EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems most of the gallery photos are of enclaves with the $1100 7 spoke wheels.I must admit it looks far better with this wheel,but I'm really surprised at the number of people getting this expensive option.Are there any deals on this option that I'm not aware of,I'm about to pull the trigger and order a cxl.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I liked them much better so that is what we ordered. Once upon a time there was an option package for certain states such as FL and CA that combined the wheels with the sunroof, which made the wheels nearly free IIRC. You may want to see if you can find that and if it is available in your state. I think it was called some type of chrome package discount.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Buick still offers the FTC chrome package.
When I ordered our WDT Enclave In mid August it was $2,195 less a $1,000 credit making the final cost $1,195 which was less than the cost of the sun roof package. Sometime in November (I think) the price increased to $2,495 less a $1,000 credit which is still a good deal.
I live in Florida and haven't seen an Enclave that doesn't have the 19 inch chrome wheels.

·
Registered
69 Posts
mikel said:
It seems most of the gallery photos are of enclaves with the $1100 7 spoke wheels.I must admit it looks far better with this wheel,but I'm really surprised at the number of people getting this expensive option.Are there any deals on this option that I'm not aware of,I'm about to pull the trigger and order a cxl.
I think they look better than stock, but the only reason I got them was because they were already on the car I wanted at the dealer and didn't want to wait on a custom ordered vehicle. If I could have gotten one without, I would have purchased wheels after market that look nicer and are less expensive. I still may get 20" wheels at my first or second tire change.

·
Registered
413 Posts
techno said:
I think they look better than stock, but the only reason I got them was because they were already on the car I wanted at the dealer and didn't want to wait on a custom ordered vehicle. If I could have gotten one without, I would have purchased wheels after market that look nicer and are less expensive. I still may get 20" wheels at my first or second tire change.
Mine look pretty good considering Buick paid me $100 to take them with the FTC chrome package.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The FTC Chrome Package refers to FL, TX & CA whereby a resident of one of those states can purchase the wheels and sunroof for less then the price of the sunroof alone. I ordered mine on September 27 and took delivery on December 12 in NJ. Vehicle is register in FL. Seems unfair to the other 45 states.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Other states can get that discount too, but you have to ask for it. I did in Kansas and got it. Not fair, but that is the way it is. Crazy world we live in.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
gshields said:
Other states can get that discount too, but you have to ask for it. I did in Kansas and got it. Not fair, but that is the way it is. Crazy world we live in.
That sucks. That's not what I understood. My understanding was that it was up to the dealer to verify residency eligibiity otherwise they could be penalized/charged for the discount. Maybe not. ???

·
Registered
83 Posts
gshields said:
i tried at 2 places here in PA with no luck. definitely makes no sense.

·
Registered
214 Posts
gmf101 said:
Seems unfair to the other 45 states.
FL + TX + CA + 45 states = How many states? :cheers:

Wayne

·
Registered
71 Posts
sunshadw said:
FL + TX + CA + 45 states = How many states? :cheers:

Wayne
48. Some people still have a problem including Alaska and Hawaii. Go figure.

·
Registered
95 Posts
sunshadw, where did you get that 12 volt cooler? That is a sweet set up in the Enclave.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Enclave 1 said:
How cool will the cooler cool a can of soda?
40 degrees below ambient temperature is the advertisment, but I have never checked it. 8)

Wayne

·
Registered
214 Posts
gshields said:
Your dealer must have really wanted the sale to absorb the GM debit back to him. I don't understand why Morton County KS and the adjacent OK panhandle counties are eligible, but Mcpherson is not, per the attach memorandum.

Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
We already have chrome wheels on our SV6. They look good when clean, but they get dirty very quickly. The brake dust also makes it backbreaking to clean with the SV6 wheel design. Is the Enclave chrome wheel real metal, or is it chrome-plated plastic? Our SV6 wheel is plastic, and if it's the same on the Encalve, then I don't feel I need to pay extra for an expensive piece of shiny plastic that I'll end up having to clean more often to stay shiny. Besides, I think the standard multi-spoke CXL wheel looks great already.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
jonv112 said:
We already have chrome wheels on our SV6. They look good when clean, but they get dirty very quickly. The brake dust also makes it backbreaking to clean with the SV6 wheel design. Is the Encalve chrome wheel real metal, or is it chrome-plated plastic? Our SV6 wheel is plastic, and if it's the same on the Encalve, then I don't feel I need to pay extra for an expensive piece of shiny plastic that I'll end up having to clean more often to stay shiny. Besides, I think the standard multi-spoke CXL wheel looks great already.
The wheels appear to be real chrome plating to me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts