Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
March 30, 2017, 08:44:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Enclave Sales Numbers:     Mar: 4,899      YTD Total: 14,445     All Time: 187,013   (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: update backup camera  (Read 1224 times, 6 Replies)
posvibeonly

Ignore
« on: January 05, 2017, 09:15:01 PM »

hi all new here. looking for advice. I have an 08 cxl with nav , sat , and backup camera. we had to take it to the shop and they gave us a 2017 Sierra for a loaner. the truck was nice but what impressed me was the backup camera. it had lines to show ya where ya was going and moved with the steering wheel. can the camera on my 08 enclave be programmed to have those guide lines , or do I have to add or change equipment. any input would be appreciated.
Bayner66

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 01:30:01 PM »

A member of one of the Lambda forums put a head unit from a 2013 model which has the lines in the camera into his 2011 MY and the lines showed up. This tells me the lines are software driven from the head unit and not in the cameras function. At least for the GM radios.

Bayner66
writing from the Lone Star State
2014 Acadia SLT2 FWD summit white, tow pkg
posvibeonly

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 08:30:23 PM »

thanks B for the info. if all I have to do is switch out the head unit that would be great. I know they are not cheap , but cheaper than a new suv just to get lines. hopefully it will not need a computer adjustment.
Bayner66

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 01:05:09 PM »

hopefully it will not need a computer adjustment.

Any time you switch oem radios you have to program it to the vehicle due to the theft-lock program. An outfit called Schram Auto Parts(a salvage yard) sells used oem head units that they will pre program for you if you are interested. I have never used them but several forum members have. May be worth a call if you plan the swap.

https://www.schramauto.com/

Bayner66
writing from the Lone Star State
2014 Acadia SLT2 FWD summit white, tow pkg
posvibeonly

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 07:25:12 PM »

thanks B , I will call them and see what they have to say.
sklunk

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 02:04:46 PM »

You will probably have to change out the trim piece around the radio as well.  In 2013 the unit had different buttons along the left and right side of the unit (they are touch-sensitive and built into the trim).

2009 CXL, White Diamond Tricoat, Cashmere, with absolutely everything except AWD, "re"-contented with some 2008 features ...
(traded November 2015 for a new Silverado but still love Enclaves and this forum!)
posvibeonly

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 06:59:50 PM »

yeap I was thinking the same thing . I noticed my unit is square edged and 13 ups are rounded. don't no if the bezel is the same other than that .might be able to trim my bezel to accommodate the new unit. worse case the parts to replace the bezel and controls looks to be around 250 from gm. I need to look at a newer enclave to see what the difference are. for on I really don't care for the controls on the 08. hopefully wiring harness is the same.
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories