Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
August 01, 2014, 05:49:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supplier Pricing?  (Read 6333 times, 63 Replies)
doncaruana

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 08:36:18 PM »

It's actually a straight percentage. Options are ~84.5% of MSRP for supplier, 80% for employee. So, the DVD option on the enclave ($1,980) is $1,673 supplier/$1,584 employee. XM would be $169 supplier, $160 employee. Of course, the more costly the option, the more savings that percentage carves out ($30 on XM, $300+ on the DVD for supplier). But all options use the same percentage, regardless of cost...
Canuck

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 09:16:16 PM »

Is the base percentages the same as noted on the above?

Are the factors the same for Canada?

09 Cocoa Canadian CXL AWD everything including matching running boards but Nav/DVD. Delivered June 15.
doncaruana

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 07:12:01 PM »

I posted the whole thing a couple of posts back - base and options are different
... Can't say for sure on Canada, but I would expect them to be.

MSRPInvoiceSupplierEmployee
Base1.0.935.95.91
Options1.0.83.845.8

Canuck

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 08:04:52 PM »

Thanks I took note of the last list and did a check with the options factor being different and it seems to add up better than the Total Cost * Factor

09 Cocoa Canadian CXL AWD everything including matching running boards but Nav/DVD. Delivered June 15.
doncaruana

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 09:33:07 PM »

Just as some feedback, I actually just placed an order. The employee pricing is dead nuts on for the options, but the base price is some odd percentage. Instead of being 91%, it's actually 90.9137% (huh?). Don't know where that exact number came from but the bottom line is that the price using my factors was only off by $32.
jhale

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007, 09:37:02 PM »

Went to a dealer in Lafayette, Indiana and had them build the following Enclave:

Enclave CX FWD - $32790
Platinum Metallic
Ebony Cloth
8 passenger seating ($495)
18" double spoke wheels - $225
Sunroof - $1300
Trailer Tow - $425

Total MSRP - $34245
Supplier Price - $32449    thumbs up

Ordered it!  Had one in the pipeline that he could modify to this and it should be scheduled for build in the next week or 2.  Looking forward to getting it early June!

Interesting enough - the GM we talked to at the dealership mentioned that there is a relativly attractive 39 month lease program on these.  Didn't get all the specific details but the bottom line is that since it is an 08, this somehow affects the residual which lowers the amount to be financed which lowers the payment.  He quoted us sell price of $32449 for 39 months @ 12k/year, $469/month.  $938 due at signing.  Not sure if the supplier price is what is helping us or not.  Take that for what it is worth.

Also mentioned that he knows dealerships that are not honoring supplier prices because they are a hot item and they want to sell them at MSRP.  Not sure how factual that is but thought I would share it. 
ItsaBuick?

Enclave OWNER

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2007, 09:48:47 PM »

$469 lease doesn't sound like a bargin.  Lexus RX's with stickers of $42K have leases of $449 in our area with 15k miles/yr, although the downpayment I think is higher (maybe someting like 3K)

2008 Enclave CXL - AWD, Coca, Cashmere, 7 Passenger, NAV/DVD Entertainment #4, Driver Confidence Pkg, Luxury Pkg, Sunroof, 19" Chrome Wheels

2004 Mazda RX8 - Lightning Yellow
1998 Civic 2Dr
doncaruana

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2007, 07:54:45 AM »

Yes, some dealers are not honoring supplier OR employee pricing. I personally talked to a couple. And, yes, they can do that...
krm

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2007, 11:05:05 AM »

I spoke to 2 dealers who would give me the supplier pricing, but not w/ the $1000 conquest discount.  One showed me the memo re the conquest that specifically said that it could not be used w/ supplier pricing.  If audited, that's the memo that would be used against them.
coop
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2007, 11:24:16 AM »

Can I combine this discount with current incentives?
In most cases. Visit your dealer for details on eligible incentives, or see current incentives on this site to see how the values add up.

https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-gmsupplier/virtual/pages/html/sd_faq.html#q10

The above is from GM SupplierDiscount's website. Althought it doesn't say YES, but it does say in most cases.

I went to a dealership here on L.I. NY, he mentioned there is a $500 Rebate, $1000 conquest. When I mentioned SD he said it cannot be combined, but he wasn't 100% sure so he is going to look at it.

Has anyone else heard of $500 Rebate? it is valid till the end of May, I know such thing exists for Acadia but I am not sure it applies on the Enclave too.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 11:26:06 AM by coopermine » Logged

Proud owner since 7/21/07 - Red Jewel CXL, AWD, Ent #4, Moonroof, Driver Conf, Lux Pkg,Trailer Pack, Cargo stuff,  Ebony Interior, 7 Passenger.
Tony007

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2007, 11:55:36 AM »

At the dealer I saw a rebate sheet that showed not only the $1000 conquest cash but also a $750 loyalty rebate. 

Does a loyalty rebate mean GM loyalty or buick loyalty?
zman
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2007, 12:16:29 PM »

I believe it is Buick or Oldsmobile loyalty, at least here in MN.  Punch in Buick and your zip code.

http://www.autodollars.com/

I have also been told that Conquest can not be used with Supplier or Employee Pricing.

2011 Enclave CXL-2 AWD Gray Green Metallic/Ebony, 20" Chrome Wheels, Sunroof, Trailering Package, Splash Guards, Engine Block Heater

2014 Audi A4 Prestige - Ice Silver Metallic
Tony007

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2007, 12:44:04 PM »

Do we know if there is any dealer participation fee when a customer uses the 1k conquest cash. 

I remember in the old days where certain rebates cost the dealer a participation fee. 
ItsaBuick?

Enclave OWNER

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2007, 08:49:31 PM »

the system did not show any other rebate than conquest when I bought mine on Sat.

2008 Enclave CXL - AWD, Coca, Cashmere, 7 Passenger, NAV/DVD Entertainment #4, Driver Confidence Pkg, Luxury Pkg, Sunroof, 19" Chrome Wheels

2004 Mazda RX8 - Lightning Yellow
1998 Civic 2Dr
Tony007

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 07:11:36 AM »

It might be a regional 750 loyalty rebate
jcamp116

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007, 08:55:21 AM »

The $750 loyalty rebate and $1000 conquest rebate can't be combined.  At least that is what we were told when we ordered.  Hopefully ours will come in before the conquest ends and maybe they will throw out some more rebates with the official "launch".

admin
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2007, 11:59:22 AM »

Yeah, how could you be both "conquered" and "loyal" at the same time? LOL!

As for combining Conquest and Supplier Pricing, legally they can't do it, but my dealer did just that for our Acadia purchase. Even though he never mentioned it, I'm guessing he simply gave me the supplier pricing as if we negotiated to that rate, then gave us the $1000 conquest bonus on top of that, as well as the $500 rebate available at the time (Feb). We got another $500 off for the mileage on our vehicle, so all told we got it for about $1400 below invoice. My point is, some dealers WILL work to get you all of those incentives and rebates combined, some won't. With that dealer's fantastic offer (J Koons of Vienna, VA, btw - great guys!!), the one in Leesburg wouldn't honor ANY deals. No conquest, no rebates, no Supplier pricing. MSRP or leave. Their loss!
coop
Global Moderator

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2007, 12:26:05 PM »

How do all these rebates, discounts work? Does the dealer at the end get some money back from GM?

For example say the Enclave I am looking at has an MSRP of $44,500. I am eligible for Conquest and SD, lets say the combined for both is $3500. 44500-3500 = 41,000 which may put the price below Invoice. My understanding is that the Dealer will actually get if not all part of the $3500 from GM. Does anyone know if I am thinking is right? So the at end the dealer shouldn't have any problem giving both discounts/rebates to me.

By the way I got a $1000 coupon in mail from GM which is good for Acadia and OUTLOOK no enclave  Angry the fine print on it says it could be used in addition to any other incentives also with Supplier Discount!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 12:28:23 PM by coopermine » Logged

Proud owner since 7/21/07 - Red Jewel CXL, AWD, Ent #4, Moonroof, Driver Conf, Lux Pkg,Trailer Pack, Cargo stuff,  Ebony Interior, 7 Passenger.
MsS42
Enclave Freak

Keep a Smile on Your Face and a Song in Your Heart

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2007, 12:35:52 PM »

How do all these rebates, discounts work? Does the dealer at the end get some money back from GM?

For example say the Enclave I am looking at has an MSRP of $44,500. I am eligible for Conquest and SD, lets say the combined for both is $3500. 44500-3500 = 41,000 which may put the price below Invoice. My understanding is that the Dealer will actually get if not all part of the $3500 from GM. Does anyone know if I am thinking is right? So the at end the dealer shouldn't have any problem giving both discounts/rebates to me.

By the way I got a $1000 coupon in mail from GM which is good for Acadia and OUTLOOK no enclave  Angry the fine print on it says it could be used in addition to any other incentives also with Supplier Discount!

EXPLAIN SUPPLIER PRICING PLEASE AND WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ORDERING, SUPPLIER PRICING AND PURCHASING FROM THE DEALERS ALLOCATED VEHICLES.

JEALOUSY IS CRUELER THAN THE GRAVE AND HATRED WILL SICKEN AND DESTROY YOUR SOUL UNTO DEATH...  IF YOU NEED TO BE HEALED JESUS  HEALS AND SAVES!!!!!!!!!!

TO THE WORLD YOU MAY BE JUST ONE PERSON BUT TO ONE PERSON YOU JUST MAY BE THE WORLD. GOD CARES FOR YOU
admin
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2007, 01:38:14 PM »

Coopermine - my understanding is that, with rebates, the dealer WILL be compensated by GM. Basically, they are willing to chip in that portion. But with SP, I think that goes against the dealer and is just a set amount that is negotiated with those companies. But that's complete speculation.

MsS42 - there are 4 set price points for GM vehicles:

1) MSRP: The suggested retail price of a car
2) Supplier Pricing: A fixed price per vehicle given to employees of companies that supply GM with parts, services, something. For example, I work for Verizon, who is partnered with GM for their OnStar service, so I qualified for Supplier Pricing. In my case it was about $600 above invoice.
3) Invoice: this somewhat misleading price is the "cost to dealers" before their holdbacks, bulk order discounts, etc. Rarely is it the price that dealers actually pay for a car.
4) Employee Pricing: This is the fixed price that GM employees (and their familes?) get. From what I've seen, it's somewhere around $600 BELOW invoice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories