Enclaveforum.net Bookmark and Share
May 29, 2017, 09:24:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for something smaller than the Enclave? Check out the all new Cadillac SRX at http://www.SRXForum.net

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Door Locks and Power Fold Mirrors Problems  (Read 483 times, 4 Replies)
a2t

Ignore
« on: February 13, 2017, 09:41:24 AM »

Has anyone used gruvenparts.com for the replacement power folding mirror parts, and the for the power door lock motors ?  From the left banner, GM Trucks is last category down and you can see all the products.

It doesnt say on their product page if these fit Enclave, it just says "GM trucks" but I assume Enclave could also benefit from these parts.  I called them and they said they should fit but to this point have only installed this stuff on the Tahoes, suburbans, and pick ups.  From the DIY's they posted, it all looks the same.  

If anyone has bought from them please let me know as Im considering.

Jeff
a2t

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 10:18:28 AM »

I also wonder if anyone has had any success working with GM to resolve these issues outside of warranty.  Seems like they should cover it.
a2t

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 08:35:27 AM »

also here is a video showing the install on a tahoe.  its similar but the guy puts in a a plastic gear.  method is same though, good reference if you need it.  cheap way to permanently fix your power fold mirrors

http://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/power-fold-mirror-motor.306477/#post-5888249
JerseyDevil
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 09:20:00 AM »

I also wonder if anyone has had any success working with GM to resolve these issues outside of warranty.  Seems like they should cover it.

Why should they cover it out of warranty?

2010 CXL Silver Green No Sun Roof, No NAV
a2t

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 06:13:50 PM »

Why should they cover it out of warranty?

Because its an obvious design flaw.  They've used a cheap plastic gear inside the mechanism that strips out an breaks.  Buzz over to the GMT900's forums and ask around.  Lots of people are having this issue.

Anyway, I know they wont make it right, but I feel they should, on such an expensive vehicle...

Obviously you arent having any of these issues, and you are lucky !   thumbs up
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories