Enclaveforum.net Bookmark and Share
May 25, 2017, 06:04:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't open Navigation face plate  (Read 2269 times, 8 Replies)
bernief2727

Ignore
« on: February 06, 2017, 08:43:53 PM »

Just bought a 2011 Enclave with the nav system and got updated dvd for it and when I put it in it came up with an error and says to put the original one back in but you can't get the menu to open up to open the face plate. Nothing works on the screen. The radio still plays and you can use the dvd in the back seat but can't open the face plate. Waited about 10 minutes or more to see if the screen would come up but nothing. So if anyone has some suggestions would really appreciate it.
Thinking about taking the radio out and see if somehow I can manually open the face plate and then plug it back in and see if I can get it to eject then.
ls973800
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 09:52:52 PM »

You could try disconnecting the battery for several minutes and see if that would reset or reboot the radio and allow the disc to be inserted. thumbs up

2010 Summit White Traverse LTZ,  SOLD 4/2012 
2015 Traverse 2LT Siren Red Tintcoat-36 Month Lease
bernief2727

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 01:09:55 PM »

I finally got it to open. I took the radio out of the car and then ended up taking both of the dvd's out of the radio but without power you can't get the dvd's out. So took it back out to the car and with everything just hanging it actually read the new dvd but still came up with a map error but was able to get to the menu so I could open the face plate up and then eject the cd. Put the old one back in and  it booted up fine. So reassembled everything and put it back in the car. Have a new dvd coming for it again and when I do this one will hopefully be able to load it without closing the faceplate so if it messes up again will be able to access the eject button. I found no way to open the faceplate without being able to get to the menu button. It's powered so even when you take a lot of it apart the thing will still not open up to let you get to the eject button to get the map cd out. I'm sure someone knows of a way to get that open when you don't have power but so far haven't found that info. So will let everyone know when I get the new dvd what happens.
ls973800
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 11:06:19 PM »

Well I guess removing the radio is basically the same as disconnecting the battery!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Glad you got it to open and do what you needed.

2010 Summit White Traverse LTZ,  SOLD 4/2012 
2015 Traverse 2LT Siren Red Tintcoat-36 Month Lease
cfedor
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 09:55:12 AM »

My faceplate will open. But, the NAV disc will not eject...  Constantly am getting map dvd read error.   flaming mad

HIS: 2008 Enclave CXL AWD Red Jewel/Titanium Leather, Premium package 19" Chrome 7-spoke, AM/FM/CD/DVD/NAV 10 speaker Bose, LED upgrades inside and out.  127K Miles

HERS: 2009 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD Black/Tan Loaded. 95K Miles
bernief2727

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 10:50:33 PM »

CFER you might want to take the radio out and then pull the top cover off. The unplug the cable to the dvd for the nav system and try plugging it back in. Then hook it up in the car and see if it will work then or not. I just let mine hang out and plugged the cables in and when it was tilted that's when it decidedto read the dvd and let me get to where I could open the face of it. I have another dvd coming with the new updates but trying to decide if I want to take a chance on it again. It's working good right now, just not up to date like I would like. I'm on 9.3 right now and the new one is 14.3, so quite a difference. I have a couple of ideas on what to do if it locks up again, but not sure if it would work or not. I could unplug the dvd to make it think there is no dvd in it so might let me get to the menu so I can open the face. Then once that is open, turn it off and plug the dvd back in and should then be able to eject  it. Will let you know what I find out once it gets here again
bernief2727

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 01:46:34 PM »

Ok, I got the new DVD for the map update and this one worked fine. So can't tell you anymore about opening the faceplate if you can't get to the menu. I thought about unplugging the dvd and turning the radio on and see if that would let me go to the menu. Without the dvd plugged in it should just bypass that part of it and go to the normal screen. Then you could open the faceplate and shut the radio back down and plug the dvd in and then turn it back on with the faceplate open and then eject the bad dvd. Was thinking that is what I was going to try if this one failed also. But luck was with me and everything worked fine. So I'm back in business with the 14.3  version installed and good to go.
cfedor
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 11:47:33 PM »

Ok, I got the new DVD for the map update and this one worked fine. So can't tell you anymore about opening the faceplate if you can't get to the menu. I thought about unplugging the dvd and turning the radio on and see if that would let me go to the menu. Without the dvd plugged in it should just bypass that part of it and go to the normal screen. Then you could open the faceplate and shut the radio back down and plug the dvd in and then turn it back on with the faceplate open and then eject the bad dvd. Was thinking that is what I was going to try if this one failed also. But luck was with me and everything worked fine. So I'm back in business with the 14.3  version installed and good to go.

Thx for the suggestions. I will try them.  Where did you go thru to get the 14.3. And how much?

HIS: 2008 Enclave CXL AWD Red Jewel/Titanium Leather, Premium package 19" Chrome 7-spoke, AM/FM/CD/DVD/NAV 10 speaker Bose, LED upgrades inside and out.  127K Miles

HERS: 2009 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD Black/Tan Loaded. 95K Miles
bernief2727

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 10:03:33 PM »

I bought the dvd off of Ebay. It was $14.90 delivered to my door. And even though the first one had a defect the guy sent me another one right away. He sent me an email before it was delivered the first time and said if I had any problems to email him and he would take care of it. And he did, so have to give him credit for that. Was a very good seller.
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories