Enclaveforum.net Bookmark and Share
May 29, 2017, 09:16:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Search all 4 Lambda Forums at once with the "Super Search" box! Click search in the top nav bar to find it.

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paint Bubbling Problem  (Read 92419 times, 215 Replies)
Uncle Buick

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: April 12, 2016, 09:04:27 PM »

UPDATE:  Been away for a bit as my pc crashed, and I had to reload Windows and all that jazz... finally got my system working the way I want.

So, the hood looked pretty good, EXCEPT for one small area, about 8 inches below the passenger washer spray nozzle (middle of hood area) which was about the size of a golf ball. It looked like swipe marks, like someone took a brush and just lightly brushed across the paint.  I really didn't think much of it, and didn't know if I should bring it to the dealerships attention.

Anyways, I've had A LOT going on in the past few weeks and haven't had a chance to bring it back in for them to fix the broken strut issue, until this past weekend. So I got it in, and showed an advisor - not saying anything, other then just showing them the mark and asking "what is that".  Advisor goes and gets the manager, who comes out and has a look.... he wipes the hood clean, and runs his fingers back and forth, back and forth... and says he wants to go get one of his top body shop guys to see if its something that can be buffed out.  Ok, so body guy comes over, and IMMEDIATELY says its under the clear coat.  He looked at me with a "I'm surprised you saw that" look, but on a freshly painted hood, the swipe marks were quite clear.  Body guy said they laid the base coat, and it likely got dirty, which caused them to wet sand that area, and didn't notice the swipes and the clear coat is bringing it out.  At this point, I haven't asked for anything, haven't said much at all... but was waiting to hear what they were gonna do to fix it, or offer... so the manager says he feels very sorry that it happened, and he has no choice but to fix it.  He said obviously it happened while in their control, and it IS visible, so he wants to fix it, and have the hood re-painted AGAIN!.  I really wasn't expecting that, but was pleasantly surprised by him stepping up.  He said it was their mistake, and this time they're going to give me a loaner, and he'll even pick the vehicle up from my residence and drop it back off when done (I was NOT given a loaner the first time around).  He gave me his card, and told me to email him the date/time and he'll take care of the rest.

2011 Cocoa Metallic w/Tan Interior CXL2 AWD
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #201 on: April 12, 2016, 09:37:48 PM »

Though this is not a good situation, it is commendable the way the dealership is handling this. Let us know the outcome...again. wink

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
cfedor
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: April 12, 2016, 11:26:55 PM »

Ditto and facepalm and I would have been furious given the that look of surprise... But, good for them to "Re-Do their Boo-Boo"!

HIS: 2008 Enclave CXL AWD Red Jewel/Titanium Leather, Premium package 19" Chrome 7-spoke, AM/FM/CD/DVD/NAV 10 speaker Bose, LED upgrades inside and out.  127K Miles

HERS: 2009 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD Black/Tan Loaded. 95K Miles
Buick Customer Service
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: April 13, 2016, 04:42:55 PM »

UPDATE:  Been away for a bit as my pc crashed, and I had to reload Windows and all that jazz... finally got my system working the way I want.

So, the hood looked pretty good, EXCEPT for one small area, about 8 inches below the passenger washer spray nozzle (middle of hood area) which was about the size of a golf ball. It looked like swipe marks, like someone took a brush and just lightly brushed across the paint.  I really didn't think much of it, and didn't know if I should bring it to the dealerships attention.

Anyways, I've had A LOT going on in the past few weeks and haven't had a chance to bring it back in for them to fix the broken strut issue, until this past weekend. So I got it in, and showed an advisor - not saying anything, other then just showing them the mark and asking "what is that".  Advisor goes and gets the manager, who comes out and has a look.... he wipes the hood clean, and runs his fingers back and forth, back and forth... and says he wants to go get one of his top body shop guys to see if its something that can be buffed out.  Ok, so body guy comes over, and IMMEDIATELY says its under the clear coat.  He looked at me with a "I'm surprised you saw that" look, but on a freshly painted hood, the swipe marks were quite clear.  Body guy said they laid the base coat, and it likely got dirty, which caused them to wet sand that area, and didn't notice the swipes and the clear coat is bringing it out.  At this point, I haven't asked for anything, haven't said much at all... but was waiting to hear what they were gonna do to fix it, or offer... so the manager says he feels very sorry that it happened, and he has no choice but to fix it.  He said obviously it happened while in their control, and it IS visible, so he wants to fix it, and have the hood re-painted AGAIN!.  I really wasn't expecting that, but was pleasantly surprised by him stepping up.  He said it was their mistake, and this time they're going to give me a loaner, and he'll even pick the vehicle up from my residence and drop it back off when done (I was NOT given a loaner the first time around).  He gave me his card, and told me to email him the date/time and he'll take care of the rest.

Uncle Buick,

Very glad to see that your dealership has been able to impress you, but we're sorry to see a second visit was necessary regarding your paint. Additionally, our apologies that we haven't contacted you earlier regarding this. If we can connect you with our Canadian Customer Care team for an extra layer of care and attention to this situation, please do not hesitate to reach out to us in a private message. Our team is here to help.

Best,

Geoff G.
Buick Customer Care

Have you checked into Buick Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.buick.com!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
kel03

2011 CLX

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: April 13, 2016, 06:45:10 PM »

Uncle Buick,

Very glad to see that your dealership has been able to impress you, but we're sorry to see a second visit was necessary regarding your paint. Additionally, our apologies that we haven't contacted you earlier regarding this. If we can connect you with our Canadian Customer Care team for an extra layer of care and attention to this situation, please do not hesitate to reach out to us in a private message. Our team is here to help.

Best,

Geoff G.
Buick Customer Care

I have the same year vehicle, took it into the dealer, they wouldn't repair, and this was last September. I wish I could have taken it in twice for the repair. The Buick warranty certainly isn't consistent, and appears to be subjective based on who the area service manager is. Not impressed at all by Buick warranty service for sure. Feel free to contact me Buick Service !!! I'd expect quality issue on a low end vehicle, but not this one.

2011 CXL Enclave, Gold Mist / Cocoa
Niagara, Ontario
cfedor
Enclave GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: April 13, 2016, 06:47:57 PM »

I have the same year vehicle, took it into the dealer, they wouldn't repair, and this was last September. I wish I could have taken it in twice for the repair. The Buick warranty certainly isn't consistent, and appears to be subjective based on who the area service manager is. Not impressed at all by Buick warranty service for sure. Feel free to contact me Buick Service !!! I'd expect quality issue on a low end vehicle, but not this one.
Ditto  I have the same bubbles on both sides of my hood, dealer wouldn't fix it either. They are just getting worse....
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 10:02:38 PM by cfedor » Logged

HIS: 2008 Enclave CXL AWD Red Jewel/Titanium Leather, Premium package 19" Chrome 7-spoke, AM/FM/CD/DVD/NAV 10 speaker Bose, LED upgrades inside and out.  127K Miles

HERS: 2009 Toyota Sienna XLE AWD Black/Tan Loaded. 95K Miles
Uncle Buick

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »

Appointment has been booked for April 19, 2016.  As he promised, he will be picking up the vehicle from my home, and dropping off a loaner.

I do feel sorry for those who weren't able to get the same service as I did with this issue.  As stated, these issues should NOT be popping up on a vehicle of this caliber.  I parked beside another E the other day and did a walk around to have a look at the hood, and found major bubbling near the drivers side headlight, right in the corner of the hood.  As one of the service guys said, rust (or the bubbling) will only get worse over time, it never goes backwards and gets better.

As we all know, re-painting in a body shop is NEVER the same as when a vehicle is painted at the factory.  I just hope that the paint lasts as long as the rest of the vehicle without showing issues due to it being repainted. 

2011 Cocoa Metallic w/Tan Interior CXL2 AWD
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2016, 10:26:46 PM »

Uncle Buick, I couldn't agree more. A vehicle of this caliber shouldn't be plagued by such a basic problem. And yes, any bubbling will only get worse over time.

Good luck with the new paint job. Like you've stated, it won't be as good as a factory paint job, but hopefully it will be very close and last a long time. Good luck, and keep us posted.

2008 Gold Mist Enclave CX AWD, Cashmere Cloth, Driver's Confidence Package, 8 passenger seating
john 070
Enclave Guru

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: April 14, 2016, 07:15:35 AM »

As we all know, re-painting in a body shop is NEVER the same as when a vehicle is painted at the factory.  

Tell this to my buddy.  He got rid of his Odyssey because of the class action against Honda where he got his piston rings replaced at 39k.  Got an AWD Sienna and his wife scraped it when it was weeks old.  He got the vehicle back this week and it looks like sh**.  Again, it's not the color match, it's the texture of the area that was repainted.  The original looks like a mirror when you see a reflection.  The repaired area does not.  On a car weeks old, I dunno how a person comes to grips with that.  My wife's uncle always explained that a regular body shop is not painting $200k classic cars, so they are not going to paint it such that you can't see the difference, although it can be done.

'11 CXL1 AWD, white diamond, navi, sunroof, NE emissions
JerseyDevil
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: April 14, 2016, 10:26:17 AM »

Tell this to my buddy.  He got rid of his Odyssey because of the class action against Honda where he got his piston rings replaced at 39k.  Got an AWD Sienna and his wife scraped it when it was weeks old.  He got the vehicle back this week and it looks like sh**.  Again, it's not the color match, it's the texture of the area that was repainted.  The original looks like a mirror when you see a reflection.  The repaired area does not.  On a car weeks old, I dunno how a person comes to grips with that.  My wife's uncle always explained that a regular body shop is not painting $200k classic cars, so they are not going to paint it such that you can't see the difference, although it can be done.

I have used my dealer's body shop for years.  They do a perfect job but you pay $$$ for it or I should say the insurance company. blob

2010 CXL Silver Green No Sun Roof, No NAV
Buick Customer Service
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: April 14, 2016, 11:02:55 AM »

Ditto  I have the same bubbles on both sides of my hood, dealer wouldn't fix it either. They are just getting worse....

Hello kel03 and cfedor,

We regret to hear you’re experiencing paint concerns with your Enclaves and understand how this may be frustrating. As you both have indicated that you’ve notified your dealers of this concern, we can certainly look into this further and contact your dealerships for clarification. If this is something of interest to you, please do not hesitate to send us a private message.

Kindly,

Samantha N
Buick Customer Care

Have you checked into Buick Owner Center? You can maintain service history, check on warranty or recall information, and more. Visit my.buick.com!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
kel03

2011 CLX

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: April 14, 2016, 05:14:29 PM »

Hello kel03 and cfedor,

We regret to hear you’re experiencing paint concerns with your Enclaves and understand how this may be frustrating. As you both have indicated that you’ve notified your dealers of this concern, we can certainly look into this further and contact your dealerships for clarification. If this is something of interest to you, please do not hesitate to send us a private message.

Kindly,

Samantha N
Buick Customer Care

Thank you for acknowledgement, message and email sent, Kel03

Niagara, Ontario
canuk

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2017, 10:06:49 PM »

I just noticed the bubbling hood paint on my 2011 and am so disappointed in this on a 'premium' vehicle!  Any recommendations on a cost effective remedy?  I'm not very optimistic.  Nothing says 'over the hill' vehicle like rust!

2011 CXL AWD, Silver with Titanium interior, 7 seat
143,000 km @ April, 2017.  14 Warranty repairs so far Smiley
JerseyDevil
Enclave Freak

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2017, 10:01:26 AM »

I just noticed the bubbling hood paint on my 2011 and am so disappointed in this on a 'premium' vehicle!  Any recommendations on a cost effective remedy?  I'm not very optimistic.  Nothing says 'over the hill' vehicle like rust!

You have to have the hood repainted.  Don't expect any help from GM.

2010 CXL Silver Green No Sun Roof, No NAV
kel03

2011 CLX

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2017, 02:39:57 PM »

Very odd lot of us have this issue, but it's not GM's fault !!! It's a process problem at their paint facility, but they will not own up to it. Quality is not #1 with them. I brought mine to their attention twice now.

Niagara, Ontario
GoldEnclave
Global Moderator
Enclave NIRVANA

« Reply #215 on: May 23, 2017, 10:06:13 AM »

Very odd lot of us have this issue, but it's not GM's fault !!! It's a process problem at their paint facility, but they will not own up to it. Quality is not #1 with them. I brought mine to their attention twice now.

Agreed!!  Ditto

My 2008 Enclave had that issue for at least the last few years that I'd owned it. But, it didn't seem to progress much, so I ignored it.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories