EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
enclave would not shift into 2nd gear.
After parking for 2 hours the check engine light went away and the car drove normally for one day with no issues at any speed. However, this morning the check engine light came back on and the car will not shift into 3rd.
The coder reader reads 0700 and 0752
Is my wave plate going bad or can i replace the solenoid at minimal cost.
the car is a 2008 with 93400 miles.

Has the wave plate or solenoid repair come up as a recall

·
Registered
432 Posts
Check you VIN with dealer. You are likely in line for the 10yr/120,000 mile coverage for Wave Plate replacement.... ;D

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Hey suedeboogie,
I am sorry to hear about your Buick Enclave not shifting properly. I understand it can be concerning not knowing what is going on in your vehicle, and would be happy to help you out. Is your vehicle currently at a GM certified dealership? If not I can help you locate one to have a diagnosis preformed. Please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, and preferred dealership and I would be happy to assist you further.

Best,

Alex H.
Buick Customer Care

·
Registered
5,997 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealership wants $1242 dollars to remove the transmission and make a diagnosis. He says that the enclave is moving in reverse so it is not the wave plate.
he also says it has cot 0877 and 0989

·
Registered
301 Posts
suedeboogie said:
Dealership wants $1242 dollars to remove the transmission and make a diagnosis. He says that the enclave is moving in reverse so it is not the wave plate.
Mine went in reverse with a bad wave plate....all depends on how early it was caught. No check engine light either.

OTOH, your not going to know if the waveplate is bad until the trans is opened.

·
Registered
28 Posts
suedeboogie said:
[/quote

Just had the same problem. Car went into reverse and no check engine light however shifting was very difficult. It did end up being a broken wave plate although initially it was diagnosed with a bad TCM. The service manager will not provide the actual codes he received, only the description of the codes. I'm hoping the codes will be on the invoice when I pick up the car next week.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Anyone have any update here?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mines Been doing this for four years now we have replaced the engine in full. Put two different transmissions in, wave plate replaced, Timing chain replaced, and had it to 4 different mechanics including the dealership for months! This week it’s locked the doors when no one is near it and the keys were inside and now the lift gate won’t close🤬So good luck😩 these cars are pieces of **** that you can’t get working long enough to even trade the **** things in to get into a better car 🤬

1 - 11 of 11 Posts