Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
April 27, 2017, 05:02:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for something smaller than the Enclave? Check out the all new Cadillac SRX at http://www.SRXForum.net

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: 2018 Enclave  (Read 2248 times, 49 Replies)
Milton B

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2017, 12:36:13 AM »

I like it but would like to see some interior pictures. I like the 2017 Mazda CX9 too and just wonder how the rides will compare. Also, has anyone seen the prices for the 2018 Enclave. Will it be comparable to the top trim CX9?

2014-Cyber Grey Metallic-Leather-Ebony Interior
gig229

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2017, 05:55:53 AM »

just weird that the new Acadia is still using the 6 speed..
yet the new Traverse/Enclave will get the 9 speed.
Some GM cost accountant figured he could save a few bucks per vehicle and get a bigger bonus...

2009 Enclave CX Gold Mist FWD, Bose stereo, Driver confidence pkg.
vic1212
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2017, 05:19:41 PM »

I don't think the CX-9 and Enclave are even in a same class. I mean the CX-9 does look premium than before. But I would think that turbo 4 would be a little noisy compare to the Enclave
Milton B

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2017, 07:40:34 PM »

I don't think the CX-9 and Enclave are even in a same class. I mean the CX-9 does look premium than before. But I would think that turbo 4 would be a little noisy compare to the Enclave

You make a good point. I don't know if I will ever be satisfied with another vehicle after enjoying the ride quality and quiet cabin of my enclave. I have considered trading mine but I always ask for what. To me the only comparison is another Enclave. Start getting out of that price range and I couldn't afford it.

2014-Cyber Grey Metallic-Leather-Ebony Interior
sklunk

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2017, 03:16:45 PM »

Don't need a separate analog clock since you can switch to an analog clock display on the radio screen.  At least my Impala has this, I'm assuming its the same on any newer GM with a screen.

kids,

I don't think it is like this anymore.  We own 2 newer GM vehicles and with the new Intellilink/MyLink you can no longer change the digital clock display.

Even if you could, an analog clock showing up on the touchscreen is definitely not the same as an analog clock with jewel inserts built into the dash.  Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't rule out a vehicle just because it's missing a clock, but it was an item that added perceived "class" to the car.  Removing it just takes away some of that prestige that should be in a Buick if it wants to be considered a "luxury" vehicle.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 03:18:20 PM by sklunk » Logged

2009 CXL, White Diamond Tricoat, Cashmere, with absolutely everything except AWD, "re"-contented with some 2008 features ...
(traded November 2015 for a new Silverado but still love Enclaves and this forum!)
vic1212
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2017, 06:32:36 PM »

kids,

I don't think it is like this anymore.  We own 2 newer GM vehicles and with the new Intellilink/MyLink you can no longer change the digital clock display.

Even if you could, an analog clock showing up on the touchscreen is definitely not the same as an analog clock with jewel inserts built into the dash.  Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't rule out a vehicle just because it's missing a clock, but it was an item that added perceived "class" to the car.  Removing it just takes away some of that prestige that should be in a Buick if it wants to be considered a "luxury" vehicle.

Wait what do you mean you can no longer change the digital clock display? Like do you mean you can't change the time or? I just know for sure for some reason the 2015 malibu in my household they change the time whenever my area have to adjust to the time change and the 2016 E in my household doesn't have the option to do that anymore.
sklunk

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2017, 02:19:40 PM »

Wait what do you mean you can no longer change the digital clock display? Like do you mean you can't change the time or? I just know for sure for some reason the 2015 malibu in my household they change the time whenever my area have to adjust to the time change and the 2016 E in my household doesn't have the option to do that anymore.

No we are not talking about changing the time or date.  We are talking about changing the clock display from digital (numbers) to analog (with hands).  You used to be able to do this on the older systems.

2009 CXL, White Diamond Tricoat, Cashmere, with absolutely everything except AWD, "re"-contented with some 2008 features ...
(traded November 2015 for a new Silverado but still love Enclaves and this forum!)
GoGetter

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2017, 10:05:08 PM »

Saw the pics on www.gminsidenews.com, Motortrend, and the Buick website.  I have to say I was more impressed with the 2018 Traverse when I saw it compared to the 2018 Enclave, but overall the refresh is okay.  More "wow" factor with the Traverse.  The new Enclave looks like the Infiniti QX60.  Here's my take:
- Lose the "floating roof" design on the D-pillar!  It really looks out of place - like the designers were trying too hard.  I don't like it on the Terrain either.  Otherwise the exterior is a nice evolution.  Don't see any reason to buy the Avenir when the regular exterior looks just as good.

- More wood on the interior would be nice.  The cabin really looks no better than the new Traverse high country.  Call me old fashioned but I like the luxury of high quality wood trim on the dashboard.  The original Enclave dashboard was a classic; I have gotten many, many compliments on how nice it is, even though the wood is fake.  What cost cutting accountant forgot the analog clock?  The dashboard looks okay, but kind of generic now and no "wow" factor.

- For the top Avenir trim level, why not put in the 3.0 twin turbo V-6 from the CT6 for more power?  I would expect this from the top trim level.  Look at what Ford's doing with their ecoboost engines.

Otherwise, I believe this will sell very well, but if I were in the market I'd check out the Traverse High Country trim too.  I'm curious how flimsy the door will feel.  I went to the car show last month and saw the new Acadia; the doors seem flimsy like they'd dent easily - similar to a Honda or Toyota.  My 09 Enclave doors feel solid.  Hope the new Enclave is as solid as my old one.

I want to add, the photos of the new Traverse show a much better rear end.

I would never buy the current version.  The taillights, are very bad, the new one
is a big improvement.

Now if they quiet down the vehicle with better windshield glass, and a proper
insulated engine cover....aka,  Ford Explorer, they have done things right.

I hope the bean counters and engineers from GM are watching.

We went from a noisy 2013 Acadia to a quieter 2015 Ford Explorer. 
The difference is very obvious, and important.
gostate

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2017, 08:35:13 AM »

Gogetter,
I agree with your comments on the Explorer foam rubber engine cover.  I too went from a 2011 Chevy Traverse to a 2016 Explorer Limited 4WD and I was amazed how much quieter and that I got better mileage.  The transmissions in the Ford and Chevy are the same (Joint Venture between Ford and GM), but my Ford doesn't hang up the RPM in 3rd the way the Traverse did.
vic1212
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2017, 10:42:46 AM »

I think the current Traverse are putting tempered glass even at the driver and front passenger windows. Not sure for the Acadia though
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories