EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
we talked about this in detail in another thread here somewhere. its a gm accessory that is not available yet, possibly august.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Re: 2-Way Advanced Remote Start System

To add to this question - Can you use this accesory if you do not have the original remote start accesory? (part of driver confidence, I think) ???

·
Registered
88 Posts

I appreciate the link and did a search but cannot seem to find a direct answer to my questions so if some actually purchased the new remote with the LCD and is willing to post the price they paid and their impressions of it I would be very grateful. (Note: In the link provided one person said they got 22 remotes for $195 and then another person said the $195 was for the standard remote start fob.)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

New2Buick said:
I appreciate the link and did a search but cannot seem to find a direct answer to my questions so if some actually purchased the new remote with the LCD and is willing to post the price they paid and their impressions of it I would be very grateful. (Note: In the link provided one person said they got 22 remotes for $195 and then another person said the $195 was for the standard remote start fob.)
$195 was for what they handed me..........regular remotes! LCD promised by "end of year!" NO ONE has them yet.
Just found a post from Orion007 and he read that they'll be available by "years end" !!! The part number is "inactive" at this time, according to my Buick dealer. Stay tuned!

"There you go straight from GM. It looks like we will be able to finally get this remote in the next couple weeks. The part# will be 17802071 when it is released." From his post.

·
Registered
88 Posts

I sent an e-mail to Buick and just recieved this response:

Hi Kyle,

Your inquiry regarding GM's 2-Way Advanced Remote Start was forwarded to me from our Communications department.

We did experience some unforeseen delays earlier this year; however, we are very close to releasing the 2-Way Advanced Remote Start for the Enclave. We hope to have it available sometime in December. Unfortunately, I don't have a specific date to give you. Dealers will receive a bulletin informing them that this accessory is ready for sale.

Enjoy your new Enclave, and thank you for your interest in this cool new accessory!

Joyce Henk
GM Accessories
Product Marketing

R

·
0 Posts

my dealer dude has them instock ready to install but gm wont let him sell them until late december , he took one out to show me and sampled it, but he thinks close to christmas to get the christmas rush. so dealers have them they just cant sell them, much like halo 2 and 3.

·
Registered
88 Posts

Thanks for the insight RT, did your dealer say what the list price was going to be? I've saw posted thye expected it to be between $150 - $250 so I assume that means $249. Also do they actually need to install something in the car?

R

·
0 Posts

he said the enclave would be about 300 installed with parts, labor and programming.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Just wanted to update everyone on the advanced two-way remote. Just stopped by the dealer today and put in an order for the chrome assist steps and the remote. Yes, the "extended range remote" that some of us have been waiting for is now available. The part number is 19172580 priced at $195.00 for both key fobs. Yes, this is the key fob with the LCD screen that allows you to check various items on you Enclave. I get to pick mine up on Monday :blob:. I was afraid the key fob was going to go the way of the center console, often seen but not produced. I will post pictures as soon as everything is in place and the weather clears. Cheers. Orthopac.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

orthopac said:
Just wanted to update everyone on the advanced two-way remote. Just stopped by the dealer today and put in an order for the chrome assist steps and the remote. Yes, the "extended range remote" that some of us have been waiting for is now available. The part number is 19172580 priced at $195.00 for both key fobs. Yes, this is the key fob with the LCD screen that allows you to check various items on you Enclave. I get to pick mine up on Monday :blob:. I was afraid the key fob was going to go the way of the center console, often seen but not produced. I will post pictures as soon as everything is in place and the weather clears. Cheers. Orthopac.
Great news! I love the remote, but distance is not too fabulous with standard, NON-LCD screen version.
I'll call my dealer Mon morn! been calling every week anyway.......
THKS!!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
88 Posts

I think you got fooled, the part number and price match the currently available "Extended range remote start key fob" not the one with the LCD. I hope I'm wrong.

>:D :blob: :banghead:

·
Registered
120 Posts

I was just on the gm assessories web site and they show that it is avail.
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/index.php?id=133&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[year]=2008&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[division_name]=Buick&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[vehicle_name]=Enclave&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[sub_product_group]=Remote%20Start&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

Just called the dealer. NO GOOD news. The part # quoted to you is for standard remotes (NO LCD screen!) The number was just changed from old # 17802071. BOTH are standard remotes. Dealer misinformed you, no doubt from new number being issued. We want 2-Way, LCD Intelligent remotes, as they're called in brochure that's almost a year old now.

But they gotta be so close to availability I can almost taste them!

·
Registered
73 Posts

Smokin', check the GMaccessories website they actually show the picture there as being available. Perhaps the part # is the same? Dealer definitely knew I wanted the extended range with the LCD screen. I guess I'll know for sure on Monday. Here's hoping that GM isn't screwing with us again by showing us something that's available when it's not :eek:hno:.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

nickyd said:
I was just on the gm assessories web site and they show that it is avail.
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/index.php?id=133&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[year]=2008&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[division_name]=Buick&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[vehicle_name]=Enclave&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[sub_product_group]=Remote%20Start&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1[type]=gm
nickyd, thx for all that effort but that link didn't go through. However I followed your tracks and found:

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/index.php?id=132&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1%5Byear%5D=2008&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1%5Bdivision_name%5D=Buick&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1%5Bvehicle_name%5D=Enclave, and clicked Remote Start.

Just called my dealer back again (he's open in Parts dept till noon, on SAT!) He begrudgingly looked on-line with me and said "I don't know. I'll call GM Mon and let you know". I admit it is confusing as it has the right pix, but description indicates NO 2-Way Features . HMMMMMM.......... Stay tuned!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts