Enclaveforum.net
Bookmark and Share
November 20, 2014, 05:25:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Enclave Sales Numbers:     Mar: 4,899      YTD Total: 14,445     All Time: 187,013   (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USB not working correctly  (Read 1460 times, 4 Replies)
redvett

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2012, 09:00:13 PM »

My I Pod works fine but it wont play sound. Everything works fine with the controls change songs etc. Just not sound out of the speakers when hooked just to the I Pod.
Anyone got any ideas.

2014 Enclave Premum Quicksilver
JerseyDevil

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 11:06:54 PM »

My I Pod works fine but it wont play sound. Everything works fine with the controls change songs etc. Just not sound out of the speakers when hooked just to the I Pod.
Anyone got any ideas.

USB?  Don't understand what your talking about?

2010 CXL Silver Green No Sun Roof, No NAV
Sailfish
Enclave GOD!

Volunteer with Sheltie rescue organizations

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 07:32:42 AM »

I think they are referring to the USB port in which they plug their iPod into.

11 Enclave CXL2 WDT FWD 20" Wheels build 11/10 purchase 2/11
05 Nissan 350Z convertible - husband's
03 Saturn VUE V6 AWD - was my Mother carry around vehicle

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein
john 070
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 07:51:32 AM »

I would say if your other car has a usb, see if it works there, or inside at home.  It probably does, so that rules out your device.  Then, what can we say, take it to Buick.  I know for a fact the bluetooth is buggy, sometimes when the other party disconnects (I'm only guessing I don't want to troubleshoot for buick) and say the disconnect supervision is such that the phone itself takes x ms to hang up, the Buick never sees the hang up and the whole radio/bluetooth is hung with a handset icon on the display.  Now, fan is slow, no radio is possible, etc.  I don't know how many years Buick has offered this system, but if it's the 5th model year they shouldn't still have bugs.  But what are you and I gonna do, they sell 3k cars/mo. that's 36k per year, not enough to put a lot of R&D into the issues I guess.

And I don't blame you for using the USB, it provides the best sound quality possible in the vehicle.  But couldn't they have designed it so that an iPod actually could fit with the door closed?   Happy

'11 CXL1 AWD, white diamond, navi, sunroof, NE emissions
Plague

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 01:18:48 AM »

I would say if your other car has a usb, see if it works there, or inside at home.  It probably does, so that rules out your device.  Then, what can we say, take it to Buick.  I know for a fact the bluetooth is buggy, sometimes when the other party disconnects (I'm only guessing I don't want to troubleshoot for buick) and say the disconnect supervision is such that the phone itself takes x ms to hang up, the Buick never sees the hang up and the whole radio/bluetooth is hung with a handset icon on the display.  Now, fan is slow, no radio is possible, etc.  I don't know how many years Buick has offered this system, but if it's the 5th model year they shouldn't still have bugs.  But what are you and I gonna do, they sell 3k cars/mo. that's 36k per year, not enough to put a lot of R&D into the issues I guess.

And I don't blame you for using the USB, it provides the best sound quality possible in the vehicle.  But couldn't they have designed it so that an iPod actually could fit with the door closed?   Happy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth#Specifications_and_features

Bluetooth is constantly evolving and changing.  There are several different versions of it out there.  The problem could be your phone not sticking to the standard as well, depending on the version it is using and if it is doing anything backward compatible for other versions.  It isn't just simple to say it is buggy because it doesn't work for you.  I for one, don't have this problem. 

Also, I am pretty sure that if you hung up the phone using the button on the steering wheel when you were in this situation, the problem would be gone. 

But, speaking of disconnect supervision, did the other side have disconnect supervision.  Do you see the call on the phone still?  I have seen some phones systems that never send a disconnect signal and you have to hang up your end.

2009 FWD CXL Red Jewel, Cocoa w/ Cashmere, Ent Sys 4, Towing, Center Console, Seven Spoke, Heated and Cooled Seats, One of the few with Heated Washer Fluid
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories