Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
October 25, 2014, 03:44:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Broken Transmission Wave Plate  (Read 22441 times, 117 Replies)
Buick Customer Service
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2011, 04:01:23 PM »

@Sailfish, Steve must have a tougher skin than I do LOL   facepalm  Just joking around with ya.  They are a good dealership and did right by you.  I bet he would be upset if you ended up going some place else though.  LOL

Nope, I am not the best.  Just me!!!!   :Smiley

Michelle, Buick Customer Service

~Buick Customer Service

my.buick.com
Sailfish
Enclave GOD!

Volunteer with Sheltie rescue organizations

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2011, 05:17:16 AM »

@Sailfish, Steve must have a tougher skin than I do LOL   facepalm  Just joking around with ya.  They are a good dealership and did right by you.  I bet he would be upset if you ended up going some place else though.  LOL

Nope, I am not the best.  Just me!!!!   :Smiley

Michelle, Buick Customer Service

LOL!!!!  I set the ground rule with Steve the first time I walked into their service department.  I told him that I bet I knew as much if not more about my 07 Outlook than he or his service techs did and he would be wise not to pull anything over on me.

Poor fella he still shakes his head when I mention things that I have learned on HERE (the other lambda boards included).  He did tell me that I am a rare person when it comes to the knowledge I have about my own vehicle.  Grin   LOL I think he meant "woman" with the knowledge but he was wise to not distinguish between the two....

Seriously though Steve is a great guy and, yea I am chuckling, except for the last experience where he forgot a couple things my trust in them is still 99.9%.  (no one gets 100% out of me).  

I know that when I take the Enclave into Reichard next month for another oil change I will have his totally undivided attention.  Grin

Heck I am even going to get him to take me to lunch, which he said he would do last time, except they finished the work on the Enclave before his lunch hour.  LOL....anybody want to be me on that?

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 05:20:55 AM by Sailfish » Logged

11 Enclave CXL2 WDT FWD 20" Wheels build 11/10 purchase 2/11
05 Nissan 350Z convertible - husband's
03 Saturn VUE V6 AWD - was my Mother carry around vehicle

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein
Sailfish
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2011, 05:59:11 PM »

Well, I got the Enclave back and the transmission seems as good as new.  The following is what was on the ticket:

Found Code P2715 set for PC Solenoid 4 Stuck On and P0700 set due to TCM fault.  Removed transmission and completely disassembled.  Found 3.5.R Clutch Wave Spring(?) broken.  Replaced reaction sunshell, 3.5.R Wave Plate and Snap Ring, and Control Valve Body.  Disassembled Valve Body upper and lower for cleaning. Flushed transmission cooler lines.  Reassembled transmission and programmed TCM.  Parts replaced were:

24254103 - Plate
24237724 - Gasket
24262198 - Seal Kit
24243095 - Valve
88862156 - ATF Fluid
24223828 - Ring
24256292 - Gear
5089F - Brake Cle
89021677 - Gear Lube

I did get to talk to the transmission tech briefly who performed the rebuild and he has worked for Chevrolet dealership, a Land Rover dealership and most recently owned his own shop rebuilding heavy duty truck transmissions.  He said he got tired of "7 day work weeks" owning his own business and has been with this GMC dealership for a couple months.  He seemed very knowledgeable.  He pointed out to me the steering rack "rubbing/squeaking" and suggested I definitely go ahead and get that done so parts are ordered and I will get the steering rack rubbing/squeaking issue fixed next week.  

Thanks to all for your comments.....so far so good!

Thanks for listing all the parts and such that went into your vehicle so those of us who may experience this problem will know what to expect.  Fingers crossed that you will not have any more problems down the road.

Albert Einstein
2ksilverbullet

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2011, 01:01:17 PM »

I know this is an Enclave forum but found this thread when searching for the codes thrown on my '08 Outlook (AWD).  My wife called yesterday saying it was acting funny and not shifting right, and as she mentions this to me, the CEL came on.  When I got home from work, hooked my code reader up to it and pulled P0700 and P0776, looks to be a common (and unfortunate) issue with these cars.  She was able to make it home but I had to push it out of the garage, no reverse.  I've already ran into the water pump & steering rack issue, one of which I had to pay for because it was considered "a normal wear item".

Waiting for the tow truck to pick it up now...  Will update with more information on Monday.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:11:08 PM by 2ksilverbullet » Logged
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2011, 02:00:21 PM »

I know this is an Enclave forum but found this thread when searching for the codes thrown on my '08 Outlook (AWD).  My wife called yesterday saying it was acting funny and not shifting right, and as she mentions this to me, to CEL came on.  When I got home from work, hooked my code reader up to it and pulled P0700 and P0776, looks to be a common (and unfortunate) issue with these cars.  She was able to make it home but I had to push it out of the garage, no reverse.  I've already ran into the water pump & steering rack issue, one of which I had to pay for because it was considered "a normal wear item".

Waiting for the tow truck to pick it up now...  Will update with more information on Monday.

I am sorry to read about your lambda troubles. Which of the other two problems that you mentioned was repaired at your expense. Normally, the B2B would cover both issues. If you are past that warrantee's expiration, the drivetrain warranty would still cover the water pump.

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
2ksilverbullet

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2011, 02:10:42 PM »

You are 100% correct.   thumbs up

I paid just under a grand for power steering parts (steering gear cracked/leaking), water pump was replaced under the powertrain warranty.
FalconEddy
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2011, 04:19:01 PM »

You are 100% correct.   thumbs up

I paid just under a grand for power steering parts (steering gear cracked/leaking), water pump was replaced under the powertrain warranty.

Gold, That makes 11 we know about. Nine 2008's and Two 2011's. Whether or not the poll is filled out is superfluous. I have all the stats in my head. Seriously. However, I don't have this last gentleman's mileage. Incidentally, that's a trend within a trend.  Grin

. . Falcon

2008 Enclave CXL-OpalWhite/Cashmere-18" Granite Alloy GX1 Wheels w/Michelin P265/60R LTX M/S's-7 Passenger-Navigation Mods, DRL & HID Foglight Mods, First Series XBOX Installed 6/28/2011-Gaming for 4 in the Car!

. . .but, what do I know???
2ksilverbullet

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2011, 05:06:20 PM »

Gold, That makes 11 we know about. Nine 2008's and Two 2011's. Whether or not the poll is filled out is superfluous. I have all the stats in my head. Seriously. However, I don't have this last gentleman's mileage. Incidentally, that's a trend within a trend.  Grin

. . Falcon

Sorry about that, mileage is around 48k.

I didn't fill out the poll because I didn't want to skew it with my Outlooks info.  I can add the necessary data to it if you'd like.
FalconEddy
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2011, 06:32:59 PM »

Sorry about that, mileage is around 48k.

I didn't fill out the poll because I didn't want to skew it with my Outlooks info.  I can add the necessary data to it if you'd like.

Oh. ok.  Good choice. Just noticed. . . OUTLOOK, not Enclave.

Back to 10 total. Cheesy

. . Falcon

2008 Enclave CXL-OpalWhite/Cashmere-18" Granite Alloy GX1 Wheels w/Michelin P265/60R LTX M/S's-7 Passenger-Navigation Mods, DRL & HID Foglight Mods, First Series XBOX Installed 6/28/2011-Gaming for 4 in the Car!

GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2011, 06:38:17 PM »

Yep. But, my polls indicate only 4 (or 5, depending on which section).  Mope

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
2ksilverbullet

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2011, 07:43:09 PM »

2 days later (from when they confirmed the issue), car is fixed for nothing, and it was the 3/5/R wave plate.  My dealership has been great to deal with.

Heck, they even gave me a Cadillac DTS for a rental. I've never been given a rental worth more than the vehicle being fixed...   Cheers
john 070
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2011, 07:56:14 PM »

I've never been given a rental worth more than the vehicle being fixed...   Cheers

Happens all the time with BMW, people have 328i's which are entry level and they end up with 535s or X5s etc.  They don't want to get their cars back.  I've always felt the opposite, I hate the idea of the dealerships using my car for their personal errands (I saw this all the time in Alexadria, VA, techs taking customers' cars to lunch etc.).  I once got my car back with over 270 mi. more than when I dropped it off (they had it for over 2 1/2 weeks. I can only imagine what they did but what can I do pull a F Lee Bailey on them?)...

'11 CXL1 AWD, white diamond, navi, sunroof, NE emissions
goochman

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2011, 09:13:13 PM »

Happens all the time with BMW, people have 328i's which are entry level and they end up with 535s or X5s etc.  They don't want to get their cars back.  I've always felt the opposite, I hate the idea of the dealerships using my car for their personal errands (I saw this all the time in Alexadria, VA, techs taking customers' cars to lunch etc.).  I once got my car back with over 270 mi. more than when I dropped it off (they had it for over 2 1/2 weeks. I can only imagine what they did but what can I do pull a F Lee Bailey on them?)...

My BMW gave out Hyundais as loaners

------------
Goochman

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix
2009 Jeep Wragler Sahara Unlimited
2014 Ford Explorer Limited
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2011, 10:39:45 PM »

:Smiley

Sailfish
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2011, 01:05:27 AM »

2 days later (from when they confirmed the issue), car is fixed for nothing, and it was the 3/5/R wave plate.  My dealership has been great to deal with.

Heck, they even gave me a Cadillac DTS for a rental. I've never been given a rental worth more than the vehicle being fixed...   Cheers

thumbs up That they were able to fix it.  As for the rental...LOL....yea you have me beat. 

Albert Einstein
john 070
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: October 27, 2011, 05:04:33 AM »

The Sonata is my car of choice on business (I always laugh looking at the people (usually men) scramble off the shuttle and dash towards the car of their choice--when I see people go for that Town Car or Crown Vic I wonder what they were thinking).  But imho that's pretty unacceptable and I would envision a lack of competition to your dealership.  When there are 5 dealerships in a 15 mile radius suddenly they have to compete for your dollar going towards their overpriced services.  I still laugh at the $39.95 Mobil 1 oil change at GM.  My cousin DIYs his M5, and it's $145 for the oil and filter alone through the web, and that's discount.

'11 CXL1 AWD, white diamond, navi, sunroof, NE emissions
FalconEddy
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2011, 01:09:30 PM »

Yep. But, my polls indicate only 4 (or 5, depending on which section).  Mope

GoldEnclave, on the positive side of things, I thought I'd tell you that as of yesterday, at least those two indifferent number sections in the polls add up to the correct number of known Enclave wave plate repairs discussed on this forum.  Comfort

. . Falcon

GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2011, 03:45:59 PM »

GoldEnclave, on the positive side of things, I thought I'd tell you that as of yesterday, at least those two indifferent number sections in the polls add up to the correct number of known Enclave wave plate repairs discussed on this forum.  Comfort

. . Falcon

Happy

jhfrey

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2013, 04:51:35 PM »

My 2008 Enclave just experienced its Wave Plate demise.  There must be a little GM Warranty Karma out there. I have 95,800 miles on the vehicle and the dealer told me I had less than 30 days left on the coverage.  Being the optimist, I am now looking to get another 100,000 miles out of this Buick.  GM has been great to deal with, the Roadside Assistance folks were great as well ... and the dealership that I was a little leery of is coming though with a one day turnaround on the repair.  

PS. I found and completed the three surveys on Transmission and Wave Plates.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 04:53:29 PM by jhfrey » Logged
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2013, 05:37:33 PM »

I am sorry to read about your Enclave's broken wave plate. Luckily, it all worked out well for you in the end. thumbs up It would be interesting to see if you really do end up getting 200,000 miles out of her.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories