EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: All my fault!

Few minutes ago when I pull back my Enclave my car's rear side door was accidentally scratched by the garage wall. Since my Enclave paint is 'enamled' (I guess), I need opinion on how to fix this... Can we fix it ourselves?

Many thanks!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry to hear about the scratch. :(

How bad is the scratch? Is it deep, meaning you can see bare metal or did it just scratch the clear coat. Depending on how bad it's scratched you may be able to touch it up.

Your local dealer will know of a few places to get things like that fixed. Most dealers pay these people to come to the dealership and touch up cars all the time.

·
Registered
333 Posts
glimo said:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: All my fault!

Few minutes ago when I pull back my Enclave my car's rear side door was accidentally scratched by the garage wall. Since my Enclave paint is 'enamled' (I guess), I need opinion on how to fix this... Can we fix it ourselves?

Many thanks!!!
Sorry to hear about the scratch :-\

You've gotta watch those garage walls all the time, they tend to pull right out in front of you ;)

Any way to send a digital picture, then folks could give better advice.

I use a product called an autosharp touch-up pen that works great for rock chips or small scratches. You'll need your paint code (glove compartment door) to order. They even stock old colors, like for my '84 911 that has a rare color. Link to the site:
http://www.autovisuals.com/

Best of luck!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks for the link Johnt26. I heading there now to order one for each of my cars. My Mach 1 as two blemishes, one chip in the hood and one on the door handle, where someone let there door hit my car.

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you can feel the scratch with your thumb nail, it probably is too deep to rub out. Unless you are a pro, you probably will be unable to touch it up and make it look good. Depending on the color (WDT is very difficult) I'd have the body shop do the job and "blend" it in. You'd be much happier with the result.

So sorry for your disappointment. I would be too!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gshields said:
If you can feel the scratch with your thumb nail, it probably is too deep to rub out. Unless you are a pro, you probably will be unable to touch it up and make it look good. Depending on the color (WDT is very difficult) I'd have the body shop do the job and "blend" it in. You'd be much happier with the result.

So sorry for your disappointment. I would be too!
It's been a time but I still didn't get time to fix the sratch... I'm looking for some help:
1. The scratch is right above the RL wheel. So there are two color we are talking about: the Gold Mist Metallic (code WA316N) , another color I am not sure... any one know exactly what is the color right above the wheel?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
sorry, don't know that color. The glove box label has 2 paint codes, way on bottom of the label. I remember mine was WA 448 (or close) for the body and another similar for the trim. That's what you seem to want.

Before anything..............if it's not down to the metal, try WD-40!! Yup! can't hurt and often rubs out the stain color/scratch pretty good. But not if it's down to the steel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts