Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
March 23, 2017, 08:24:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2nd Set of Timing Chains? 2009 with 119k  (Read 180 times, 1 Replies)
MaineMan87

Ignore
« on: March 18, 2017, 09:15:39 PM »

Have any of you needed a second set of timing chains on your 07-09's? The original owner had the timing chains done at 74k miles. Is it possible that it needs a second set of chains only 45k miles later? My check engine light came on last week with the 0017 code. Where I'm so close to the 120k mile mark, I wanted to bring it to the dealer ASAP. They told me it could be the chains again, especially if the other dealership cut some corners and didn't replace the guide/tensioners. Having said that, they also said it could be the camshaft itself or something else. If they tear it down and it's anything other than the timing chains, I'm out at least $2500, best case scenario. I'm not sure if I can take that kind of risk. Any chance of it being the crank sensor? The dealer didn't even suggest that. I haven't noticed any loss of power or fuel economy. Maybe a SLIGHT loss of acceleration, but that could just be psychological.

Any help/insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:18:09 PM by MaineMan87 » Logged
MaineMan87

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 02:35:14 PM »

Anything? Is it likely that the camshaft is bad?
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories