Enclaveforum.net Bookmark and Share
May 25, 2017, 06:02:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 Enclave  (Read 3677 times, 12 Replies)
drinkglory

Ignore
« on: October 08, 2016, 04:02:52 PM »

Hi Everyone I just got a Enclave with a ton of miles 190,000 plus with a rebuilt engine. There is some things I am not sure about like the transmission with the thumb paddles they do not seem to shift the car. Can this be turned off? Is there a diagram with what the buttons for the steering wheel do? Thanks for reading it this it is a AWD CXL. I am a amazed how well this big car handles the corners. Is that the Awd?
rockyp
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 04:41:01 PM »

Did you not get the owners manual with the car? Here it is...

https://www.buick.com/content/dam/Buick/north_america/usa/nscwebsite/en/home/owners/vehicle_manuals/2008/02_pdf/2008-Enclave-Owner-Manual.pdf

2008 Cocoa CXL AWD, Nav, Rear Ent - Owned 72 months, 135,900 miles. Traded 9 days short of 6 years of ownership for new Subaru Outback.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would've put them on my knees.
JerseyDevil
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 05:29:08 PM »

Hi Everyone I just got a Enclave with a ton of miles 190,000 plus with a rebuilt engine. There is some things I am not sure about like the transmission with the thumb paddles they do not seem to shift the car. Can this be turned off? Is there a diagram with what the buttons for the steering wheel do? Thanks for reading it this it is a AWD CXL. I am a amazed how well this big car handles the corners. Is that the Awd?

Never heard of a 2008 E with paddle shifters?  Maybe some kind of after market gizmo.

2010 CXL Silver Green No Sun Roof, No NAV
sdhanson

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 10:48:59 PM »

Not quite the performance vehicle you think it is. The paddles are to turn the volume up or down on the sound system.
drinkglory

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 04:47:06 PM »

the buttons on the shiftier not on the steering wheel. And yes it is not a Corvette but driven by me it can takes corners in a very aggressive way. Another 100 horsepower and better transmission and it could do wonders. Also I forgot to mention had to do Sunroof it was leaking on headliner. 50.00 and 20 minutes all fixed. Backup camera does not show a picture but the back up assist still works.
cfedor
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 08:17:04 PM »

Welcome to the forum drinkglory!  The thumb gear shift buttons on the shifter only work when the shifter is in "L" position. Hope this helps you. Looking forward to seeing you around the threads.

HIS: 2008 Enclave CXL AWD Red Jewel/Titanium Leather, Premium package 19" Chrome 7-spoke, AM/FM/CD/DVD/NAV 10 speaker Bose, LED upgrades inside and out.  127K Miles

HERS: 2009 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD Black/Tan Loaded. 95K Miles
sklunk

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 03:26:12 PM »

the buttons on the shiftier not on the steering wheel. And yes it is not a Corvette but driven by me it can takes corners in a very aggressive way. Another 100 horsepower and better transmission and it could do wonders. Also I forgot to mention had to do Sunroof it was leaking on headliner. 50.00 and 20 minutes all fixed. Backup camera does not show a picture but the back up assist still works.

Welcome to the forum!

The buttons on the shifter are NOT designed to be used for manual shifting.  They only limit the highest gear that the transmission will go into (for example if you set the selector to "L" and use the "+" sign to go to "4" the trans will only go up to fourth gear).  This is all in the owners manual that rockyp linked to on Page 2-33.

2009 CXL, White Diamond Tricoat, Cashmere, with absolutely everything except AWD, "re"-contented with some 2008 features ...
(traded November 2015 for a new Silverado but still love Enclaves and this forum!)
cfedor
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 08:38:03 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

The buttons on the shifter are NOT designed to be used for manual shifting.  They only limit the highest gear that the transmission will go into (for example if you set the selector to "L" and use the "+" sign to go to "4" the trans will only go up to fourth gear).  This is all in the owners manual that rockyp linked to on Page 2-33.
Agreed, thumbs up

HIS: 2008 Enclave CXL AWD Red Jewel/Titanium Leather, Premium package 19" Chrome 7-spoke, AM/FM/CD/DVD/NAV 10 speaker Bose, LED upgrades inside and out.  127K Miles

drinkglory

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2016, 06:12:07 PM »

Thanks for all the welcomes! But you guys really take all the fun out of it I was hoping it was a easier to reach paddle shifter!!  blob But I really like the Enclave far more than I thought I would. It does need 100 horsepower and even better transmission and I would just have more fun! Maybe a little more aggressive tire they do talk back at times but only when expected.
rockyp
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 11:43:43 AM »

Yup. In spite of the well-known glitches, it is a wonderful car!

2008 Cocoa CXL AWD, Nav, Rear Ent - Owned 72 months, 135,900 miles. Traded 9 days short of 6 years of ownership for new Subaru Outback.

If God wanted me to touch my toes, He would've put them on my knees.
drinkglory

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 05:24:57 PM »

I notice most enclave have the rectangular exhaust almost in the bumper were mine is the big round ones that stick out is there a performance difference? 
cfedor
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2016, 08:33:45 PM »

I notice most enclave have the rectangular exhaust almost in the bumper were mine is the big round ones that stick out is there a performance difference? 
No. The oval exhaust is just a chrome tip. That was used on 08-12 model years 13 and up have the rectangular trapezoidal looking molded into the rear bumper looking ones.  Another way to tell the model year design is the ventiports in the hood sides. 09-12 they are on the sides, 13 and up they are on the top. And 08-12 has the Buick logos on the c pillar exterior, where as 08-12 don't have them.

GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 10:07:15 PM »

I have to agree. It handles surprisingly well for such a large and heavy vehicle. Even Consumer Reports noted that in a test drive video of the 2008 Enclave. thumbs up

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories