EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the Advanced 2-way Remote system, after being installed, will allow the original key jobs to work also? My wife is concerned about the advanced key fobs being too big and bulky but I also sold her on the Ebony interior (in Florida) based on the remote start feature (to cool things down before we put kids into seats). I'd also be interested in seeing a picture of the advanced remotes with something to help give the fob some scale (the only pics I have seen are only of the remote and nothing else to guage how big it is). Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
Jimbobwae said:
Can anyone tell me if the Advanced 2-way Remote system, after being installed, will allow the original key jobs to work also? My wife is concerned about the advanced key fobs being too big and bulky but I also sold her on the Ebony interior (in Florida) based on the remote start feature (to cool things down before we put kids into seats). I'd also be interested in seeing a picture of the advanced remotes with something to help give the fob some scale (the only pics I have seen are only of the remote and nothing else to guage how big it is). Thanks.
Look in my Gallery. I just posted pictures last week with the standard remote alongside the 2 way remote. At least one of our original remotes still works, I just tested it the other day. I assume the second original does as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
Yes they will.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AWESOME! Great Pic zman, the advanced key fob is barely any bigger than the stock fobs. I may talk her into this finally :blob:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
Jimbobwae, don't let a photo fool you. I have seen them side by side and the 2-way remote is a MONSTER compared to the standard remote. I held both in my hand and the 2-way is over twice its size and cannot be comfortable to carry around in your pocket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
cableguy said:
Jimbobwae, don't let a photo fool you. I have seen them side by side and the 2-way remote is a MONSTER compared to the standard remote. I held both in my hand and the 2-way is over twice its size and cannot be comfortable to carry around in your pocket.
I agree. Twice the thickness and antenna makes it bulky. It's not bad in the pocket, unless you wear tight pants.(I don't need an answer on that) :eek:hno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
I have been away from this forum for awhile. But I cant find the answer to this question. I have an 08 with the factory remote start. I talked to the dealer and looked on the gm accessories site, and I only see 1 advanced 2 way remote option now, and it looks like the more expensive one (250.00). Did they do away with the one from last year that was only 150?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,130 Posts
cableguy said:
It is 2-way and has an LCD display. It shows tire pressure, gas gauge status, doors locked/unlocked plus a few more useless items but is supposed to offer extended range as some have complained the factory range is short.

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?action=gallery&g2_itemId=7130
In addition to the extended range the part I like is that it tells you if the vehicle started - you do not need to see the vehicle to know if the remote start worked or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
Now that alone certainly makes it worth $350 and a big bulge in my pocket :happy:

Get your minds out of the gutter...talking about the size and thickness of the remote 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Has anyone priced/purchased one of these recently? It seems that there is only 1 version of it now, instead of the two that were available before.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,851 Posts
dknaack said:
Has anyone priced/purchased one of these recently? It seems that there is only 1 version of it now, instead of the two that were available before.

Thanks
As I recall, the "two" that were available were the same unit - one for cars with factory remote start, and one with additional parts if your car didn't have the factory remote start installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
You can find on the web pretty cheap...like around $115. The dealer's parts department wanted about $160 plus another $150 for service to install. Unfortunately, you can't do the install yourself as it requires a GM Tech2 tool to load the programming from the existing module and then download into the 2-way replacement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Just tried to have it installed on our 08 'clave. As a prerequisite, your vehicle must have 4 RPO "options" installed. We only had 2 of the 4 despite having factory remote start already and just about every option including NAV except the DVD entertainment system. Not sure what 2 we're missing but it's a no-go according to the dealer. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Call another dealer. See what they say. There are dealers out there only interested in making a buck and can't see past this month's balance sheet.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
Jimbobwae
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top