Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
October 31, 2014, 05:43:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Enclave Sales Numbers:     Mar: 4,899      YTD Total: 14,445     All Time: 187,013   (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Enclave vs Traverse  (Read 8047 times, 3 Replies)
WDT09

Ignore
« on: October 18, 2008, 06:25:33 PM »

My wife and I have been considering the Enclave for about 4 months but wanted to wait for the Traverse to hit the dealerships to test drive.  We both thought it was going to be a hard decision.  Wrong!  There is no comparison.  We suspected the Enclave was going to be a little nicer than the Traverse but we were surprised at how much nicer the Enclave was.  The Traverse was very noisy and bumpy.  Even on the highway the suspension was bumpy and the tires were very noisy.  There is no comparison on the interior either.  The leather in the Enclave is more supple.  All of the interior trim is cushioned in the Enclave, including the dashboard.  The interior of the Traverse was all hard plastic and the leather was hard and had a cheap plastic feel. 

My wife usually doesn't have strong feelings when it comes to vehicles but she agreed that the Enclave's ride far surpassed that of the Traverse.  In our opinion, the Traverse would have to be about $8,000.00 less than the Enclave for us to consider it over the Enclave.  I would say that the Enclave is much better looking than the Traverse but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the Traverse isn't really that bad looking (except for that rear-end Oh No).

We shopped and tried to strike deals on both vehicles.  We wound up with the Enclave for just $3500 more than we would have paid for the Traverse.  That $3500 got us a allot more luxury and comfort and in our opinion, much better looks!

If you're considering either of these vehicles, you should definitely test drive both of them before you decide.  The difference will blow you away!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 08:35:51 AM by WDT09 » Logged
gmf101

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 12:15:34 PM »

One reason i went with the Enclave over the Acadia was the extra year warranty.  I don't know if the 09 warranties are the same as the 08s.  Good luck with your Enclave.

"Brown Bess" is a 2008 CXL FWD, cocoa/ cashmere seven passenger  w/ driver confidence package, 19 in. spoked chrome wheels, sunroof, towing package, rear cargo net, and shade.
WDT09

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 06:01:15 PM »

Yes, the warranty is still 4 yrs / 50,000 mi bumper to bumper on the 09's.  That was one of the selling features for us as well.  The service we got from GMC/Buick was much more professional than Chevy also.  I've been a faithful Chevy customer for over 20 years but it's a "no-brainer" to me when it comes to choosing between the Traverse and Enclave.  Enclave is definitely the better deal.  We drove the Acadia also but it had too much of a "safari" or "offroad" look for our taste and it wasn't as smooth and quiet as the Enclave.  We didn't bother driving the Outlook because it didn't appeal to us at all. 
Big Daddy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 06:38:29 PM »

The wife and I had no problem choosing between the Enclave and Traverse based primarily on the early information available on the Traverse.  Now they are here we are even more satisfied with our choice. 
I am a Chevy man going back to an Impala in the 50s, my first Burb in the 60s, followed by a crew cab in 74 to haul Trail Bikes and a 97 Burb which was my pride and joy until I saw the Enclave in early 08.  I just had to wait for the 09 to fully satisfy my personal desires!
We have been fortunate to be able to have two vehicles during most of the time due to business needs and personal convenience.
But as in all things, to each his own!
BD

2009 CXL FWD Enclave. 7 passenger. Quicksilver Metalic, Titanium interior, Entertainment Pkg 3, Luxury & Driver Conf. Pkgs and Heated & Cooled front seats. Delivered 8/22/09. Am told first 2009 in Tulsa.
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories