Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
September 20, 2014, 03:58:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: program remote start key fob  (Read 7267 times, 12 Replies)
REDCXL

Ignore
« on: May 13, 2011, 05:48:54 PM »

I searched forum, owners manual and onstar and could not find an answer.
My '11 CXL1 has remote start from the key fob. All other functions on fob work. I can remote start using my droid.
Dealer thought programming instructions were in owners manual, no joy!
I am scheduled to see the dealer on Thursday, but if I can avoid a downtown trip, mo better.
Is there a program procedure to activate the remote start fromthe key fob??? Help

11 Ming Blue AWD CXL1 Owned 22 months 10,000 miles.
zman
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 05:54:09 PM »

No clue on the programming but are you hitting the lock button on the remote prior to trying the remote start?

2011 Enclave CXL-2 AWD Gray Green Metallic/Ebony, 20" Chrome Wheels, Sunroof, Trailering Package, Splash Guards, Engine Block Heater

2014 Audi A4 Prestige - Ice Silver Metallic
hirschaj

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 06:00:38 PM »

You should not have to program or activate anything. Are you hitting the lock button before holding down the remote start button for at least 2 seconds? If so you should check out the DIC programming options and see if somehow yours is disabled there.

11 Enclave CXL1 AWD Cocoa Metallic
REDCXL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 06:10:23 PM »

Thank you Hirch.
I had not seen anywhere that I must hold down the lock button for 2 sec. Did it and worked fine.
told dealer service writer where I found the answer.
Onstar had hooked me to Buick customer service, and neither they nor the service writer was aware of this, or just assumed I hd done this. This forum comes through again! Cheers

rbarrios
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 06:34:05 PM »

the back of your key fob- should have instructions that show

START: has the icon for a 'lock'  THEN: 'Circle Arrow' icon  2 SEC.

STOP: 'Circle Arrow' icon

DETAILS: has the icon for a book.

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    23,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-   80,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
rbarrios
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 06:35:50 PM »

ohhh and 2011 FOBS- can no longer be programmed via the DIC.

2011 vehicles- require a dealer visit to reprogramm FOBS.

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    23,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-   80,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-173,000
REDCXL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 07:51:27 PM »

the back of your key fob- should have instructions that show

START: has the icon for a 'lock'  THEN: 'Circle Arrow' icon  2 SEC.

STOP: 'Circle Arrow' icon

DETAILS: has the icon for a book.

You are right.  I never saw that before.  Of course it is printed so lightly and small, that it took a VERY bright light and magnifying glass to read.

kidsenclave
Enclave GOD!

Trying to please 100% of people 100% of the time.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 10:30:52 AM »

You should not have to program or activate anything. Are you hitting the lock button before holding down the remote start button for at least 2 seconds? If so you should check out the DIC programming options and see if somehow yours is disabled there.
Unless it's different from my 09, you do not need to hold the lock for 2 seconds, just push and release, then HOLD the start button for about 4 seconds.  (Like I said, unless it's different on newer models).  Just wonder why they don't make the start button like other remote starts and just make it two pushes without two different buttons involved, and the holding....but this again may be our government in action, forcing car makers to have so many safety features involed with a neat option, that it makes it harder to use than it should be.  For example, when starting our Bonneville with an aftermarket remote start unit, you just push the button twice, and it has a light on the fob that shows you it responded with your push of the button.  If you are in range, you are all set.  But with the factory GM units, if you can't see your vehicle, you have to assume it got the signal by counting to 4 seconds.  I have not had any luck remote starting my Enclave when I can't see it, or hear it in the garage start.  Oh well, this is yet again something we never had years ago, but when we get it now, we (I) complain that it's not perfect. 

2009 Enclave CX FWD 8 passenger, silver green metallic, ebony cloth, driver's conf. package, tow package.  (Was an order, built July 28th 2008, delivered to us July 31st 2008)
2014 Ford Escape SE 4wd sunset, wife's vehicle, our first Ford
1972 Pontiac GTO.  Owned since 1998

GO GREEN!
cableguy
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 10:49:26 AM »

You are correct Kids...I think he got confused when writing his reply he was so excited blob

1. Hit Lock Button (no need to hold)
2. Hold RS Button for 2 seconds

All model years are the same thumbs up

2010 Diamond White Tricoat Enclave CXL2 AWD loaded with NAV; DVD Entertainment; 20" Chrome Wheels; Sun Roof w/Rear Skylight; Luxury, Convenience, Hit the Road & Towing Packages plus 3M paint protection.  Tan Leather with Captain's Chairs in 2nd row.

"Old" Clave was an 08 CXL AWD Loaded w/34K mile
REDCXL

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 11:41:53 AM »

Kid
Do you have a smart phone? You can start your E from Timbuktu!
Thanx again for the info, all of you forumites. I did not see anything in the owners manual on locking first, nor did the Buick customer service guy onstar hooked me up with, nor did the service writer at my dealership.
I do realize, after the fact, the icons are onback of the fob, but not easily read.

kidsenclave
Enclave GOD!

Trying to please 100% of people 100% of the time.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 01:50:05 PM »

Kid
Do you have a smart phone? You can start your E from Timbuktu!
Thanx again for the info, all of you forumites. I did not see anything in the owners manual on locking first, nor did the Buick customer service guy onstar hooked me up with, nor did the service writer at my dealership.
I do realize, after the fact, the icons are onback of the fob, but not easily read.
Nope, I have the cheapest cell phone you can buy that still has Bluetooth, it's an LG TracFone prepay.  I use my cell phone just a few times a week...it's just with me in case I need it usually.  Between my wife's prepay phone, and mine we pay about $35 per month..... CHEAP!  That's the one thing we go cheap on.  Sure, I'll hire someone for things like painting, lawn fertilizing, car detailing,  I use an automatic car wash, and we buy brand new cars.....but as for cell phones, that's my cheap spot.  Happy

(maybe when our daughters get old enough to have cell phones, we'll switch to a plan and the cool phones)

EDIT:  Here's what the 09 manual says:

Press and release "lock symbol", then
immediately press and hold
"start symbol" until the parking lamps flash.
If the vehicle’s lights can not
be seen, press and hold "start symbol" for at
least four seconds. The
vehicle’s doors lock. When the
vehicle starts, the parking
lamps turn on and remain on
while the vehicle is running.
Pressing "start symbol" again, after the
vehicle has started, shuts the
vehicle off.
If it is the first remote start since
the vehicle has been driven,
repeat these steps while the
engine is still running, to extend
the time by 10 minutes for the
engine to continue to run. Remote
start can be extended one time.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 02:01:08 PM by kidsenclave » Logged

2009 Enclave CX FWD 8 passenger, silver green metallic, ebony cloth, driver's conf. package, tow package.  (Was an order, built July 28th 2008, delivered to us July 31st 2008)
2014 Ford Escape SE 4wd sunset, wife's vehicle, our first Ford
1972 Pontiac GTO.  Owned since 1998

GO GREEN!
Buick Customer Service
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 10:23:15 AM »

REDCXL,

I am glad that you were able to get your answer on here.  I love the members of this forum!  They are full of knowledge and eager to help where they can.

Michelle P., Buick Customer Service

~Buick Customer Service

my.buick.com
Buick Customer Service
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 11:38:59 AM »

kidsenclave,

Thank you for sharing your experience with your key fob.  I am sure that there are many on the forum that will be able to use your information.

I have read the 2009 Buick Enclave owner's manual about the Remote Keyless Entry System on page 2-3.  There is some interesting information on this page.  For example, the Remote Keyless Entry system operates on a radio frequency that is subject to Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Rules and with Industry Canada.  With reading this information, I see that the remote start system must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.  So I am assuming that if there are frequencies that are causing interference, a person may not get the desired operation from their remote.

I have also found on page 2-3 of the 2009 owner's manual that the transmitter functions should work up to 195 feet or 60 m away from the vehicle.  As written above, there are other conditions which can affect the performance of the transmitter.

I hope the above information helps.

Michelle P., Buick Customer Service

~Buick Customer Service

my.buick.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories