Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
April 27, 2017, 05:02:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Latest spy photos on the 3-row Subaru Ascent  (Read 1402 times, 8 Replies)
wvuguy
Enclave Guru

Let's go Mountaineers/Pens Here we go Steelers

Ignore
« on: March 23, 2017, 11:21:30 AM »

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/subaru-three-row-crossover-spy-shots/#slide-4718482

To my eyes....and with the camo.....it's got a fair amount of Dodge Durango in the side profile (though the front fascia looks blockier).   I've also been reading its size will put it square up against the Explorer and Enclave;  both of which we all know can (and do) comfortably exceed $50K these days.  I'd be shocked beyond belief if Subie approached that pricing level for a brand new concept.

Loaded Honda Pilots sticker for something in the $47-48 range;   I guess I assume that's where the Ascent Limited (or whatever it'll be called) will fall out.

'09 CXL FWD (invoiced 9/4/08, delivered 12/18/08) replaced by a 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited on 3/16/12.  Added a Nissan Altima 2.5 SV on 3/2/16, a 2009 Buick Lucerne CXL on 4/21/15, and a 2002 Honda Accord SE on 5/22/14.
vic1212
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 07:56:00 PM »

It really just looks like a bigger tribeca.... at first it looks like a bigger forrester but the more I look at it it really just looks like a bigger tribeca
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 11:08:29 PM »

I looks a lot like a bigger version of the 2008-2014 Tribeca. The original 2006-2007 had a ton more style in my opinion; liked by some and hated by many. My first model year 2006 Tribeca is still going strong after almost 11 years and 146,000 miles of use. Some folks have recently asked me if my Tribeca is a new car. It was far ahead of its time in styling, and stayed off most folks' radar (sadly for Subaru) so it is "new to them".

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
vic1212
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 12:48:01 AM »

I honestly respect Subaru as a whole. But I honestly just feel like they could of done more in the styling department. Really sad that the Legacy looks like a vanilla though.
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 10:19:06 AM »

I agree. Subaru has usually placed function over styling, sort like the way Toyota has generally emphasized reliability over styling. However, more cars than ever are stylish, so plain vanilla looks are starting to negatively impact Subaru's sellability, in my opinion.

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
wvuguy
Enclave Guru

Let's go Mountaineers/Pens Here we go Steelers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 12:58:38 PM »

I agree. Subaru has usually placed function over styling, sort like the way Toyota has generally emphasized reliability over styling. However, more cars than ever are stylish, so plain vanilla looks are starting to negatively impact Subaru's sellability, in my opinion.

I think it probably depends upon who Subaru defines as their main/key targets for the new unit.  

If it's customers new to the brand, I'd probably agree.  But if it's current Subaru loyalists/buyers looking for an upgrade path from the Outlook, then Ascent will likely do just fine.  What I don't know is how many they want to sell annually, though I seriously doubt they're going to be chasing anything like 50K units (if, for no other reason, they're likely to be capacity-strapped in Lafayette).

'09 CXL FWD (invoiced 9/4/08, delivered 12/18/08) replaced by a 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited on 3/16/12.  Added a Nissan Altima 2.5 SV on 3/2/16, a 2009 Buick Lucerne CXL on 4/21/15, and a 2002 Honda Accord SE on 5/22/14.
vic1212
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 04:42:03 PM »

That's how I felt for the Mazda CX-9
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 08:46:29 PM »

I think it probably depends upon who Subaru defines as their main/key targets for the new unit.  

If it's customers new to the brand, I'd probably agree.  But if it's current Subaru loyalists/buyers looking for an upgrade path from the Outlook, then Ascent will likely do just fine.  What I don't know is how many they want to sell annually, though I seriously doubt they're going to be chasing anything like 50K units (if, for no other reason, they're likely to be capacity-strapped in Lafayette).

I think that Subaru may start to lose some of of its loyal buyers due to its slip in reliability of late. I've owned 2 Subarus, but I didn't buy a third  when I purchased my Audi last year due to the "plain vanilla" factor. My 2006 Tribeca runs circles around the current crop of Subarus regarding styling, in my opinion. With the slip in reliability, I'm just not interested any longer.

vic1212
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 01:28:14 AM »

The only thing that's interesting was WRX and that's it.... the forrester, Impreza, legacy, outback are just vanilla.
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories