Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
March 23, 2017, 08:21:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: See that little gray camera icon in a member's post? Click it to go directly to their Photo Gallery

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Additional USB Port  (Read 315 times, 2 Replies)
jamiegisi

Ignore
« on: March 01, 2017, 10:52:44 AM »

Guys, wanted to get your opinions on if this would work. I have a 2013 Premium with the USB Port located up in the center of the dash in the little storage place - stupid placement in my opinion! Anyhow, looking at the GM USB port, it is a mini USB B. I am wondering if I could get a Mini USB B splitter with one female to two males ends. Plug the female into the GM plug (with some massaging of course) plug one male into the one located in the storage compartment and the other run it down with a small extension to another GM USB port. I would get the new center console trim used in the 2015 that has a USB location and the charger location. I clearly wouldn't be able to use both at the same time, which is fine. All in all the USB B cords are on Amazon for all of $12, the USB Plug from GM is $26 and the trim piece I am not sure of the price I have to get the part number.

Let me know what you think
Traverse City

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 10:36:29 PM »

Have you done this yet or further assessed its viability?  For  my 2013 Traverse, I too am considering adding a USB port in with the 12V panel.  My plan is to pull radio, disconnect USB from radio and route  new USB cable to new location.  However your plan my be easier.  Let me know what you come up with.  Thanks.   
ICU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 04:47:29 PM »

I didn't see where either of you posted what you want more USB ports for.

If it's just to power/recharge some devices then this may work.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CL3JJT6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:18:12 PM by ICU » Logged

2010 AWD Acadia SLT2
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories