EnclaveForum.net: Buick Enclave Online Community banner

2007-2009 Wave plate now has 10 yr/120,000 warranty!

122K views 241 replies 50 participants last post by  JaviCXL 
#1 ·
#14404: Special Coverage Adjustment - Transmission Clutch Wave Plate - (Mar 3, 2015)
Subject: 14404 – Special Coverage Adjustment – Transmission Clutch Wave Plate

Models: 2007-2009 Buick Enclave
2008-2009 Chevrolet Equinox, Malibu
2009 Chevrolet Traverse
2007-2009 GMC Acadia
2007-2009 Pontiac G6
2008-2009 Pontiac Torrent
2007-2009 Saturn AURA, OUTLOOK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some 2007-2009 model year Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, Pontiac G6, Saturn AURA and OUTLOOK, 2008-2009 model year Chevrolet Equinox and Malibu, and Pontiac Torrent, and 2009 model year Chevrolet Traverse vehicles identified above and, equipped with a 6T70 or 6T75 - 6 speed FWD automatic transmission –– may experience a cracked or fractured wave plate, resulting in a loss of 3rd, 5th and reverse gears.

Special Coverage Adjustment
This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Dealers are to replace the 3rd /5th / reverse clutch plate. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.

For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after March 2, 2015 are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to March 2, 2015 must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.

Vehicles Involved
All involved vehicles are identified by Vehicle Identification Number on the Applicable Warranties section in GM Global Warranty Management system. Dealership service personnel should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content.

Customer Reimbursement – For US
Customer requests for reimbursement of previously paid repairs to correct the condition described in this bulletin are to be submitted to the dealer by March 31 2016, unless otherwise specified by state law. If this is not convenient for the customer, they may mail the completed Customer Reimbursement Request Form and all required documents to the GM Customer Assistance Center. Repairs must have occurred within the 10 years of the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

All reasonable and customary costs to correct the condition described in this bulletin should be considered for reimbursement. Any questions or concerns should be reviewed with your GM representative prior to processing the request.

When a customer requests reimbursement, they must provide the following:

•A completed Customer Reimbursement Request Form. This form is mailed to the customer or can be obtained through GM GlobalConnect.
•The name and address of the person who paid for the repair.
•Paid receipt confirming the amount of the repair expense, a description of the repair, and the person or entity performing the repair.
Important: GM requires dealers to approve or deny a reimbursement request within 30 days of receipt. If a reimbursement request is approved, the dealer should immediately issue a check to the customer and submit an appropriate warranty transaction for the incurred expense. If a reimbursement request is denied, the dealer MUST provide the customer with a clear and concise explanation, in writing, as to why the request was denied. The bottom portion of the Customer Reimbursement Request Form may be used for this purpose. If the denial was due to missing documents, the customer can resubmit the request when the missing documents are obtained, as long as it is still within the allowed reimbursement period.

Warranty transactions for customer reimbursement of previously paid repairs are to be submitted as required by GM Global Warranty Management. Additional information can also be found in Warranty Administration Bulletin 11-00-89-004.

See less See more
#2 ·
:thumb: Great news!!!!!! Thanks for the information rbarrios.

#3 ·
Gonna print this. I wonder if GM will send out a letter like they did for the water pump.

#4 ·
Sorely needed - just wonder if they would cover the Solenoids that went 18k miles after the wave plate was fixed for me - the solenoids went most likely due to left over debris from the rebuild............

#5 ·
Crap!!!! The wave plate went on my 08 Outlook last August at 143k miles. Missed it by 23k. Wonder if I complain to Customer Satisfaction I can get something towards the repair costs since I'm a loyal GM owner now with an Enclave.

#6 ·
rbarrios said:
#14404: Special Coverage Adjustment - Transmission Clutch Wave Plate - (Mar 3, 2015)
Subject: 14404 – Special Coverage Adjustment – Transmission Clutch Wave Plate

Models: 2007[/color]-2009 Buick Enclave
2009 Chevrolet Traverse
2007-2009 GMC Acadia
2007-2009 Pontiac G6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some 2007-2009 model year Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, Pontiac G6, Saturn AURA and OUTLOOK, 2008-2009 model year Chevrolet Equinox and Malibu, and Pontiac Torrent, and 2009 model year Chevrolet Traverse vehicles identified above and, equipped with a 6T70 or 6T75 - 6 speed FWD automatic transmission –– may experience a cracked or fractured wave plate, resulting in a loss of 3rd, 5th and reverse gears.

Special Coverage Adjustment
This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Dealers are to replace the 3rd /5th / reverse clutch plate. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.

For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after March 2, 2015 are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to March 2, 2015 must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.

Vehicles Involved
All involved vehicles are identified by Vehicle Identification Number on the Applicable Warranties section in GM Global Warranty Management system. Dealership service personnel should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content.

Customer Reimbursement – For US
Customer requests for reimbursement of previously paid repairs to correct the condition described in this bulletin are to be submitted to the dealer by March 31 2016, unless otherwise specified by state law. If this is not convenient for the customer, they may mail the completed Customer Reimbursement Request Form and all required documents to the GM Customer Assistance Center. Repairs must have occurred within the 10 years of the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

All reasonable and customary costs to correct the condition described in this bulletin should be considered for reimbursement. Any questions or concerns should be reviewed with your GM representative prior to processing the request.

When a customer requests reimbursement, they must provide the following:

•A completed Customer Reimbursement Request Form. This form is mailed to the customer or can be obtained through GM GlobalConnect.
•The name and address of the person who paid for the repair.
•Paid receipt confirming the amount of the repair expense, a description of the repair, and the person or entity performing the repair.
Important: GM requires dealers to approve or deny a reimbursement request within 30 days of receipt. If a reimbursement request is approved, the dealer should immediately issue a check to the customer and submit an appropriate warranty transaction for the incurred expense. If a reimbursement request is denied, the dealer MUST provide the customer with a clear and concise explanation, in writing, as to why the request was denied. The bottom portion of the Customer Reimbursement Request Form may be used for this purpose. If the denial was due to missing documents, the customer can resubmit the request when the missing documents are obtained, as long as it is still within the allowed reimbursement period.

Warranty transactions for customer reimbursement of previously paid repairs are to be submitted as required by GM Global Warranty Management. Additional information can also be found in Warranty Administration Bulletin 11-00-89-004.
There is no 2007 Enclave. Where was this information sourced?

#7 ·
:blob: So very happy to hear this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This makes my day, thank you SO much for posting....and praise be to GM for stepping up and fixing the problem under an extended warranty.

OK..... :D.....this makes the following I have extensions for:

Timing chain
Water pump
Power steering pump
Wave plate

Only thing that they still could extend would be steering rack and A/C. Maybe struts, for which I've replaced one and might have another one needing replacement.

#8 ·
This is really exciting! GM did what many on this forum had strongly doubted they would ever do. Either there were enough failures to finally trigger action based on protocol or their hands were forced by an outside source. Regardless, GM is finally officially providing extended warranty coverage for the last major flaw that has plagued the early lambdas and frustrated and worried the early adopters. :thumb:

#9 ·
GoldEnclave said:
found it on the Saturnalia forums.

some 2009 folks with Onstar should check to see if it shows up on their Onstar warranty info....

#10 ·
GoldEnclave said:
Perhaps the fact that 2008 model year was first built in April-May 2007 led to the confusion. :angel:

#12 ·
kenthurgood said:
Awesome news :thumb:

Will definitely relieve some of the worry concerning the monster bill if the waveplate were to go.[/color]

Still would be an inconvenience if the plate broke, but GM seems to be stepping up a lot more lately over mistakes made.[/color]

The way business should be done.[/color]
:thumb:

#13 ·
This is a milestone in man's history!

After many years of renouncing the vast majority of customer claims filed past the warranty limitation, I see GM has finally decided to stop repudiating those claims.

I'm curious as to WHY, at such a late date, they added 20% more mileage and doubled the duration (whichever comes first).

. . Falcon

#14 ·
FalconEddy said:
This is a milestone in man's history![/color]

After many years of renouncing the vast majority of customer claims filed past the warranty limitation, I see GM has finally decided to stop repudiating those claims.

I'm curious as to WHY, at such a late date, they added 20% more mileage and doubled the duration (whichever comes first).[/color]

. . Falcon
I wholeheartedly agree![/color] :thumbsup:

Me, too.[/color] ???

#15 ·
Ward said:
Crap!!!! The wave plate went on my 08 Outlook last August at 143k miles. Missed it by 23k. Wonder if I complain to Customer Satisfaction I can get something towards the repair costs since I'm a loyal GM owner now with an Enclave.
contact the dealer and Buick Customer service and see if you submit your work order and receipt, if you would get a reimbursment.

#16 ·
cfedor said:
contact the dealer and Buick Customer service and see if you submit your work order and receipt, if you would get a reimbursment.
It will be interesting.....given it was a Saturn....and the customer doesn't have possession of the vehicle anymore. :shrug: Did they say reimbursments were going to happen? I'll re read the above information.

Edit: OK....just read the part about reimbursement. Wow! So $3,600 repair times how many vehicles already fixed.....oh man, would hate to be one of the bean counters now. Still wonder if you don't still own the vehicle how that works....again, will be interesting to hear about.

#17 ·
I am sorry if I am wrong.

I have read that the new lady president of GM wants to better the companies image.

And that she has let go some higher ups that knew about problems with the vehicles and wouldn't own up to it.

Cleaning house, so to speak ... not to sound sexist :D

Carry on :thumb:

#18 ·
Good one kenthurgood.

The thing that concerns me is the last sentence in the first para.
"equipped with a 6T70 or 6T75 - 6 speed FWD automatic transmission"
What about AWD types?

#21 ·
Yes, actually I'm hoping to have a GM rep chime in about the validity of this information. No offense rbarrios, but this is a news release of monumental proportions for many of us. A claim of this magnitude really needs to substantiated by a second party. I'd love to be involved. The reason will become a bit more clear as you read what I also noticed in my post below (as did the commenter above me)

Where did you obtain the link to the bulletin?

I'm highly curious as to why the nomenclature in GM's documentation is specific to FWD only, and there's no mention of the disposition of AWD vehicles. It mentions both the 6T70 and 6T75, but only the MH2 and MY9 versions of those transaxles. What about the MH6 version of the 6T75? I mean, they're all six speed transaxles, and whether FWD or AWD, just as prone to waved plate issues as each other. I know this to be a fact as I most likely have done as much research on this as anyone on the four main Lambda boards.

I sincerely hope that's an oversight on the part of GM, and not a limitation of the new extended warranty. That would be a MOST nefarious imperfection if the AWD vehicles were excluded, and would undoubtedly cause more problems than when those warranty repairs started pouring in left and right about the 3-5-R clutch waved plates cracking/breaking in the first place (takes a breath).

Then, we found out no recall was going to take place. A higher level of aggravation and heart rate for most of us. Others may have already had the repair performed since their plate had broken; but, several were sweating it out, wondering if they were going to make it inside the warranty before theirs went belly up.

Time marched on, warranties expired, wave plates continued to break, new people searched us out and told their stories about the cost of doing business for repairs or rebuilt transaxles. GM addressed those on a case by case basis...some worked things out to sort of a 'fair' point, or even 'good' or better for a few, and some didn't know how to approach it at all, alienated everyone through anger, and got shafted in the deal.

I guess my point is that each time we reach another stage of development with this chronic issue, we seem to become even more outraged than we were previously because GM either holds something back, or crosses the 't's but doesn't dot the 'i's, or has six out of seven 'yes' comments; but, the issue never gets officially gets put to bed because of it. It stays on the bottom of your shoe like a piece of gum that you can't scrape off.

What I really need is one of the reps from GM that hover in these forums, to give us the straight dope on this policy/warranty extension issue in regards to the 3-5-R wave plate.

Does it, or does it not include the MH6 version (IE: All Wheel Drive) of the six speed 6T75 Hydra Matic transaxle?

. . Falcon

#22 ·
Nevermind, I found what I needed by myself. It was in the header info on a previous TSB to this same notification which revealed the information I needed:

#09-07-30-012F: No Reverse, 3rd or 5th, Check Engine Light Illuminated, DTC P0776 (Replace 3-5 Reverse Clutch Plate (Waved) - (Sep 26, 2012)
Subject: No Reverse, 3rd or 5th, Check Engine Light Illuminated, DTC P0776 (Replace 3-5 Reverse Clutch Plate (Waved)

Models: 2008-2009 Buick Enclave
2009 Chevrolet Traverse
2007-2009 GMC Acadia
2007-2009 Pontiac G6
2008-2009 Saturn VUE
All Equipped with 6T70/75 6-Speed Automatic Transmission (RPOs MH2, MH4, MH6 or MY9)

As you can see, the RPO code (Regular Production Option) is listed right there in the last line. The MH2 and MY9 are FWD options, and the MH4 and MH6 are AWD options. They have an extra output shaft to allow the installation of a transfer case.

They should have just left out the FWD information on the other bulletin, because it's confusing (and stupid). I freaked myself out due to that acronym being in there.

I really couldn't imagine that GM would have disallowed the AWD vehicles. It's the EXACT SAME transaxle, they just have different options.

Now if I can only get a handle on what happened at 70MPH while driving on I93N yesterday, and get it fixed so it NEVER happens again, I'll feel safe in the Enclave again.

. . Falcon

#26 ·
This was posted on the Traverse forum... By GM Customer Service Rep

"How are you today, Tadpole? I have looked into your inquiry further and see GM is planning to notify all owners of the coverage on their vehicles. I'm glad to hear your son has been informed and working to have his concern resolved. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us again.

Marlea W.
Chevrolet Customer Care"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.