EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the 08's went on sale in April, when do the 09's go on sale? would it be safe to assume April again? or is it most likely fall?

Sorry I don't normally buy GM cars and have no clue but I love the enclave

·
Registered
721 Posts
Factory model-year changeover is typically the end of July; '09s should be hitting the streets late August or so.

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
robmack
Welcome to the forum :welcome:

MRBUICK

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank ya..friendly people here, different than most forums, i guess cause theres no kids around

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
robmack said:
thank ya..friendly people here, different than most forums, i guess cause theres no kids around

You know us Buick people....really old :bs:

·
Registered
4 Posts
GM plants typically shut down the first 2 weeks of July for model year changeover/routine maintenance. Generally, the only exceptions are when it is a new model or substantially reworked model that require extensive retooling. If there is very little change for the model year, they may begin prodcution a couple weeks early to see if there are any other modifactions they should make during plant shutdown.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Actual dates:

April 1: Order cut-off date for 2008 Acadia/Enclave/Outlook
June 18: Production of 2009 Acadia/Enclave/Outlook starts

Usually, after that order cut-off in April, they will completely finish build-out of the current model year in late May or the first few days of June. They then close down for 2 weeks for a vacation/switchover, and start production on the 18th of June. Then the first of the 2009's will start rolling onto lots in early-mid July.

·
Registered
644 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Actual dates:

April 1: Order cut-off date for 2008 Acadia/Enclave/Outlook
June 18: Production of 2009 Acadia/Enclave/Outlook starts

Usually, after that order cut-off in April, they will completely finish build-out of the current model year in late May or the first few days of June. They then close down for 2 weeks for a vacation/switchover, and start production on the 18th of June. Then the first of the 2009's will start rolling onto lots in early-mid July.
This is exciting news, caddycruiser. It seems you have some inside info all the time on engine changes, etc. Do you have some kind of magic/connections? I'd love to have mine in July (the'09).

BB

·
Registered
509 Posts
blurrybill said:
This is exciting news, caddycruiser. It seems you have some inside info all the time on engine changes, etc. Do you have some kind of magic/connections? I'd love to have mine in July (the'09).

BB
No...it's all right on the internet, in various places. I'm just on a LOT of sites, and keep up to date on these kind of details :thumb:

Order your new '09 on the very first day the dealer can do it in the system (should be in April, or early May, not 100% sure), and you'll likely get one of the first to roll of the line as they build those first orders first. Hopefully you'll have a worthy enough dealer and salesperson who can keep you up to date, correctly, on that day, etc. when they can start filling their allocations.

·
Registered
389 Posts
One nice change talked about on GM Insider ... Bluetooth for all in 2009!

·
Registered
509 Posts
rwagoner said:
One nice change talked about on GM Insider ... Bluetooth for all in 2009!
Already talked about here, all over the place, including the newly standard Direct Injection engine, cooled seats option, XM traffic, etc.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Rich,

do you want a car with that console?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts