Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
October 24, 2014, 10:43:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Enclave Sales Numbers:     Mar: 4,899      YTD Total: 14,445     All Time: 187,013   (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wierd A/C issue.........anyone seen this one?  (Read 8018 times, 6 Replies)
civileng68

Ignore
« on: May 05, 2011, 05:35:51 PM »

So it's rare that this happens but it happened again today and I'm curious if anyone has any opinion. i know I can take it in but we're about to go out of town and I dont think I have time to get it in and back out.

Basically the A/C works fine and well, but every now and then if we hit a button that separates the temps from the driver to passenger, suddenly the passenger side A/C doesnt work at all. Its warm air blowing through (warm air from the outside). Oddly, as the driver, i still have A/C but the passenger side (literally it splits in the middle) has none.

Anyone have any quick fixes or knowledge of something to check out?
Blue Oval

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 06:49:03 PM »

Same thing happened with the Yukon I traded in.  The computer was reprogrammed and all was well for a couple of months.  The problem returned and the same solution - reprogram.  The second reprogramming only lasted about 6 weeks and then (I think) the temp controller was replaced and all was well till I traded it in. 
gig229

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 01:41:52 AM »

If you still have AC but your passenger doesn't, there's a problem with the actuator or the mix door binding.  The Enclaves have 4 actuators (which are motors that turn the AC blend doors): 1 for the temperature (blend the cold air from the AC and warm air from the heater) for the driver and another for the passenger; one for the "mode" which moves a "blend door" between defrost, panel, and floor vents; and the last one for recirculated or outside air.  If any of these doors are binding, it will hard for the actuator to turn them resulting in an error code.  If the actuator is burnt out, the doors will not turn.

The panels underneath both sides of the dashboard can be removed which will enable you to see if the actuators turn.  On the driver's side, you'll be able to see the driver's temperature blend actuator.  On the passenger side, you'll be able to see the rest.  If you look underneath [the passenger side] with a flashlight near the center console, you'll be able to see the passenger temperature blend actuator; it's the one in front.  Just turn on your AC and change the passenger's temperature; you should see it move.  If it doesn't, the actuator or door may be at fault.

One note: since I had my evaporator replaced, my "mode" had started to give me trouble.  Well, the dealership found that it's the HVAC case; the mode door is binding.  They already replaced the actuator and computer module but the problem persisted.  They've had many Enclaves and Acadias come in with the problem as well as leaking evaporators.

When I checked the parts, there were new part numbers for the HVAC case in 2008, 2009, and 2010.  Looks like GM may have redesigned the part because of the problems.

2009 Enclave CX Gold Mist FWD, Bose stereo, Driver confidence pkg.
Buick Customer Service
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 12:55:30 PM »

civileng68,

gig229 has provided some great tech information on the air conditioning for the Buick Enclaves.  With the information that he provided for you, do you think that you will take the vehicle in before you leave for your trip?

Michelle P., Buick Customer Service

~Buick Customer Service

my.buick.com
civileng68

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 11:20:29 PM »

civileng68,

gig229 has provided some great tech information on the air conditioning for the Buick Enclaves.  With the information that he provided for you, do you think that you will take the vehicle in before you leave for your trip?

Michelle P., Buick Customer Service

Yes, I'm going to take it in Monday. I'll have to have it back by Wednesday, so we'll see what happens. I've personally be 100% dissatisfied with my current service center. To be honest.............my vehicle has had numerous issues that are frustrating (no engine issues, mostly electrical) and I've had to go as far as to get my attorney involved on the back-end. We haven't made a move yet but have collected data to see how far this can go before action must be taken.  I know I have a warranty but I'm beginning to get worried about electrical problems after the warranty expires.

Shortly after I got my vehicle I had MAJOR problems with water leaking into the cabin through a design flaw in the Enclave. The design was fixed and I was told that the damage was fixed inside the vehicle but I'm not so sure. We'll see. Just in frustration........I've had numerous problems with lights burning out (the car is only an 08) and some they fix and within two days I have the same problem. Nothing more frustrating than leaving my vehicle with them for three days to fix an air-bag light, which still is lit after being "fixed", a daytime running light burned out, and is burned out again after just being "fixed", a new nav system having to be installed after the original failed, now the molding coming off, a burned out passenger mirror turn signal which required a new mirror to be installed, a burned out rear tail light, molding coming off on the top of the vehicle, fixed and coming off......again, electric lumbar not working on the driver side, the rear Aux doesn't work on the rear screen unless you use the remote (can't be done by selecting the button on the nav), dead battery shortly after water problems, A/C went out after water problems, randomly the passenger AC doesn't work.

Sorry, but I guess seeing a Buick person ask me on here made me feel the need to show all I've dealt with and why I try to avoid going back for service. Its been a headache for me. Unfortunately most of these problems came up after the Lemon Law expired (go figure), so I've simply been working with my lawyer to keep track of the problems for a future need if it arises. I'm not a lawsuit person. i just want to make sure all is documented as I'm very worried about what happens after my warranty expires.

Sorry to vent..........but, I came from nothing, and worked my butt off to become successful at 29 years old and finally being in a situation to have a vehicle I've dreamed about. I wanted to have a nice semi-luxury vehicle I could pay cash for and have a large enough vehicle for myself and my child to travel in.  I looked at the Enclave and the Audi's but the Enclave won out due to size inside and noise reduction. I paid cash for the vehicle and was on top of the world............only to have been let down due to these chronic problems, only to have to listen to my wife constantly remind me that our little Hyundai Sonta which we also paid cash for as our daily car has never had a single problem nor been in the shop for repairs since the day we bought it in 2004.

Sorry...........................frustrated.
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 12:52:47 PM »

Your problems showed up a bit too late for the Lemon Law, just as Sailfish's 2007 Saturn Outlook had. I guess that you can add your car to the list of "Latent Lemons". Oh No

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
Sailfish
Enclave GOD!

Volunteer with Sheltie rescue organizations

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 12:59:13 PM »

Your problems showed up a bit too late for the Lemon Law, just as Sailfish's 2007 Saturn Outlook had. I guess that you can add your car to the list of "Latent Lemons". Oh No

No way!!!!  BUMMER I feel for you civileng68 it seems as if the 07's are definitely falling apart as they age (not so gracefully).  flaming mad

11 Enclave CXL2 WDT FWD 20" Wheels build 11/10 purchase 2/11
05 Nissan 350Z convertible - husband's
03 Saturn VUE V6 AWD - was my Mother carry around vehicle

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories