Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
February 21, 2017, 01:47:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: See that little gray camera icon in a member's post? Click it to go directly to their Photo Gallery

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015 Bluetooth Issues & radio suggestions  (Read 786 times, 4 Replies)
gotkwah

Ignore
« on: January 02, 2017, 05:11:09 PM »

Just bought my 2015 Premium last week and I can not figure out what is going on with the bluetooth connection to my phone. It always shows that it is connected, the Bluetooth Icon is lit up as well as the battery and signal strength. My phone also registers that it is connected to the car. However, 95% of the time calls will not work. My phone thinks its connected to the car so i have to answer the call, then change it from bluetooth to speaker to be able to have a conversation.

The only time that the car picks up the calls is if i get in the car when i am already on a call, then it will switch over to the car and work properly once the system boots up. Otherwise nothing works correctly.
Any ideas? What am I missing here?

Also, i really dont like the nav & IntelliLink system. Is it possible to replace the entire unit and maintain features like backup camera, steering wheel controls, etc? Would love to go with something that doesnt feel like im in 2005 and has androidauto or google maps navigation.

THANKS
gotkwah

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 01:05:52 AM »

Still having this issue after 3 weeks and just cant figure it out for the life of me. Want to be sure I am not missing something before i take it in.

Just bought my 2015 Premium last week and I can not figure out what is going on with the bluetooth connection to my phone. It always shows that it is connected, the Bluetooth Icon is lit up as well as the battery and signal strength. My phone also registers that it is connected to the car. However, 95% of the time calls will not work. My phone thinks its connected to the car so i have to answer the call, then change the setting on my phone from bluetooth to handset or speaker to be able to have a conversation.

The only time that the car consistently picks up the calls is if i get in/turn on the car when i am already on a call, then it will switch over to the car and work properly once the system boots up (this happens about 95% of the time). Otherwise nothing works correctly.
Any ideas? What am I missing here?

Also, i really dont like the nav & IntelliLink system. Is it possible to replace the entire unit and maintain features like backup camera, steering wheel controls, etc? Would love to go with something that doesnt feel like im in 2005 and has androidauto or google maps navigation.

THANKS
ls973800
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 10:01:06 AM »

Did you purchase the 2015 as a used model?  Perhaps the previous owner still has his phone connected and set up as the primary phone?  Have you tried deleting everything and reconnecting with your phone?  Does your phone find the car sync OK, and have you given it permission to always connect?

Yes, there are replacement radios from aftermarket sources which can be adapted to use the steering wheel buttons.  I am sure you could hook up a rear camera also, but not sure if you could use the factory cable to do so.  Check Crutchfield, Best Buy, or some of the other large electronic outlets to see what can be used.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-KXX5R5y4umw/

There is also a brand which several owners have used on the forum.  I can't recall the name of it, but I think Walt was a representative many of them dealt with to build a system which works well.  Not sure what year models it fits, so you will have to search the forum for more information, unless I can remember the name of the radio.

2010 Summit White Traverse LTZ,  SOLD 4/2012 
2015 Traverse 2LT Siren Red Tintcoat-36 Month Lease
rbarrios
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 10:40:04 AM »

on a side note--- BT related--

wife said the other day- she came to a red light- and all of a sudden she got a phone conversation over the car speakers- from another at the red light....

interesting.

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    55,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-  123,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-180,000
AZ_Enclave

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 05:28:52 PM »

on a side note--- BT related--

wife said the other day- she came to a red light- and all of a sudden she got a phone conversation over the car speakers- from another at the red light....

interesting.

Haha wow! That's crazy yet I can see that happening
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories