Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
July 28, 2014, 02:15:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: Click the little blue 'new' icon next to any topic to jump right to the first unread message.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Has your dealer closed?  (Read 3193 times, 27 Replies)
KCorey

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2009, 01:24:44 PM »

Here in New York City, several Buick dealers have closed...Bruno Buick and Cunningham Buick. Beltway Buick closed several years ago (actually they dropped Buick and picked up Subaru instead). It looks like GM service will become a problem now. Anyone else having a problem?

2008 Enclave CXL, Red Jeweltone, Driver Confidence Package, Luxury Package, Cargo Net & Cover. Retired; replaced with...
2012 Cadillac SRX Luxury in Red, no extra options.
vip9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 02:07:25 PM »

Hi KCorey,
fellow Brooklynite here.  Where do you service your Enclave?
There is either Krystal all the way in Canarsie or Chevy on 86 and 16 (and I don't even know if they will stay open, although the preliminary compilation of new closes does not list any GM dealers in Brooklyn, SI, or in NE NJ)
Thanks.

2009 CXL AWD Silver/Ebony, Luxury, Driver Confidence, Hit the Road, Nav/DVD E/P # 4, 19" Chrome Wheels, Advanced R/S, Dual Sunroof, Heated/Cooled Seats, Cargo Net/Shade
axiama
Global Moderator
Enclave Freak

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 02:09:21 PM »

I certainly hope not.  My Enclave has been at the dealership since last Wednesday.  My husband is trying to convince me that they're just going to keep it when they shut their doors and my consolation prize will be the lovely minivan I've been driving for the last week.  

So far the three dealerships by me are still operating.  

2013 Iridium Metallic Convenience Package

2010 Midnight Blue Lacrosse CXS
lingohocken

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 02:52:26 PM »

Alas, this appears to be just the beginning of a sad new era in GM distribution. GM now announces they will shutter yet another 1,000 dealers in addition to the 1,100 recently notified, bringing the total to 2,100. Dealers that remain will have to meet strict new sales, profitability and capitalization targets, which sounds like a tougher prescription for local family-owned dealers than for volume "salesplex" outlets. Nothing mentioned about judging dealers by service quality or customer satisfaction ratings.

http://detnews.com/article/20090603/AUTO01/906030336/1148/More+GM+dealers+set+to+close
roootineBUICK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 11:10:16 PM »

No word that my dealer is closing but my dad's dealership got axed. There were 2 GM dealers in his small city. One was a Chevrolet Cadillac and the other was Pontiac Buick GMC. The Chev is known for poor service. Many drivers got their service done at the Pontiac dealership b/c they had been turned off by Murrays.

2013 Premium Champagne Silver Metallic AWD 20" wheels DVD/Sunroof
2009 CX GoldMist Metallic AWD DVD/Sunroof Driver's Confidence Machined Wheels Leather Towing Remote Start
2007 Grand Prix GXP PurpleHaze Metallic Monsoon Stereo Sunroof HUD
1980 Red Corvette 4spd T Tops Aluminum Wheels Gymkhana
jrshall

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 02:05:00 PM »

OK, maybe someone can answer a simple question for me.

How does GM save money by forcing franchise dealers to close? Does GM pay some money to all dealers, regardless of sales? I always thought the only $ the dealers get from GM was hold back based on their sales.

Curious minds want to know.  Huh?

2009 CXL Cocoa/Cashmere, Ent #1, Most everything else, missed out on the cooled seats
htrdgrma

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 02:40:56 PM »

The dealership where I purchased my Enclave is Reynolds Buick GMC in Covina, CA.  They have been in business since 1915 and recently sent me a letter saying they would not be closing.  I just took the E in for an oil change and their front row of display cars is all Enclave in all colors.  Also, I have been seeing Enclaves everywhere here in Orange County during the past few months.  Evidently they are really catching on around here.  I even saw another Blue Gold Crystal like mine, which I guess is rare.

first Enclave: CXL-AWD blue-gold crystal, ebony leather interior,
New Enclave:  CXL-AWD Champagne Silver, Hershey bar leather interior (My name for it), Loaded w/ lots of goodies, but no video this time.
43sbest

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 09:01:48 PM »

The local newspaper had an article Tuesday stating all the GM dealers in my area (Vero Beach, Fort Pierce & Stuart Fl) had their franchises renewed. I was kind of surprised because there are three, Chevy, Buick, Cadillac & GMC dealerships with in about 35 miles of each other.
On the other hand all the Dodge & Jeep dealers are gone with only one Chrysler dealer left.

08 CXL FWD - WDT, titianium, lux pkg, conv pkg, ent 3, 19 inch chrome, sunroofs, 8 pass. Love it!
deacon_blues

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 12:15:41 AM »

Actually, I managed to be ahead of the game on this question. Bought the Enclave in March '08. At the first oil change, both the salesman and sales manager who worked the deal were gone. At the second oil change, the service manager was gone. Third oil change, dealership was closed, months before the bailout, etc. Auto sales is a brutal business, even in better conditions.
notsgnivil58

papa's bud's

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 06:02:51 AM »

Growing up our town was full of gas stations, bars, and car dealers. This time next year we will have 1 dealer left. Chrysler-dodge dealer. The times they are a changing. They have also cut over 100 people from my company. Youch

09 wdt, awd, sunroof, chrome, titanium interior because thats what my wife wanted.
wIsiwYg

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 10:58:02 AM »

Yes, my dealer, Brogan Cadillac-Buick in Ridgewood, NJ, closed last fall with no advance warning (ahead of the pack, though).  The last contact I had with them was to receive my E's title via SnailMail the week they closed.

It seems as though GM doesn't want to bother keeping community-based dealerships whose business was based in part on relationships & good service.  Instead, the "factory" on the highway seems to be the norm for them (as well as much of the rest of the industry).

2008 CXL AWD Enclave Ming Blue Metallic / Ebony Interior: Navigation/Entertainment #4, Sunroof, Driver Confidence Package, Luxury Package
axiama
Global Moderator
Enclave Freak

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2009, 07:52:43 PM »

Growing up our town was full of gas stations, bars, and car dealers.

The bars are still there I hope. 

2013 Iridium Metallic Convenience Package

2010 Midnight Blue Lacrosse CXS
EnclaveMom

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 10:45:07 PM »

Here in New York City, several Buick dealers have closed...Bruno Buick and Cunningham Buick. Beltway Buick closed several years ago (actually they dropped Buick and picked up Subaru instead). It looks like GM service will become a problem now. Anyone else having a problem?

I got my Enclave from Cunningham BPG and yes, they have now closed  so sad  We will either be bringing our Enclave to Mack or Van Buren on Long Island for service down the line.

Mom to Three
Traded in 2009 AWD CXL Enclave in Quicksilver to get the
2013 AWD Leather Group Enclave. 7 passenger. Cyber Gray Metallic.
Nav., Bose Audio, Power sunroof with 2nd row skylight
Purchased from City Cadillac Buick GMC in Long Island City, Queens.
press

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 12:48:41 PM »

The dealer I purchased the E from closed about four months ago. I never went there for service and instead have had my car serviced at one of the largest multi brand dealerships in the Metro DC area. I know some of his dealership locations were shut by Chrysler or will be shut by GM, but still unclear as it the Pontiac, Buick, GMC dealership will close. All a bit confusing.

I was sent a survey from GM on this about two weeks ago asking questions about dealership closings. I commented that from a consumers perspective after you have bought the car, the major criterion for dealer selection is quality of service. Obviously, sales are important once you have purchased. It was not clear to me that the sole basis for GM closing dealerships was based on sales rather than service.
jonnyk

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 11:01:28 PM »

Yes - my dealer, Mark Buick in Yonkers, NY, closed.  According to Sholz Buick, Sholz is the only Buick dealer in southern Westchester County, with Mark, Premium and Willow now closed.   Sounds like they're closing all over the NYC metro area!
MingGOBlue08

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 09:29:46 AM »

Got our E at Lassen Pontiac/Buick/Cadillac in Battle Creek, MI last Sept. I was in for a oil change a few weeks ago and they said they were not clossing but my salesman said something big was coming up. Could be they are buying/merging with the old GMC/Olds/Nissan dealership which also owns a Honda dealership in town.

08 Ming Blue Enclave CXL AWD w/ENT Pack #4 Chromes/Lux/DriverConf/Roof/Trailer Pack

09 Liquid Red G8 GT/Sport/ Premium
02 Infrared Escalade AWD (Traded)
franko

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 01:50:42 PM »

Jonnyk , you are right.  Got my E at Premium in New Rochelle NY and they have closed the BPG part of the business.  They still (for now) operate a Caddy dealership and tell me I can still service my E there.  Nonetheless, I'll move either to Sholz or Minchin in Stamford.  Do you like Sholz?

Traded -- 2009 CXL AWD Cocoa with Cashmere
New -- 2014 Acadia Quicksilver w Ebony
Top Dog

CXL FWD Red Jewl Tint NoDVD Or Sunroof/BLK HTR

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 02:12:16 PM »

The Dealership I bought my last three Vehicles(including the Clave) is still open. They just closed the Pontiac/Buick/ GM dealership and combined the Buick
and GMC with their Chevrolet and Caddy Dealership across the Highway.  Actually easier for me to gt to and they also have Nitrogen Available for the Tires.
The Dealership here in Sebring Florida is Alan Jay.
azurebuck

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 03:15:30 PM »

Nope, actually....in an interesting twist of fate here in Northwestern Vermont...our local GM Pontiac-Buick-Cadillac dealership just bought the local Acura-Volkswagen-Audi dealership. 

2009 Buick Enclave CXL AWD Carbon Black Metallic Ebony w/Ebony Accents, loaded blah blah, Ent#3
jonnyk

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 05:41:08 PM »

Franko, I've only been there a few times, so I haven't decided on Sholz yet.  John in service at Sholz is very good. They're close to the White Plains station and have been ready to shuttle me there in the morning (it's an easy cab ride back in the evening and they'll do a lockout).  They are not open on weekends though and waiting to be seen in the AM (maybe 20-25 min tops) has tested my patience somewhat.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories