EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got an e-mail from an GM product manager with this information. 2-Way Advanced remote should be available for ordering or very close to that status. I have part numbers for the remotes now and they are showing up in GM's systems. This is great news. Here is the infor I recieved. You need to look in your glove box and check for either an AP3 or AP8 code and order the proper remote.

2-Way Advanced Remote Start
$0.00
For Use on Vehicles with Extended Range Remote Lock Control (AP8), and Power Lift gate

$0.00
For Use on Vehicles with Remote Keyless Entry and Engine Start (AP3), and Power Lift gate

Have fun

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
This is the one with a display screen which shows you things like tire pressure, I think the amount of fuel left, etc. It has been so long waiting for this, that I forget all the things that it does. It is different than the long range remote, although I think this also increases the range. For as long as we have waited for this, it should make a mixed drink and play on demand movies...

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
bsox said:
For as long as we have waited for this, it should play on demand movies...
But only while the vehicle is not in motion. :p

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
zman said:
But only while the vehicle is not in motion. :p
But your OK with the mixed drinks right? ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have also been waiting for this for a long time. I was in direct personal contact with the person at GM responsible for this part. This info is accurate as of today and I am coordinating with GM to get this remote ordered and drop shipped to my dealer. Hopefully I will be able to post a review soon of how it works and how much it costs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There have been so many "false starts" (no pun intended) in this area, that I don't even have the energy to bother checking with my dealer to provide them with the information, just to get a blank stare in return. I guess I'm a little jaded and skeptical about whether it's really gonna happen this time. So I'm looking forward to hearing a review from others about what they go thru with their dealers to actually get this in their hands and, of course, how it works!

good luck!

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
bsox said:
But your OK with the mixed drinks right? ;D ;D ;D
Most definitely.

·
Registered
232 Posts
zman said:
Most definitely.
You guys are talking about smoothies, right? I'm not sure the 110V outlet in your Enclave can run a blender......

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
loach said:
You guys are talking about smoothies, right? I'm not sure the 110V outlet in your Enclave can run a blender......
No a blender works well, the hardest part is knowing where to store the bottles so they don't rattle...

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
orion007 said:
These parts now show up on gmpartsdirect for order! It is finally in stock!! WooHoo
Linky please. I can not seem to find it.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Ahh, I should have scrolled up.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well, any progress is good, but I won't get my hopes up until I see it on the actual GM parts site.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just called my local Buick parts department. He confirmed the $150 price. I asked if he could order them yet and he checked the national inventory. He stated that no one in the country has them yet including GM. I was encouraged that at least it was in his system.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My question is why the big price difference between the two part #'s?

List $250.00 GM Partsdirect.com price $211.75[/color]
For Use on Vehicles with Extended Range Remote Lock Control (AP8), and Power Lift gate

List $150.00 Gm Partsdirect.com price $127.05[/color]
For Use on Vehicles with Remote Keyless Entry and Engine Start (AP3), and Power Lift gate

Are they offering two versions of this part? One with extended range and one for remote start?

How do you know if your vehicle has an extended range remote lock control system?

·
Registered
225 Posts
You don't have to check the glove box.

(AP8) Remote Keyless Entry - Standard Equipment on all models
(AP3) Remote vehicle starter system - Included and only available with (PCI) Driver Confidence Package.

I suspect that the different part numbers and costs represents a prerequisite upgrade to remote start for those who do not have PCI.

1 - 20 of 219 Posts