EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
As it was a leased company vehicle from the previous owner, I had my dealer run the VIN for any/all work performed on it since in service. Nothing popped as a tranny replacement. I don't know if block/tranny serial numbers are used anymore to match against the tranny that is in there now. Doubt if serial numbers are used like back in the day like motors and chassis numbers. ??? :shrug:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
cfedor, I wonder if a tech would be able to detect evidence of an opened transmission?
I may just have to ask the next time I "might" be at the dealer. I haven't been back to the dealer for quite a while. I know my service advisor is probably missing me. :hilarious2: I might just drop in to say hi and ask her, she's a cutie anyway.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
DriveAround said:
got my wave plate issue fixed last week. didn't realize it was covered now by a special warranty. whew!!!
What year/mileage is your Enclave?

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
cfedor said:
I may just have to ask the next time I "might" be at the dealer. I haven't been back to the dealer for quite a while. I know my service advisor is probably missing me. :hilarious2: I might just drop in to say hi and ask her, she's a cutie anyway.
Haha you made me think of when I was a college student and getting my haircut in the mall. This was a different time when often people doing hair were very easy on the eyes.

I always asked for Michelle. One day, there were like 4 people available, and Michelle was doing one person after the other, and I was next. Some guy goes, "Sir, I can take you now." I replied, "That's ok, I'm waiting for Michelle."

He gets irritated and says, "Gee, Michelle! You must give a really good haircut!"

That, I can attest to....sure made this then 21 y.o. happy every time..... :happy:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just picked up my wife's Enclave today after dealer replaced the wave plate. My total cost...$0. :blob: She said it has more power and when going downhill, when she lets off the gas pedal, the vehicle now stays at the same speed. Prior to the replacement, it would simply roll faster causing her to use the brake. I am very impressed how GM takes care of it's customers. :thumb:

·
Registered
432 Posts
ecclesand said:
Just picked up my wife's Enclave today after dealer replaced the wave plate. My total cost...$0. :blob: She said it has more power and when going downhill, when she lets off the gas pedal, the vehicle now stays at the same speed. Prior to the replacement, it would simply roll faster causing her to use the brake. I am very impressed how GM takes care of it's customers. :thumb:
Excellent! :cheers:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
ecclesand said:
I love hearing GREAT reports like this!

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
ecclesand said:
That's great news!

BTW, my 2008 Enclave has always picked up speed while rolling down even mild sloping roads. Why do you think the repair has changed your transmission's downhill characteristics?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
GoldEnclave said:
That's great news!

BTW, my 2008 Enclave has always picked up speed while rolling down even mild sloping roads. Why do you think the repair has changed your transmission's downhill characteristics?
So has mine. Even with cruise control engaged it may even deviate up to 5 MPH faster going down a hill. Is it not supposed to, and hold the speed when you take you foot off the accelerator pedal ???

·
Registered
432 Posts
cfedor said:
So has mine. Even with cruise control engaged it may even deviate up to 5 MPH faster going down a hill. Is it not supposed to, and hold the speed when you take you foot off the accelerator pedal ???
My experience with cruise control has always been that it works more smoothly and maintains a steady speed only on moderately level roads with only mild inclines and declines. There is no automatic braking involved in the feature. The technology senses momentum and lightens the acceleration, but without actual braking as a feature, the "push" of a 5,000# vehicle is what you get. I've always thought of cruise control as a highways kind of thing, unsuited for in-town driving, where personal, undistracted engagement demands always being in direct control of acceleration and braking, etc. at all times! :angel:

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
:ditto: Thanks 2MuchCoffee.

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
2MuchCoffee said:
My experience with cruise control has always been that it works more smoothly and maintains a steady speed only on moderately level roads with only mild inclines and declines. There is no automatic braking involved in the feature. The technology senses momentum and lightens the acceleration, but without actual braking as a feature, the "push" of a 5,000# vehicle is what you get. I've always thought of cruise control as a highways kind of thing, unsuited for in-town driving, where personal, undistracted engagement demands always being in direct control of acceleration and braking, etc. at all times! :angel:
That is the intended purpose. Breaking hasn't been a feature in cruise control (until recent adaptive cruise control designs have come about) because the goal was to maintain a steady high speed velocity, and wind resistance would usually be adequate to maintain speed down most hills.

·
Registered
848 Posts
GM sure is taking their time with reimbursement checks. Been a couple months now....

·
Super Moderator
21,164 Posts
If getting the check in only a few weeks is common, something could be awry here. In that case, I agree with Rick H's recommendation.

201 - 220 of 242 Posts
About this Discussion
241 Replies
50 Participants
JaviCXL
EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community
We’re a forum community dedicated to Buick Enclave SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing