Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
March 23, 2017, 08:23:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Enclave Sales Numbers:     Mar: 4,899      YTD Total: 14,445     All Time: 187,013   (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dinghy Towing the newer 2014+ Enclave  (Read 3661 times, 0 Replies)
MadHatter14

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2017, 06:31:21 PM »

An older 2008-9 thread on this topic covered preparation of the Enclave for towing including pulling the Batt1 fuse, or using a battery disconnect switch instead.  The owners manual for my 2014 Enclave says 3 fuses now need to be pulled - the 50 amp Batt1 fuse in the engine compartment and also the 15 amp ECM fuse and the 15 amp OnStar fuse, both located in the battery compartment behind the passenger seat.  Having to pull those two extra fuses makes the prep more difficult/ time consuming.  Does anyone with a newer Enclave dinghy tow their Enclave and will putting in a battery disconnect switch also take care of the drain from these other two fuses/circuits? 
We will be getting a Roadmaster baseplate (we already have the tow bar) and an SMI AF1 braking system (which will operate from our RVs air brakes) installed in a couple of days.  Our old toad was a Ford Fiesta which just required a battery cable disconnect.  For it, we used power from the RV harness to pass through to magnetic lights/turn signals.  We did not have an aux brake system for that light car behind our 2002 Holiday Rambler DP.  Not sure how the AF1 will be powered or how towed lights will be configured or powered yet.  I am new to all this (less than one year with RV) so I am learning but still confused.
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories