Enclaveforum.net Bookmark and Share
April 28, 2017, 01:55:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for something smaller than the Enclave? Check out the all new Cadillac SRX at http://www.SRXForum.net

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stereo Shorting Out Speakers Thumping  (Read 3850 times, 8 Replies)
karassuv

Ignore
« on: February 27, 2016, 11:25:51 AM »

2008 Enclave with Nav and Bose Premium Sound System for some reason the speakers have started thumping like bass. It does this when the stereo is on and off.  This morning we have figured out you can make the speakers thump with the turn signal.  But they do this randomnly and daily.  Took it to the dealer evidentally the door speaker on the driver shorts out and causes similar problems so we replaced that and it did not work.  Has anyone else had this problem?

If you push the back sliding console and turn rear speakers on or off it is worse.
Calp2013

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 10:17:09 AM »

I have a 2013 Enclave. I have complained since I had the car new about radio issues. I would get static, zapping sounds in the car. Radio would go off, data on screen would be scrambled. Of course, didn't happen at the dealer so could never get resolved. Yesterday, the radio froze, came on then heard large pop sound and the radio and console went off. The left turn signal is blinking intermittently and making either the zap sound or the pop sound. The back up camera goes off and on and the warning triangles do not show up. I'm waiting for the dealer to call back to take in for repair. Anyone had this issue? I've reached my end with this car now.
Buick Customer Service
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 11:41:00 AM »

Hi Calp2013,

Im sorry to hear that youre experiencing these concerns with the infotainment system in your Enclave and I apologize if this situation has caused any inconveniences. Was your dealership able to offer an official diagnosis or any potential next steps for repair? If youd like, we can certainly reach out to them on your behalf to gather more information and provide an additional layer of assistance throughout this process. If youd like us to proceed with this, please send us a private message with the name of your dealer, VIN, mileage and contact information. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best,

Ashley R.
Buick Customer Care

I have a 2013 Enclave. I have complained since I had the car new about radio issues. I would get static, zapping sounds in the car. Radio would go off, data on screen would be scrambled. Of course, didn't happen at the dealer so could never get resolved. Yesterday, the radio froze, came on then heard large pop sound and the radio and console went off. The left turn signal is blinking intermittently and making either the zap sound or the pop sound. The back up camera goes off and on and the warning triangles do not show up. I'm waiting for the dealer to call back to take in for repair. Anyone had this issue? I've reached my end with this car now.

Have you checked into Buick Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.buick.com!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
Calp2013

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 10:39:13 AM »

Thanks for your response. The dealer is replacing the radio, I'll let you know how it turns out. But I have to say that I am so frustrated over this issue I am ready to get rid of this car. I have fought this battle for so long and got no where. Even when it died as it did, the dealership wasn't ready to admit the unit was defective for 2 1/2 hours of my wait in the dealership. As info, I also contacted Buick customer service on the issue in December 2014 and the only result was putting it back to the dealership to go over the same things with no results.
Buick Customer Service
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 02:36:06 PM »

Thanks for your response. The dealer is replacing the radio, I'll let you know how it turns out. But I have to say that I am so frustrated over this issue I am ready to get rid of this car. I have fought this battle for so long and got no where. Even when it died as it did, the dealership wasn't ready to admit the unit was defective for 2 1/2 hours of my wait in the dealership. As info, I also contacted Buick customer service on the issue in December 2014 and the only result was putting it back to the dealership to go over the same things with no results.

Hi Calp2013,

We truly regret to hear that this experience has made you turn away from our products. However, we are glad to know that the dealership is working with you towards a resolution for these concerns with your Enclave. Please keep us updated and feel free to send us a private message if we can be of further assistance.

Kindly,

Samantha N
Buick Customer Care

Have you checked into Buick Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.buick.com!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
Calp2013

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 10:35:25 AM »

The radio was replaced and so far so good. I did have to go back to get the Bluetooth reconnected though. I'll update if anything changes.
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 01:04:30 PM »

Good luck, and keep us updated.

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
Godthemix

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 07:21:34 AM »

I think it must have something more interesting than this.
Calp2013

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 03:40:48 PM »

I wanted to give an update on my radio issue after the replacement. Periodically I have heard small sounds, similar to the static like sounds I heard before the radio actually died on me. But last Friday, another large sound of static came thru the car. It sounded like the car was being zapped. I'll mention it to the dealer but unless they hear it or the radio dies again, I'm sure they won't pursue it. I also lose signal a lot on the XM radio. I don't know if connected or not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories