Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
April 27, 2017, 05:00:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Enclave Sales Numbers:     Mar: 4,899      YTD Total: 14,445     All Time: 187,013   (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio re-set issue  (Read 311 times, 3 Replies)
picktoo

Ignore
« on: April 19, 2017, 05:40:42 PM »

Just giving folks a heads-up:

Over the past two years or so (basically the entire time since I bought my 2014 Enclave new), the Bose 10 speaker radio (with NAV) has "reset" itself maybe a dozen times. It will be working one day, and the next day I find that it has reset the selected FM station to the lowest frequency on the FM band. All the programmed settings were preserved. Only the selected band frequency changed. I've had my dealer check it several times, with no problem being found. Last week it happened again, and the Service Writer said to bring it in for another look see. This time was different - the Tech found a TSB that addressed that specific issue, and it recommended downloading revised software. The download and update took the better part of two hours and was covered under the B2B warranty. Time will tell if the "fix" actually fixed the problem.

If this has already been covered somewhere on this forum, apologies for repeating the info.

Math is such a simple, linear science. Why do so many make it so difficult?

'14 Enclave / Leather Group
White Opal / Cocoa
Bose 10 / Nav
Moonroof
Hit-the-Road

Luvvit!!
picktoo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 04:43:07 PM »

The software download yesterday accomplished nothing. Got in the car this morning, and found that the radio had reset itself again!  facepalm Called my service writer, who said they would continue to research the issue.

White Opal / Cocoa
Bose 10 / Nav
Moonroof
Hit-the-Road

Luvvit!!
Tortfesor

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 03:38:01 AM »

I've had a very similar issue the last few months.  While driving, and in random situations, the radio would suddenly turn itself off and re-boot.  Didn't matter whether it was on NAV, during a phone call, radio, etc., it would just reboot.  After it did, I would notice in my NAV traffic setting (that I pay an extra $48 a year for through Sirius) that it would default to turning back on the (very annoying) traffic popup alerts, and a few other miscellaneous settings I had changed.  It started happening more and more often.  I took it in, and the dealer tried a software update (that is the first step).  Didn't work.  He then had to get approval from Buick to replace the radio, which they did.  The next day, the exact same issue occurred again.

The dealer then said that sometimes cell phone bluetooth pairing could cause an issue, and recommended that I both delete the phone from the Buick, AND delete the Buick from the phone.  I tried this and it was OK for a few days, but started again.  This time, it took a while to get Buick approval to replace the radio again.  Ultimately, they did, and so far so good.

In speaking with the mechanic, he quietly said that he sees this issue a bit, and that the Enclave NAV radios do have known problems.  He also thought that Buick (or the radio manufacturer) never actually fixes them, but rather after the dealer sends them back, the facia plastic is cleaned up, and they're sent right back out as so-called "refurbished" replacements. 

Keep on them and replace the radio.  Good luck. 

2014 Buick Enclave Premium AWD: Opal White/Titanium, Navigation, Sunroofs, Tow Package, 20" Ultra-Brights, Molded Assist Steps, Splash Guards, Lighted Door Sills, and Glove Box Light!  Everything except a DVD player.  Sweet!
picktoo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 03:48:40 PM »

Thanks, Tortfesor. Good advice. Hope yours continues to work.

White Opal / Cocoa
Bose 10 / Nav
Moonroof
Hit-the-Road

Luvvit!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories