EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it better not be the start of anything.
I had to take a 2 hour trip today to do a wedding with my band and i had to get there on time.
I was about 5minutes away on a single lane heavy traffic road and i look down and say why the F,,,, is my?
and wham 1 the car loses complete ability to give acceleration.i kept pushing the gas and nothing.
i was so frazzled because of the traffic behind me and wedding that i did not know what was going on.
I can tell you one thing , i was pissed.i shut down the car and restart and it was fine but, engine light still on
i immediately called onstar to give me a diagnostic.
it seems it has to do something with giving power to the car but looks ok to still drive huh?
anyway i made it to my destination and made onstar call my dealer for monday .i did drive it home and it seemed fine except engine
light is still on.
after looking at the manual it looks like an emission thing and new gas fill up/maybe gas cap loose??
i'm hoping thats all it is and should clear after a couple drives .mean while i'm sweating it.
i don't need any new car quirks and i'm sure none of you do either.
has this happened to anyone else yet? it happened in my vette once and i hope it just the loose cap/new gas thingie.

·
Registered
743 Posts
A friend of mine bought a new Enclave and a couple of weeks later she had it in the shop for the same thing, except she had a problem with the Oxygen Sensor. I was told that it was in the shop 2 or 3 more times for the same thing. I haven't heard from her and don't know what the status is on the Enclave now.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update:
i'm happy to say i went out to the car today and the engine light went off when started which leads me to believe the manual
about the loose gas cap,new brand of fuel or a new fuel fill up.i'm going to let it go for a week and see how it goes.
it matches what the manual says and it's happened to my vette before so, for now i'm hoping we are good.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I hope so too. Keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts