Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
April 27, 2017, 05:05:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: See that little gray camera icon in a member's post? Click it to go directly to their Photo Gallery

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Poll
Question: How many could make it, if we had an all Lambda meet in Lansing MI this summer, 2010? Select all that apply.
Yes, for sure - 14 (18.7%)
No, absolutely not - 14 (18.7%)
Anytime - 7 (9.3%)
Weekend only - 7 (9.3%)
Want tour of Delta Plant - 22 (29.3%)
Do not want tour of Delta Plant - 11 (14.7%)
Total Voters: 52

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet in Lansing MI summer 2010  (Read 31175 times, 209 Replies)
MingGOBlue08

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: June 12, 2014, 02:17:43 PM »

It might be awhile.  I was talking a a friend who is a engineer for one of the major suppliers and he has not seen any specifications yet for his parts which are major body components.  He has also heard that the Acadia is headed for Spring Hill, TN in 2016.  Nothing specific just people talking.

Spring Hill?? Might make sense if the rumors of the smaller Acadia are true. (Outlook=Acadia, Enclave=Traverse) The Outlook is gone and they are using up the leftover rear hatch/taillight pieces (HA) on the Acadia's.

There were also rumors of getting rid of the Terrain or making it smaller.

Current
2017 White Frost Tricoat Acadia Denali AWD
Tech Package and Sunroof
09 Liquid Red G8 GT/Sport/ Premium

Departed...
08 Ming Blue Enclave CXL AWD w/ENT Pack #4 (Chromes/Lux/DriverConf/Roof/Trailer Pack
02 Infrared Escalade AWD
gostate

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: June 12, 2014, 02:23:41 PM »

Spring Hill?? Might make sense if the rumors of the smaller Acadia are true. (Outlook=Acadia, Enclave=Traverse) The Outlook is gone and they are using up the leftover rear hatch/taillight pieces (HA) on the Acadia's.

There were also rumors of getting rid of the Terrain or making it smaller.

The other longstanding rumor around the plant and seems to be resurfacing is that the SRX is moving over to LAMBDA platform and will be built at LDT.  I can see this rumor coming to reality.  This would be the 3rd platform that SRX has been on (first CTS, then Equinox, and now Lambda).  We shall see, the next 3 years should have a lot of changes occurring.
MingGOBlue08

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2014, 02:45:50 PM »

The other longstanding rumor around the plant and seems to be resurfacing is that the SRX is moving over to LAMBDA platform and will be built at LDT.  I can see this rumor coming to reality.  This would be the 3rd platform that SRX has been on (first CTS, then Equinox, and now Lambda).  We shall see, the next 3 years should have a lot of changes occurring.

We have to see. There has been all of this back and forth on this vehicle.

http://wot.motortrend.com/1405_cadillac_ditches_plan_for_large_three_row_crossover.html

Current
Tech Package and Sunroof

Departed...
08 Ming Blue Enclave CXL AWD w/ENT Pack #4 (Chromes/Lux/DriverConf/Roof/Trailer Pack
02 Infrared Escalade AWD
gostate

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2014, 03:20:22 PM »

We have to see. There has been all of this back and forth on this vehicle.

http://wot.motortrend.com/1405_cadillac_ditches_plan_for_large_three_row_crossover.html
The article kinda contradicts itself saying no large crossover but then "For now, Cadillacís SUV lineup continues with the five-passenger SRX and the truck-based 2015 Escalade and Escalade ESV. WardsAuto reports that a new Cadillac crossover riding on GMís Theta/Lambda architecture is on the way, and will likely be a small with two-rows of seating, serving as a sportier alternative to the SRX. That same platform will also underpin the next-generation Enclave, Acadia, and Traverse."  Makes me wonder if they are going to combine the theta and lambda platforms and have a long wheel base model and short wheel base model like they used to do with the minivans.
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2014, 10:38:16 PM »

The article kinda contradicts itself saying no large crossover but then "For now, Cadillacís SUV lineup continues with the five-passenger SRX and the truck-based 2015 Escalade and Escalade ESV. WardsAuto reports that a new Cadillac crossover riding on GMís Theta/Lambda architecture is on the way, and will likely be a small with two-rows of seating, serving as a sportier alternative to the SRX. That same platform will also underpin the next-generation Enclave, Acadia, and Traverse."  Makes me wonder if they are going to combine the theta and lambda platforms and have a long wheel base model and short wheel base model like they used to do with the minivans.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are correct about the upcoming platform change.

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
kidsenclave
Enclave GOD!

Trying to please 100% of people 100% of the time.

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2017, 09:21:44 PM »

Didn't know where the best place to post this, so I picked this thread.  Anyone who toured with us remember the man who gave us the tour, at least in 2010, Lyle?  Just found out tonight from someone who works at the plant that he passed away last year from brain cancer.  This was sad news for sure!  He was a great man who welcomed us and helped me plan our tours we took there.  Here is the obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lsj/obituary.aspx?pid=180591531

Cry

Traded in June 9th 2016: 2009 Enclave CX FWD 8 passenger, silver green metallic, ebony cloth, driver's conf. package, tow package.  (Was an order, built July 28th 2008, delivered  July 31st 2008)

Currently have:
2016 Impala 2LT V6, since June 9th 2016

1972 Pontiac GTO.  Owned since 1998
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2017, 09:29:00 PM »

I'm sorry to hear this. Though I didn't go on the tour, it's sad to hear.

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
cfedor
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2017, 09:43:04 PM »

Saddened. When are we setting up another tour?

HIS: 2008 Enclave CXL AWD Red Jewel/Titanium Leather, Premium package 19" Chrome 7-spoke, AM/FM/CD/DVD/NAV 10 speaker Bose, LED upgrades inside and out.  124K Miles

HERS: 2009 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD Black/Tan Loaded. 93K Miles
kidsenclave
Enclave GOD!

Trying to please 100% of people 100% of the time.

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2017, 10:09:58 PM »

Saddened. When are we setting up another tour?
If I find someone else through my contacts at work who can put me in touch with someone in charge at the plant, I'll let you all know.

Traded in June 9th 2016: 2009 Enclave CX FWD 8 passenger, silver green metallic, ebony cloth, driver's conf. package, tow package.  (Was an order, built July 28th 2008, delivered  July 31st 2008)

Currently have:
2016 Impala 2LT V6, since June 9th 2016

1972 Pontiac GTO.  Owned since 1998
MingGOBlue08

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: April 12, 2017, 10:04:22 AM »

Didn't know where the best place to post this, so I picked this thread.  Anyone who toured with us remember the man who gave us the tour, at least in 2010, Lyle?  Just found out tonight from someone who works at the plant that he passed away last year from brain cancer.  This was sad news for sure!  He was a great man who welcomed us and helped me plan our tours we took there.  Here is the obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lsj/obituary.aspx?pid=180591531

Cry

That's too bad. I remember speaking with him. He seemed like a nice guy and knew his stuff. I had a great time on the tours that I went on. Great memories.

Current
Tech Package and Sunroof

Departed...
02 Infrared Escalade AWD
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories