Enclaveforum.net Bookmark and Share
May 29, 2017, 09:22:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Poll
Question: The Cascada is now on the market. Will it be a success?
yes - 3 (21.4%)
no - 10 (71.4%)
it has potential, but needs improvement - 1 (7.1%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buick Cascada, success or failure?  (Read 2375 times, 17 Replies)
MRBUICK
#1 BUICK FANATIC / ENCLAVE GOD
Global Moderator
Enclave GOD!

Location: "GLOBAL MODERATOR" "Resident Buick Cheerleader" and proud of it! from NJ

« on: February 07, 2016, 09:59:13 AM »

The Buick Cascada has met with mixed reviews. Even though it does not have any real competition in it's price range, will the uninspired styling, lack of color choices, and lack of real luxury cause it's demise?

MRBUICK/MODERATOR
08 Enclave CXL(Red Jewel)
05 Lesabre Limited Celebration Edition(Crimson Pearl)
92 Mercedes 500SL(Signal Red)
90 Cadillac Brougham d'Elegance(Black)
76 Cadillac Sedan deVille(Firethorn)
72 Chevrolet Monte Carlo(Black)
11 Ford Focus SEL(Black)
RIP 85/95 PARK AVES & 06LUCERNE
rockyp
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 10:41:44 AM »

Here's a link...

http://www.buick.com/cascada-luxury-convertible.html

2008 Cocoa CXL AWD, Nav, Rear Ent - Owned 72 months, 135,900 miles. Traded 9 days short of 6 years of ownership for new Subaru Outback.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would've put them on my knees.
Sailfish
Enclave GOD!

Volunteer with Sheltie rescue organizations

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 11:16:09 AM »

I just did a search on available Cascada's within a 40 mile radius.  There are 3 and all three are exactly the same, carbon black, price tag $37,385....

15 Infiniti Q50 Graphite Shadow AWD purchase 6/1/15 - Husbands
11 Enclave CXL2 WDT FWD 20" Wheels build 11/10 purchase 2/22/11 - Mine
03 Saturn VUE V6 AWD - donated to St Vincent de Paul 6/4/2015

Albert Einstein - "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 11:30:10 AM »

Other than a lack of competition, the Cascada really has nothing going for it. It's a bland, uninspired, and half-baked new model. I vote that it will be a flop.  thumbdown

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 06:24:02 PM »

If the 2016 Buick Avista concept car makes it to production, the Cascada won't be around too long.

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
rexster

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 09:34:28 PM »

I actually saw one of these on the tollway the other day. Top was up and it reminded me of a turtle

Rex
09 Red Jewel CXL Enclave Traded for KR Ford Expedition May 27, 2012
My other car is 2006 Cadillac XLR
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 10:16:32 AM »

popcorn

wvuguy
Enclave Guru

Let's go Mountaineers/Pens Here we go Steelers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 11:17:49 AM »

Not long after Cascada was released, I read that Buick viewed is as some manner of "halo" vehicle for the line.  I also read an independent review which opined Buick's top customer for the platform might end up being rental car fleets.....putting them into hands (obviously, in warm weather climates) of potential buyers who otherwise might not consider a Buick.

I have no clue as to the legitimacy of that take, but always though it had some fundamental basic logic.  Anyway, like most, I've seen virtually none on the street;  hardly surprising in Ohio.  But, I just returned from a week in the Tampa/Sarasota area.....which you'd think might be a target market for Cascada.....and I didn't see even one.  

I realize Cascada is, by every definition, a niche vehicle;  and was therefore never destined as even remotely approaching a volume leader.  But from the get-go, it always struck me personally as an answer to a question nobody was asking of Buick.

'09 CXL FWD (invoiced 9/4/08, delivered 12/18/08) replaced by a 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited on 3/16/12.  Added a Nissan Altima 2.5 SV on 3/2/16, a 2009 Buick Lucerne CXL on 4/21/15, and a 2002 Honda Accord SE on 5/22/14.
rexster

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 10:41:56 AM »

The Cascada is really an ugly little vehicle. The looks just aren't there, and the little 1.8 turbo engine has trouble hauling the 2 ton vehicle around, so no sporty driving. The cars it was apparently designed to compete with totally outclass it for around the same money.
Now some people might condemn me since, if you look at my sig, for having a Cadillac XLR. Since they only had a 6 year run. But more than likely, the little Cascada will have a shorter run. But my Caddy weighs less, has more horsepower and looks light years better than the newer Buick. Yes, it cost more when new (almost double) but I certainly didn't buy it new. I've not seen another one on the road in the Houston area since I saw the one I mentioned in a previous post better than a year ago.

Rex
09 Red Jewel CXL Enclave Traded for KR Ford Expedition May 27, 2012
My other car is 2006 Cadillac XLR
vic1212
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 09:21:53 AM »

I think it will be a niche as someone said before Buick is the new Saab
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 08:49:55 PM »

I think it will be a niche as someone said before Buick is the new Saab

That's a good analogy of Saab and Buick.

GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 09:57:29 PM »

I saw a Cascada (I think for the first time) a few days ago, and I have to say that it looked a lot better than I'd expected. I saw it from behind,  with its top down. It looked good, at least from that view.

JerseyDevil
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 12:37:07 AM »

I saw a Cascada (I think for the first time) a few days ago, and I have to say that it looked a lot better than I'd expected. I saw it from behind,  with its top down. It looked good, at least from that view.

So do foxy women LOL

2010 CXL Silver Green No Sun Roof, No NAV
wvuguy
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 09:24:19 AM »

Female rear ends aside, I myself feel its rear quarter view happens to be its best.  IMO, the car doesn't have very good visual proportions;  specifically I've never been a fan of that forward-biased "hunched down" look (meaning low front high back) GM stylists seemingly have embraced all the way back to Aztek.

'09 CXL FWD (invoiced 9/4/08, delivered 12/18/08) replaced by a 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited on 3/16/12.  Added a Nissan Altima 2.5 SV on 3/2/16, a 2009 Buick Lucerne CXL on 4/21/15, and a 2002 Honda Accord SE on 5/22/14.
ENCLAVEDUDE

2008 CXL FWD

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 09:46:25 AM »

My wife owns a CASCADA and SHE LOVES IT!!!  I usually agree with most statements on this forum, however viewing some of the postings above, I totally disagree.  The Cascada has been on the road in Europe for several years as an OPEL, and done quite well. It is build in Poland and has many European touches that american cars don't have.   Buick re branded it and sells it in the US as the CASCADA.  Having driven a Mazda Miata for several years - she wanted something more modern with better interior and exterior styling.  She got it with the CASCADA.  Hers is light blue with a tan interior - and it's just beautiful. The ride is comfortable but firm.  The folding top is excellent.  The electronics are good.  Trunk room is adequate for a car this size.  The rear seats fold down for more storage if needed. Folding the front seats forward for entry to the rear seat - the seat automatically  moves forward for easier entry.  Starting the car, the seat belt assembly moves forward for easy access the the seat belt.  Engine has plenty of power for casual drivers, gas mileage is good.  When parked in a parking lot with the top down, many folks stop buy to browse as it's an attention getter.   

Buick has not done a good job marketing this vehicle, and as stated - you don't see many.  So sad - like they don't have confidence in their own product. BUMMER!       

2008 CXL FWD
rockyp
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 10:30:16 AM »

So do foxy women LOL

Happy Happy Happy Happy Cheers

2008 Cocoa CXL AWD, Nav, Rear Ent - Owned 72 months, 135,900 miles. Traded 9 days short of 6 years of ownership for new Subaru Outback.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would've put them on my knees.
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 12:38:07 PM »

My wife owns a CASCADA and SHE LOVES IT!!!  I usually agree with most statements on this forum, however viewing some of the postings above, I totally disagree.  The Cascada has been on the road in Europe for several years as an OPEL, and done quite well. It is build in Poland and has many European touches that american cars don't have.   Buick re branded it and sells it in the US as the CASCADA.  Having driven a Mazda Miata for several years - she wanted something more modern with better interior and exterior styling.  She got it with the CASCADA.  Hers is light blue with a tan interior - and it's just beautiful. The ride is comfortable but firm.  The folding top is excellent.  The electronics are good.  Trunk room is adequate for a car this size.  The rear seats fold down for more storage if needed. Folding the front seats forward for entry to the rear seat - the seat automatically  moves forward for easier entry.  Starting the car, the seat belt assembly moves forward for easy access the the seat belt.  Engine has plenty of power for casual drivers, gas mileage is good.  When parked in a parking lot with the top down, many folks stop buy to browse as it's an attention getter.   

Buick has not done a good job marketing this vehicle, and as stated - you don't see many.  So sad - like they don't have confidence in their own product. BUMMER!       

I'm glad to read a good review of the Cascada. The one I saw was also light blue. I couldn't see the interior, but now I'm curious.

wvuguy
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 04:57:39 PM »

My wife owns a CASCADA and SHE LOVES IT!!!  I usually agree with most statements on this forum, however viewing some of the postings above, I totally disagree.  The Cascada has been on the road in Europe for several years as an OPEL, and done quite well. It is build in Poland and has many European touches that american cars don't have.   Buick re branded it and sells it in the US as the CASCADA.  Having driven a Mazda Miata for several years - she wanted something more modern with better interior and exterior styling.  She got it with the CASCADA.  Hers is light blue with a tan interior - and it's just beautiful. The ride is comfortable but firm.  The folding top is excellent.  The electronics are good.  Trunk room is adequate for a car this size.  The rear seats fold down for more storage if needed. Folding the front seats forward for entry to the rear seat - the seat automatically  moves forward for easier entry.  Starting the car, the seat belt assembly moves forward for easy access the the seat belt.  Engine has plenty of power for casual drivers, gas mileage is good.  When parked in a parking lot with the top down, many folks stop buy to browse as it's an attention getter.    

Buick has not done a good job marketing this vehicle, and as stated - you don't see many.  So sad - like they don't have confidence in their own product. BUMMER!        

How have you guys adjusted to that button-choked center on the lower IP stack ??  

That IP was lifted from the current gen Regal (well, Insignia) prior to the refresh several years back which cleaned up that jumble quite nicely, not unlike what Buick did to the revised mid-cycle LaCrosse around the same time.  Is that bank of buttons confusing to use;  or is it one of those things where you actually use very few of them...and you eventually (and instinctively) learn where those are located...while the remaining buttons become invisible/irrelevant ??

Meanwhile, Cascada remains a niche vehicle;  said another way, Buick is spending essentially nothing on its marketing  But, as you point out, it actually has a fairly nice feature set.....and is virtually assured to remain a very unique vehicle.  Meanwhile, congratulations on a vehicle which appears to meet your needs very nicely, and I enjoyed reading your assessment of the car.

Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories