Enclaveforum.net Bookmark and Share
May 29, 2017, 09:23:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Enclave Sales Numbers:     Mar: 4,899      YTD Total: 14,445     All Time: 187,013   (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navigation update software  (Read 1068 times, 14 Replies)
Cliff_40

Ignore
« on: April 10, 2017, 11:13:36 PM »

Has anyone had to update their Navigation Software? if so where did you get the update DVD?
kenthurgood

2008 CXL AWD Red Jewel/Titanium Leather; Ent. Pkg

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 07:01:57 AM »

I have only updated mine once, when they put in a new highway and my Nav screen showed me as being in a field.

I got a newer version disk used on e-Bay.

Just see which is the newest one for your model year Enclave and Google it.

I am sure there will be a lot of them for less then if you ordered one from GM.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 07:30:22 PM by kenthurgood » Logged
t18c97

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 09:07:46 AM »

I have only updated mine once, when they put in a new highway and my Nav screen showed me as being in a filed.

I got a newer version disk used on e-Bay.

Just see which is the newest one for your model year Enclave and Google it.

I am sure there will be a lot of them for less then if you ordered one from GM.

I wish it was that easy. It appears that GM has decided to custom make each update with the VIN of the vehicle that's getting the update, doesn't match no update, so no copying and buying one off of E*Bay.
kenthurgood

2008 CXL AWD Red Jewel/Titanium Leather; Ent. Pkg

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 10:16:57 AM »

Interesting ... that must be on later models then mine.

I updated my 08 with a disk for 2012 model year.

Good to know.

I guess GM wants all our money  Grin
sklunk

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 03:10:45 PM »

It depends on your model year.

2008-2012:
It is a DVD that gets inserted behind the screen of the radio.  You can buy copies of the DVD version on ebay but be careful -- many of the bootleg copies are not recognized by the nav system.  Or you can buy a used version 1 or 2 years old like kenthurgood did.

2013-2017:
It comes on a USB stick that is programmed to your VIN.  You plug it into the USB port and download the new data to the hard drive.  It can't be used in any other vehicle (you need to supply your VIN when you order the maps and if the VIN doesn't match when you plug in the drive it won't complete the install).

The only place to buy the officially recognized versions is here:

http://gmnavdisc.navigation.com/home/en_US/GMNA/USD

2009 CXL, White Diamond Tricoat, Cashmere, with absolutely everything except AWD, "re"-contented with some 2008 features ...
(traded November 2015 for a new Silverado but still love Enclaves and this forum!)
t18c97

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 07:33:35 PM »

They sure don't make it easy to get an update. The web site says no updates for my 2015, the database on the car says it's a 2013Q2. I e-mailed their contact address expressing my displeasure that in almost 4 years that they haven't come out with any updates, especially since it goes in to great detail why it's important to keep it updated, http://gmnavdisc.navigation.com/cms/page.navigationbenefits/en_US/GMNA/USD.

The response from the e-mail was that there is an update available, but it's out of stock at the moment and no date when more will be available. They also said I needed to order any update via my dealer service department, that I can't order it. OK so I e-mail my service advisor about trying to order one so when it's back in stock I can get it. He responds that they can't order it and I need to go back to the web site to place an order.

What a cluster f**k Bang Head
Buick Customer Service
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 05:52:56 PM »

Hello all,

We deeply regret to hear that you have been experiencing these concerns updating your Enclaves navigation systems, and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please know that our team is only a private message away, and would be happy to look into this further and assist in any way that we can. If this is something that would interest you, please feel free to send us your full contact information, VIN, vehicle mileage, and the name of your preferred dealership via private message so we can get started. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Steven D.
Buick Customer Care

Have you checked into Buick Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.buick.com!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
t18c97

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 01:17:21 PM »

Here's the latest in this mission to get an update:

The GM nav web site finally showed that there is an update for the 2013-2016 Enclave available, but it must be ordered and installed by the dealer. OK, contact my service rep and he get's the update ordered and we set up an appointment to install. 45 minute drive to the dealer and the site for 2 hours to be told they can't read the USB drive that was sent and their tech was told the update needed to be reordered, they'll let me know when it comes in again. Shortly after getting home the service rep calls to say they've heard back from the map company and that the web site is incorrect and there is no update available for these model years, they're still working on it.

What a joke!
sklunk

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 01:59:05 PM »

Here's the latest in this mission to get an update:

The GM nav web site finally showed that there is an update for the 2013-2016 Enclave available, but it must be ordered and installed by the dealer. OK, contact my service rep and he get's the update ordered and we set up an appointment to install. 45 minute drive to the dealer and the site for 2 hours to be told they can't read the USB drive that was sent and their tech was told the update needed to be reordered, they'll let me know when it comes in again. Shortly after getting home the service rep calls to say they've heard back from the map company and that the web site is incorrect and there is no update available for these model years, they're still working on it.

What a joke!

I'm not sure why they told you the dealer has to do the update.  You can do it yourself (instructions are in the separate MyLink/Navigation manual in the glovebox).

That doesn't change the issue you are having with finding out if there really is an update though.  And it is DEFINITELY tied to the VIN so it won't work in any other vehicle.

2009 CXL, White Diamond Tricoat, Cashmere, with absolutely everything except AWD, "re"-contented with some 2008 features ...
(traded November 2015 for a new Silverado but still love Enclaves and this forum!)
t18c97

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 02:21:32 PM »

I'm not sure why they told you the dealer has to do the update.  You can do it yourself (instructions are in the separate MyLink/Navigation manual in the glovebox).
The GM navdisc web site says:
Please note this update is ONLY available for purchase and installation at your Buick, Chevrolet or GMC Dealer. Your dealer will need to order your map update in advance and schedule your installation service visit. Please call or visit your dealer to inquire about this navigation map update. No labor charges will be applied at the dealership for this installation.
Dealers: The USB Map Update can be ordered with a BARS account or credit card at gmnavdisc.com/dealer/us or by calling 1-866-351-7608.
You will need the customer's VIN in order to purchase this update as each update is created for a specific vehicle.
Since I don't have a BARS account and when you call they want the dealer number etc I don't see how a non-dealer can order this update? I also read the instructions for the install and they say you need to hook some tool up to the car to keep things powered up while the update is running. Guess if you sat with the engine running for 90 minutes it would do the same thing.
Knuckle Dragger

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 03:41:27 PM »

I feel your pain Cliff. I had to beg a dealer rep I deal with all the time to get it for me. She still insisted I could call but they told me no every time I called. My woes are posted in another thread on this forum they won't let me post a link to  shrug
sklunk

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 02:16:02 PM »

I feel your pain Cliff. I had to beg a dealer rep I deal with all the time to get it for me. She still insisted I could call but they told me no every time I called. My woes are posted in another thread on this forum they won't let me post a link to  shrug

t18c97:

Check Knuckle Dragger's info near the end of the thread below.  Like I said you can do it yourself:

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=37081.0

t18c97

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 02:23:31 PM »

Doesn't do any good if only a dealer can order the upgrade and that there is no upgrade available, the web site is incorrect.
JerseyDevil
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 07:11:39 PM »

Doesn't do any good if only a dealer can order the upgrade and that there is no upgrade available, the web site is incorrect.

Sounds like a Catch 22

2010 CXL Silver Green No Sun Roof, No NAV
dzs3fz

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 12:51:45 PM »

We are currently looking at upgrading to a 2013 or newer Enclave.  Some of the vehicles we’ve looked have a Navigation system which brings me to my question.  How/where do I find the Nav version currently in the Enclave?  One of my negotiating items would be to have the latest version installed.  I believe the 2013 & above are updated by the dealer using a vin. specific flash drive.   

2013 AWD Premium, Mocha Bronze Metallic exterior, Choccahino interior.   Loaded
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories