Enclaveforum.net Bookmark and Share
May 29, 2017, 09:12:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum Tip: See that little gray camera icon in a member's post? Click it to go directly to their Photo Gallery

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Audio stopped suddenly - no turn signals, radio - nothing! HELP!  (Read 14768 times, 12 Replies)
JoanS20

Ignore
« on: July 25, 2011, 03:25:41 PM »

2008 Enclave CXL; 74K miles- driving up the street and the radio just went silent. No sound at all, including turn signals or navigation guidance. has anyone had this problem?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:29:16 PM by JoanS20 » Logged
asgard

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 03:30:50 PM »

Yes

I had a similar experience on my 2010 . The audio did not go silent - it just made constant discharging sounds. The turn signal was silent for the first 5 flashes then started to tick - at that point the audio discharge stopped.
I cannot help you much with a solution other than say my car had the head unit changed twice, the amp changed, the battery changed and in the end was taken back by my dealer .
I think it all goes through the BCM but not 100%

Maybe someone else can help
rbarrios
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 04:14:35 PM »

as you found out- the turn signal sounds are played thru the speakers...
since youre radio went out- no turn signal sounds.

try pulling the fuse for the radio for a minute or two and see if it resets.

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    60,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-  127,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-180,000
JoanS20

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 06:32:40 PM »

try pulling the fuse for the radio for a minute or two and see if it resets.

Hi rbarrios! well i didn't get a chance to try this -- all of  sudden, when i was driving home this evening, the sound came back on - just as suddenly as it went off! Hopefully this will be the last of it, but i'll be in touch if it continues to be a problem. SO  appreciate your quick response!
medicrxdoc

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 06:39:09 PM »

I have the same sporadic problem.  There is a thread on the Acadia forum that it appears to be the amplifier...which was also posted to be on backorder (so it may be correct that this is the problem).
Buick Customer Service
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 09:49:22 AM »

Dear JoanS20,

I have read about your situation with your Enclave.  I understand how frustrating this must be.

I see that members of the forum have provided you with information to help you try to figure out what is going.  If you experience this again and the things that have been mentioned don't work, it wouldn't hurt to contact personnel in the service department at your local Buick dealership.  I know this is the "dreaded" take it to the dealership line, but there are a few General Motors dealerships within my area that do provide ideas of what might be going on with a vehicle when they are told that the vehicle is out of warranty or something like that nature.

Sincerely,
Michelle, Buick Customer Service

Have you checked into Buick Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.buick.com!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
ariesfool

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 07:14:40 PM »

Same thing happened to my 2008 Buick recently. So Monday I took it to Buick service center in Burlingame, CA. They charged me $285 just to look at it. Then they came back today and said it would be $1300 to replace radio. That's the only solution they offered me. I declined and was out $285 for nothing! If this is a known defect Buick should fix it for free or do a recall.

Dear JoanS20,

I have read about your situation with your Enclave.  I understand how frustrating this must be.

I see that members of the forum have provided you with information to help you try to figure out what is going.  If you experience this again and the things that have been mentioned don't work, it wouldn't hurt to contact personnel in the service department at your local Buick dealership.  I know this is the "dreaded" take it to the dealership line, but there are a few General Motors dealerships within my area that do provide ideas of what might be going on with a vehicle when they are told that the vehicle is out of warranty or something like that nature.

Sincerely,
Michelle, Buick Customer Service

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 07:16:35 PM by ariesfool » Logged
rbarrios
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 12:16:20 PM »

just buy a refurbished unit from ebay- and then take it in to be programmed with your VIN.

and im sure it will be less than $1300.

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L -    60,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L-  127,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-180,000
Buick Customer Service
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 06:07:08 PM »

Same thing happened to my 2008 Buick recently. So Monday I took it to Buick service center in Burlingame, CA. They charged me $285 just to look at it. Then they came back today and said it would be $1300 to replace radio. That's the only solution they offered me. I declined and was out $285 for nothing! If this is a known defect Buick should fix it for free or do a recall.

Hi ariesfool,

We are sorry to hear about the audio system in your vehicle and certainly understand how this is frustrating. Please know that we do take your feedback seriously and have documented this interaction within our system. We would be happy to look further into this situation, please feel free to send us a private message.

Best,

Cristina
Buick Customer

Have you checked into Buick Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.buick.com!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
chico201

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 10:39:29 PM »

had same happen to my 2008 , opened up the power cords connected to all doors , had 1 that had water in it causing short, shook out water let if hang for 30min , plugged them back in & bingo all working again!!
small batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 06:23:09 AM »

I wouldn't trust that diagnostic with that much money you are giving up. My Silverdao has the Bose system with navigation and I have alwasy had the popping sound and the sound out the speakers would blip out. My dealer replaced the nav unit under warranty and that didn't fix it. My warranty is now up and some time ago I took it to another dearer. The tech there ask me to keep a pair of earphones in the truck for the next time it does it. He said if I am losing sound back there that it rules out the amp. If that is the case I would either have a speaker problem (most likely) or an issue with a wire in the truck.

1300 dollars is a lot of money to gamble.

IMO GM should be smarter about this issue! It's cost them XXX amount in warranty claims.
rjdriver

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 07:28:48 PM »

"IMO GM should be smarter about this issue! It's cost them XXX amount in warranty claims"
The hell with warranty claims, my 2008 POS is going to cost them a customer. I swear with all the problems I have had with mine I will never buy another GM product period! someone should have told me that I would almost have to buy it twice  flaming mad

From the land of ice and snow, where we have 8 months of winter and 4 months of bad sledding!
CLX AWD Gold Mist Metallic.....Loaded!
nan123

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 10:59:08 AM »

this happened to me too once!  (2011 enclave cxl) 
I believe it doesn't like it if you don't put on your seat-belt right away.
I stopped the car, turned it off.  Put on my seat belt and turned on the car again.
It then worked fine.
Just like a computer, it needed a reboot.  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories