EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on ordering my Enclave with the 2nd row center console, but after seeing the pictures of it, I am having second thoughts. It just doesn't seem like it's worth it - not enough space for the things I thought I'd store in it - mainly the headphones for the DVD, and movies for the kids.

ANYWAY, I noticed the pictures of the 12v cooler that "sunshadow" has in their 'clave (page 4 of the gallery). Has anyone else purchased such a cooler for their Enclave and if so where? I have looked online and found a few models that I like, but they are nothing like the one "sunshadow" has. It's very sleek and modern looking and fits just perfectly in that little space.

For me, the benefits of not having the center console are outweighing the benefits of having something like the cooler. I'd have the benefit of the armrests for the center passengers and the extra isle space when the cooler was not installed. The cooler would give me someplace to store my beverages, while being handy for the driver and the passenger, it's less mess without the ice, and the beverages would stay cold all day.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Many places online. Here is one that is out there. Not sure exactly what model sunshadow has but I think it is one of the ones from Rubbermaid. I have a larger different model of this type of cooler. They work quite well with one qualifiacation: the drinks must be cold to start with, otherwise it will take literallly forever for them to cool down. I'm thinking of getting one of these rubbermaid units as well for theri small size and perfect fit. I feel the same about the center console.

http://www.invertersrus.com/vec213rb.html

Good luck. :thumb:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I purchased the 16 can rubbermaid, but still waiting to have the Enclave delivered. The cooler/heater gives you the advantage of being able to remove it and use the pass through. You can still use the space to hold the dvds/headphones. One caution, as mentioned before, it does take a while to cool or warm up. If you use it for cool you can add ice. Great for tailgaiting as well. Great product.

·
Registered
259 Posts
We have the 16 can Rubbermaid VEC213RB Travel Cooler & Warmer Console - 12 Liter cooler and love it. When we don't use (i.e. most of the time) it works as a nice storage compartment and place for extra cup holders like a center console, but better. It also can be moved out of the way easily for access to the back seat. Very have with this choice and happy not to get center console for this reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had a 2002 Chevy conversion van that had 2 can holders in the center console with a heat/cool switch. They did a pretty fair job of keeping cold soda cold. As for a cooler unit, I've had one and I found that, just like a lot of "toys," I didn't get much use out of it. In this wonderful country of ours, a cold soda is available at every gas station, and whatever part of it doesn't get drunk (drank? drinked?) in the first 3 minutes is unlikely to get drunk at all. Can't tell you how many 3/4 full cans of soda I've had to throw out from the rear cup holders of ALL my buggies after the kids have been back there.

Big Larry
[/color]

·
Registered
11 Posts
The cooler looks like the one I got for my son at Walmart for $50. He ended up giving to me and it works nicely between the seats.
I did the transmission update on my enclave yesterday and it shifts much smoother. I have 3500 miles on it and I am still loving it. My 6'3 son says there is not enough room for him in the second seat but that's okay buy me because the kids rarely ride with us anyway.

Deb

·
Registered
154 Posts
barreling56 said:
The cooler looks like the one I got for my son at Walmart for $50. He ended up giving to me and it works nicely between the seats.
I did the transmission update on my enclave yesterday and it shifts much smoother. I have 3500 miles on it and I am still loving it. My 6'3 son says there is not enough room for him in the second seat but that's okay buy me because the kids rarely ride with us anyway.

Deb
maybe if he slid the second row seat all the way forward, he would fit better in the 3rd row when he is with you ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
xrayman said:
Many places online. Here is one that is out there. Not sure exactly what model sunshadow has but I think it is one of the ones from Rubbermaid. I have a larger different model of this type of cooler. They work quite well with one qualifiacation: the drinks must be cold to start with, otherwise it will take literallly forever for them to cool down. I'm thinking of getting one of these rubbermaid units as well for theri small size and perfect fit. I feel the same about the center console.

http://www.invertersrus.com/vec213rb.html

Good luck. :thumb:
I am afraid I am the bearer of bad news. The Coolers on this web site have all been dicontinued by their manufacturer. The wife and I have been checking the local dealers but have been unable to locate any "Hold Overs". Have decided to use a narrow chest with cold packs. It certainly sounded life a good deal and we hated not finding them available. Thanks for your post however and I agree it is the one in Sunshadow's gallery.
BD

·
Registered
612 Posts
Costco still has it. I just ordered it!

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11120888

Thank you for placing an order with costco.com.
Please review the following information, and keep this e-mail for future reference.

Your Order
Qty Description Shipping Method Price Item Total
1 Rubbermaid Travel Cooler & Warmer by Vector Item# 103281 Standard $59.99 $59.99

Standard shipping via UPS Ground is included in the quoted price.
The estimated delivery time will be approximately 7 - 10 business days from the time of order.
Subtotal: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Tax: $3.54
Order Total: $63.53
[/color]

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got the Koolatron Compact Kooler from Amazon. I also bought the AC adaptor that goes with it. It is very slim and holds 23 cans.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thanks to all of you for your help. I have turned the purchase decision over to the wife as she was also wanting to use it while buying her frozen items weekly. I do not want to get involed in that for sure! She will have a ball making her decision.
This discussion shows one of the strong points of this forum, the willingness to help each other.
BD

·
Registered
200 Posts
Blacke & Decker had an almost identical cooler to the Rubbermaid VEC213RB Travel Cooler & Warmer Console. It was also discontinued. There usually is a reason for that especially when they did not come out with a new model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts