Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
February 21, 2017, 01:50:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for something smaller than the Enclave? Check out the all new Cadillac SRX at http://www.SRXForum.net

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official XM RENEWAL Thread!!  (Read 277545 times, 939 Replies)
MRBUICK
#1 BUICK FANATIC / ENCLAVE GOD
Global Moderator
Enclave GOD!

Location: "GLOBAL MODERATOR" "Resident Buick Cheerleader" and proud of it! from NJ

« on: August 23, 2007, 09:14:09 AM »

My 90 day XM service will be expiring in a few weeks. Does XM contact you directly for renewal? Huh?

MRBUICK/MODERATOR
08 Enclave CXL(Red Jewel)
05 Lesabre Limited Celebration Edition(Crimson Pearl)
92 Mercedes 500SL(Signal Red)
90 Cadillac Brougham d'Elegance(Black)
76 Cadillac Sedan deVille(Firethorn)
72 Chevrolet Monte Carlo(Black)
11 Ford Focus SEL(Black)
RIP 85/95 PARK AVES & 06LUCERNE
zman
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 10:18:25 AM »

All they sent me was offers in the mail to re-up at the full price.  Mine actually expired at the end of July.  I have not heard anything additional from them yet.  I know people have been able to call and get the $77 annual rate with some success.  I never tried.  If I  don't get some sort of special offer in the next month or so I may call and try to renew at the lower rate.

2011 Enclave CXL-2 AWD Gray Green Metallic/Ebony, 20" Chrome Wheels, Sunroof, Trailering Package, Splash Guards, Engine Block Heater

2014 Audi A4 Prestige - Ice Silver Metallic
xrayman

CXL AWD Platinum

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 10:27:16 AM »

I've never had XM.  What is the "full price".  Are there different packages?  Do people think that the renewal price will go down the longer you put them off?   Huh?

Platinum, CXL, AWD, Drk Titanium Leather, Nav.,7 passenger seating, Lux Pkg, Driver Conf. Pkg, Sunroof, Trailer Tow Pkg, 19" Chrome Wheels.  Ordered 5/21/07, built 8/13/07, delivery 8/29/07
zman
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 10:58:47 AM »

I don't recall, but it is $120-$130 annually if I recall correctly, as opposed to the $77 "special".  I think there is only one level of service, but once again I am not certain.

2011 Enclave CXL-2 AWD Gray Green Metallic/Ebony, 20" Chrome Wheels, Sunroof, Trailering Package, Splash Guards, Engine Block Heater

axiama
Global Moderator
Enclave Freak

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 11:10:25 AM »

I don't recall, but it is $120-$130 annually if I recall correctly, as opposed to the $77 "special".  I think there is only one level of service, but once again I am not certain.

I think you're right.  My husband bought this for me for my birthday.  No discounts here.   Bang Head

2013 Iridium Metallic Convenience Package

2010 Midnight Blue Lacrosse CXS
MRBUICK
Global Moderator
Enclave GOD!

Location: "GLOBAL MODERATOR" "Resident Buick Cheerleader" and proud of it! from NJ

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 11:16:32 AM »

I am enjoying the XM because I can get 40's and 50's music that I can't get anywhere else (except my CD's of course). Being new with XM, is it normal for the signal to fade when under bridges? The last time I experienced that was with AM radio.

MRBUICK/MODERATOR
11 Ford Focus SEL(Black)
dfc101a

Acura Convert

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 11:42:08 AM »

A few notes on XM.  The regular cost is $12.95 a month and there are very small discounts for signing up for a full year, two years, and three years.  You will not likely get a post card with the $77 offer and will have to call in and ask for.  The $77 deal is the best deal I have found over the past few years (used to be $60).  Wait for the 90 day trial to end because once the $77 year long rate is paid the service date starts at that moment.

As for service, in major metro areas there are ground repeaters that limit the amount of outages by sending a FM-ish signal, but for the most part, your vehicle needs to have a clear view of the sky (southern view I believe) to receive the satellite signal.  In more remote areas, there are no repeaters.

Hope that helps.

2008 Enclave CXL AWD
Cocoa Exterior, 8 Passenger Cashmere Interior
All Options Except Trailer Pkg

Replaced 2001 MDX
axiama
Global Moderator
Enclave Freak

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 11:58:35 AM »

I haven't had trouble on bridges but I lose the signal completely in tunnels and parking garages.  That seems consistent with dfc101a's post.

MRBUICK
Global Moderator
Enclave GOD!

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 11:59:49 AM »

I haven't had trouble on bridges but I lose the signal completely in tunnels and parking garages.  That seems consistent with dfc101a's post.

not ON bridges, but UNDER bridges.....

MRBUICK/MODERATOR
11 Ford Focus SEL(Black)
coop
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 12:20:02 PM »

As I logged in this morning to www.xmradio.com to listen online. I noticed some promo of $6.99/mo in addition you can buy a Delphi XM portable radio for $9.99, when I tried accessing it, it asked for phone number to validate i m an exisiting customer, I bailed out at that time, since I still want to enjoy my 2 more months of freebie.

I m new to XM, this could also mean you pay 6.99/mo for that second receiver in addition to your regular $12.95/mo.

here is the link http://friends.xmradio.com/accesskey_smsverify.aspx?kid=5196204EFD

Proud owner since 7/21/07 - Red Jewel CXL, AWD, Ent #4, Moonroof, Driver Conf, Lux Pkg,Trailer Pack, Cargo stuff,  Ebony Interior, 7 Passenger.
axiama
Global Moderator
Enclave Freak

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 12:22:44 PM »

not ON bridges, but UNDER bridges.....

WHAT?  You have an Enclave that works under bridges?  I live in New Orleans.  I need one of those!   Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 12:32:49 PM by axiama » Logged

dfc101a

Acura Convert

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 12:26:27 PM »

As I logged in this morning to www.xmradio.com to listen online. I noticed some promo of $6.99/mo in addition you can buy a Delphi XM portable radio for $9.99, when I tried accessing it, it asked for phone number to validate i m an exisiting customer, I bailed out at that time, since I still want to enjoy my 2 more months of freebie.

I m new to XM, this could also mean you pay 6.99/mo for that second receiver in addition to your regular $12.95/mo.

here is the link http://friends.xmradio.com/accesskey_smsverify.aspx?kid=5196204EFD

Yes, the $6.99 per month is for a second receiver and is in addition to the $12.95 on your first reciever.  XM is being a bit generous in calling it a promo as I think the regular price for reciever #2 and up is $7.99.

2008 Enclave CXL AWD
Cocoa Exterior, 8 Passenger Cashmere Interior
All Options Except Trailer Pkg

Replaced 2001 MDX
buick59

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 12:55:22 PM »

When my 3 months on my Lucerne was about to expire last summer I did receive a call from XM and bought a 1 year subscription.  On the Enclave, I was only a couple of days away from expiration but had received no call.  I called them and because this is my 2nd vehicle it will be $6.99/ month for the Enclave and the regular $12.95/ month for the Lucerne. It is worth it.  I love XM.  They even replay some of the old Casey Kasem American top 40 shows from the 70's and 80's.  Great memories.
Smokin SRX
Enclave Freak

'08 CXL, AWD, All Opts except DVD, eng htr.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 01:06:19 PM »

I  guess  I'm  odd  man  out!  I  will  not  renew,  as  the  music  I  like  is  only  played  inconsistently  w/  much  talk.  It  cuts  out  whenever  I'm  under  heavy  foliage  (nauturally  !)  or  tunnels  etc.    I  think  it's  overpriced  for  what  I  get  out  of  it.    If  you  guys  can  get  it  for  $69  year...that  would  be  a  fair  deal  to  most,  for  what  it  delivers!

I  do  like  pressing  the  steering  button  and  saying  " radio,  6,  XM  "  and  it  goes   to  the  60's  oldies  channel.  But  I  only  enjoy  about  35%  of  what  they  play.  I'll  stick  w/  my  CD/ Ipod. 

but  that's  what  makes  horse races!! :Smiley

I  love  my  Enclave!!
jacko

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 05:25:11 PM »

My 90 day XM service will be expiring in a few weeks. Does XM contact you directly for renewal? Huh?

I just renewed my XM. If you renew before the free trial is up you don't have to pay the activation fee. I would suggest you renew online at www.xmtestdrive.com and click on SUBSCRIBE NOW. If you sign up for the 3 or more year plan and pay with a credit card you save 23%, or over $100. I would avoid the toll free phone number as it gives you customer service in India (somewhat of a language barrier). You need your XM RADIO ID NUMBER. I believe it's available by tuning to XM channel 0. The service is transferable if you trade to another vehicle. Also, if you're a subscriber you can listen to XM Online at no charge. I am listening right now through Windows Media Center.

There is an information packet in the Enclave Owner's Manual folder.

I really like XM because I live in a rather small city and the radio options are pretty slim. You do lose the signal occasionally, but it's digital and really quite good.

2008 Enclave CX AWD, Platinum/Ebony, Drivers Confidence Pkg., 8 Passenger
axiama
Global Moderator
Enclave Freak

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 05:56:23 PM »

Thanks for posting this.  I've been wanting to look into listening online but I hadn't made the time yet.    Clap2

comiccolec

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 11:47:54 PM »

Activation fee can be waived.  I told them I was refered by the "Opie and Anthony (O&A)" show can they waive the activation, they said no problem.  I did this on both of my current radios.
If you want a discount you let the service run out and their promotions department will send you an email, or mailing inviting you back for a discount.

2008 Buick Enclave FWD Gold Mist Metallic, Cashmere w/ Cocoa Accents Interior, Entertainment Package #3 Luxury Package, Driver Confidence Package, 8 seater, 19" Chromed 7 Spoke wheels, Sunroof, Color Match Running Boards, 2way Remote Start
zman
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 09:07:31 PM »

Just an FYI:

I just got my renewal card in the mail.  Our service expired at the end of July.  It is for $77 for one year with the $14.99 activation fee waived.  It says "Come Back to XM".  The phone number listed is 866-409-1096.  The "Savings Code" is the radio ID, and mine says there is an expiration date of October 11th.

It looks like they give you about 2 months post expiration to bite on the full price deal and then finally dangle the $77 carrot.  I think I'll bite.

MRBUICK
Global Moderator
Enclave GOD!

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 08:49:14 AM »

My XM expired 2 weeks ago. I like the XM, but not at full price. I will wait for a better deal. I loaded the CD changer, and don't seem to miss the XM for now. With over 250 CD's in my collection, I have most everything I like anyway.

MRBUICK/MODERATOR
11 Ford Focus SEL(Black)
admin
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 11:05:06 AM »

All you have to do with wait until your trial or subscription expires, then call XM and tell them you want the $77/yr promotion. The promotion code is 'ZWINBACK' if they bother to ask you. They'll put you on hold for a few minutes to "ask their supervisor" but as long as you've allowed your trial to expire, there's been pretty much a 100% success rate on this over at acadiaforum. I did it just a few months ago, no issues. You can't get this deal until your subscription/trial is over though. Don't even call one day early. It's a "Win Back lost subscribers" promotion.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories