EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving on the highway and all of a sudden my car lost power and I had to pull over alone side the highway i had to get it towed the next following day car won't start at all give a slight hesitant then completely no start at all I got a code on it today and it read p0300 p0302 p0304 p0430 p0420 p0101

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well ... P0300 is a general misfire code; P0302 tells you its in cylinder #2; P0304 tells you cylinder #4; P0430 and P0420 are catalytic converter codes (efficiency below threshold ... VERY common on all newer cars ... doesn't take much to set them) and P0101 is a Mass Airflow Sensor problem.

I'd deal with the cat codes later. The fact that two cylinders are misfiring makes me think it is something common to both rather than something that both randomly had go bad at the same time. I am not sure, but it makes me wonder if the MAF can be bad and cause the other codes? Hopefully someone can chime in. I'd also check connections at all points and make sure grounds are good.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Was the check engine light on "before" you suddenly lost power and it left you stranded? If yes, for how long was your check engine light on before it stranded you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the spark plugs just to find it was a lot of oil in it I did some research and found out it can be the spark plug seal tube but I don't know how to take the valve cover off to replace it

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
There was an issue with some were they had porosity issues.
Oil would seep into the spark plug holes over time and cause misfires. The fix was to replace the heads.
THe other option--- if it took say 100,000 miles for that much oil to build up... then its just cheaper to clean it up. (put new plugs of needed) and put it back together.
Then wait another XXX,XXX miles for the problem to pop up again.

Unless you see an oil leak around the spark plug coils, allowing oil in from the top...

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
TSB
Fluid in Spark Plug Tubes

March 25, 2013
A Check Engine light may be illuminated with misfire DTCs set, or a possible oil or coolant leak may be found, on some
2010-2013 Enclave, LaCrosse, CTS, SRX, Camaro, Equinox, Traverse, Acadia, Terrain;
2012-2013 Caprice PPV, Captiva, Impala; 2013 ATS and XTS models equipped with 3.0L and 3.6L (RPOs LF1, LFW, LLT, LFX) HFV6 engines.

On inspection, coolant or oil may be found in a spark plug tube. Determine if the oil or coolant is coming from the spark plug tube and not leaking into it from above. If the spark plug tube is leaking, replace the cylinder head, spark plug and coil.

Porous spots in the head created during manufacturing cause the leak. The spark plug tubes are permanently sealed into the head and are not replaceable.

If a cylinder head is replaced for this condition, mark the faulty spark plug tube before sending the head in for warranty or core so GM Engineering or the re-manufacturing facility can identify it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I checked the spark plugs just to find it was a lot of oil in it I did some research and found out it can be the spark plug seal tube but I don't know how to take the valve cover off to replace it
This could be it. Or not. You didn't address the question I previously asked. From the looks of those codes, this didn't happen suddenly. So it is important to know if your check engine light was on prior to the vehicle causing you to be stranded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts