?

B.U.I.C.K.:  Bold Understated Intelligent Car Kick-ass
ENCLAVE: BIG BOLD BEAUTIFUL BEAST
C Traz

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 11:31:17 PM »

I received an extra 100 minutes for $17.95 and was told they do rollover if you renew before the expiration date.

CT

2009 CXL AWD Enclave Silver Green Metallic / Ebony Interior: Navigation Entertainment #4, Sunroof, 2nd Row Console, Heated and Cooled Seats, Driver Confidence Package, Luxury Package, 2-Way Advanced Remote, Cargo Package, Molded Splash Guards, 19" Chromes, Clear Bra
C Traz

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 11:49:53 PM »

Ooops,  Just checked.  The 100 minutes cost me $14.95.

CT

2009 CXL AWD Enclave Silver Green Metallic / Ebony Interior: Navigation Entertainment #4, Sunroof, 2nd Row Console, Heated and Cooled Seats, Driver Confidence Package, Luxury Package, 2-Way Advanced Remote, Cargo Package, Molded Splash Guards, 19" Chromes, Clear Bra
colin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 08:16:20 AM »

When I looked online it said (in Canada only?) $24.95.
I have 78 minutes left of phone time and they want me to purchase another 100 minutes for $60. I said that as I'd only used about 30-40 minutes all year why would I want more minutes and they informed me that minutes do NOT ROLL OVER to new contract but expire after one year whether used or not! I was furious and may cancel my OnStar.
The Directions program stinks. Directions come too late to make the turns.

Here's the interesting thing though - when you buy more minutes at your 1 year anniversary, any unused minutes will roll-over.  Ours did.

As for the direction program - I haven't had any problems with the timing of any turns.  The system always prompts me that I will need to turn soon and that usually allows me to get in the correct lane and whatnot.  Then, at the timing of the turn the system will beep to indicate that I should now be turning.  Perhaps there is a problem with your system?

My biggest beef lately has been the reliability of the system.  Again this past weekend the TBT directions left me miles away from my actual destination.  And, it took me 3 calls to Onstar to even get the directions.  The first advisor found the directions, and instead of ending the call and routing the directions, she placed the call on hold and did not return.  I hung up and called back.  The second time the advisor told me that his computer froze and he asked me to call back.  The third caller couldn't find the address and sent me close to the location.  Well, it still took me about 20 minutes of driving to find the place.

I don't know what databases they use, but the databases don't appear to be very reliable.  I always find my location using yahoo maps before I leave, yet this is the 4th time in the past several months that Onstar has screwed up my location.
Jimbobwae

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 09:17:12 AM »

They offer promotions for XM??? I've never been offered anything.

As for my XM experience (regular add-on radio, not in an Enclave) went like this.  I called up to cancel because I just wasn't using it much anymore, and I was quite miffed at the plethora of commercials on this pay-radio.  I was offered something like 2 or 3 months for free if I'd reconsider.  I just told her I'd forget to call again if I didn't still want it and she did the cancellation.  It's always worth calling and asking a person what they can do, most companies give thier reps leeway to negotiate.
lewisr

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 01:13:27 PM »

Here's the interesting thing though - when you buy more minutes at your 1 year anniversary, any unused minutes will roll-over.  Ours did.

As for the direction program - I haven't had any problems with the timing of any turns.  The system always prompts me that I will need to turn soon and that usually allows me to get in the correct lane and whatnot.  Then, at the timing of the turn the system will beep to indicate that I should now be turning.  Perhaps there is a problem with your system?

My biggest beef lately has been the reliability of the system.  Again this past weekend the TBT directions left me miles away from my actual destination.  And, it took me 3 calls to Onstar to even get the directions.  The first advisor found the directions, and instead of ending the call and routing the directions, she placed the call on hold and did not return.  I hung up and called back.  The second time the advisor told me that his computer froze and he asked me to call back.  The third caller couldn't find the address and sent me close to the location.  Well, it still took me about 20 minutes of driving to find the place.

I don't know what databases they use, but the databases don't appear to be very reliable.  I always find my location using yahoo maps before I leave, yet this is the 4th time in the past several months that Onstar has screwed up my location.

Doesn't the MapQuest download work for Canada?
Enclavious

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 01:54:54 PM »

Scobre,  There was a $77/yr rate with the promo code Zwienback.  This thread has some info the may benefit you:
http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=822.0
firebird

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 05:18:33 PM »

There really isn't any consistency in their reply's to inquiry's to renew. I signed up for Safe & Sound & told them I would only if I could get the discounted rate of $149/yr. They said no problem. I then told them I wanted my call minutes to roll over, 75, and once again that was no problem. Some do, some don't....what a crock!! 

2008 CXL FWD Sunroof 19" chrome wheels Platinum/Titanium
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories