OnStar Hands-free Calling & Bluetooth

(1/1)

vmtls:
According to the OnStar handsfree calling instructions, if you have the Bluetooth option and you have a paired & connected phone in the  vehicle, you should use the phone button on the mirror instead of steering wheel controls to command OnStar hands-free Calling functions.

My question is how do you identify an incoming OnStar call from a call to your connected BT phone and which button to press the answer the call? Are the ringtones different for OnStar and BT? Or is there an indication on the radio/nav display indicating on which line the call is being received?

I would also like to know how the hands-free calling minutes are used up for long-distance and roaming. I know the owner guide says calls may be to Canada & the U.S. only. Are they chraged solely on the duration of calls regardless of origin and destination or additional charges are incurred for long-disatnce and roaming? And what about the incoming calls while roaming?

TIA.

jrshall:
With regards to Onstar, it is my understanding that there are no long distance or roaming charges, just the standard Onstar per minute charge. This applies to all calls, incoming or outgoing.

Not sure about distinguishing between Onstar and BT incoming calls. I haven't given out my cars number, so I don't get any incoming calls via Onstar. Just a WAG, but you should be able to answer either one with the steering wheel button. At least, that's how it would work if I designed it.

JR

vmtls:
Quote from: jrshall on January 02, 2009, 01:41:32 PM

With regards to Onstar, it is my understanding that there are no long distance or roaming charges, just the standard Onstar per minute charge. This applies to all calls, incoming or outgoing.

Not sure about distinguishing between Onstar and BT incoming calls. I haven't given out my cars number, so I don't get any incoming calls via Onstar. Just a WAG, but you should be able to answer either one with the steering wheel button. At least, that's how it would work if I designed it.

JR

Thanks for the long-distance/roaming clarification.

Like you said, it should be designed to answer either line with steeering wheel button. But the owner guide is so vague and confusing - I looked in both Canadian and US versions without geting much help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index